14th August 2008, 05:41 PM
Have a wee read at this article
http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/august2008/081408_ice_age.htm

Livi
14th August 2008, 05:44 PM
will i be dead before this happens? (well over 100?) :rolleyes::p

Gismo
15th August 2008, 03:56 AM
Whilst i agree that i don't believe in global warming as such, i can't help but keep an ironic smile with these types of reports.

Apart from anything else, the clever use of words like "plummeting" and "decades" and "pounded" etc go as far to whip up the mind to make us believe that what we are reading is the worst case possible.

Just exactly how far back can we go for records, i doubt the 11,000 years mentioned for the sun can be acurately measured much past the last 250 years or so, just exactly what recordings could we use to compare with what we have nowadays.

In any event, the fact we are being crucified financially is in my mind a complete fix and an injustice

Crombers
15th August 2008, 08:04 AM
I'm with the Gaffer on this one, we're fed all kinds of 'doom' whilst 'they' act as 'pick pocket' at the same time :frown::ragin:

C.Noble
21st August 2008, 11:38 AM
Roll on global warming at Knockhill! :smilewinkgrin:

Burple
21st August 2008, 02:04 PM
Hey.. take your pick which version of your doom you want to believe..

Alternative hysteria catalyst... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/climate_alaska_dc)

:rolleyes::D

The Dogfather
21st August 2008, 02:26 PM
For every article that 'proves' global warming there's another that 'disproves', however read up on the global reduction in glaciers and then decide for yourself, not just one or two but all are showing a marked reduction.

The climate is too complex to say x will cause y, really all we have is a best guess.

mini saltire
21st August 2008, 03:17 PM
Jesus, it just rained here in Sunny Dunbar, that is the first shower of any discription since........ the last one we had about 15 minutes ago. there was also some thunder and lightning and now its sunny again. Just glad I'm not in charge of tyre pressures!!

worried,

Mark
in
Dunbar
:smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
21st August 2008, 04:26 PM
The oil price isn't manipulated by the government. There's a shortage of supply caused by Alan spending too much time on NMS, at the time of the recent peak he was also posting on Northern MINI as well.

To keep the oil price down just keep telling Alan to get back to work :D

mini saltire
21st August 2008, 05:00 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: