PDA

View Full Version : Stung by a Wasp

Scottie
14th August 2008, 07:36 AM
On Tuesday.:ragin::ragin:

I have forgotton how dam painful a wasp sting is. Didn't help I was driving the car at the time:argh::argh:

There seems to be millions of the buggers about this year.

Big Gordy
14th August 2008, 08:50 AM
Found a wee nest when I was cleaning the garage out 2 weeks ago luckily no-one was at home when I put it in the bin:smilewinkgrin:
Also had the council exterminator zap what I think was another nest in the front porch:yes nod: Your right Fi there does seem to be more of them this year:ragin:

audrey
14th August 2008, 04:39 PM
My dog was stung by a wasp couple of weeks ago poor thing think hes still traumatised they seem to be everywhere:frown:

Craig
14th August 2008, 06:58 PM
aye fi.... you just need to smoke more..... ;)

midge
14th August 2008, 10:53 PM
I was having shower one day when a wasp stung me on my back, at first I thought I'd had an electric shock or something, until I saw the wee bugger spiraling down the plug hole. And I've got to say it really is bloody sore!

Crombers
15th August 2008, 08:06 AM
I'm setting myself up here big time....................

Never been stung !!

(battening down the hatches as I :computer:)

Big Gordy
15th August 2008, 09:30 AM
Never been stung !!

:eek: Me too...!!:yawn: Weird

ianking
15th August 2008, 09:37 AM
Some years ago now I was stung in the ear by a wasp. It was very unpleasant. The noise was imense. The thing couldnt get out. My Mum had to pin me down and haul the thing out my ear. The ear ended up swelling up and I couldnt really hear out of it for a week.

C.Noble
15th August 2008, 12:36 PM
Got stung on the arm on Tuesday too :ragin:... My arm felt like I had been punched by Tyson for a day or so :eek:... the wasp died a painfull, but VERY quick death soon after... and its remains stamped accross several square feet of car park! :D

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2008, 03:03 PM
See, you guys might just as well be discussion airplanes plummeting into the ground at 5,000mph as wasp stings. Reading about either of the two have the same effect on me.:Whistle:

But now you see why when a wasp nears, I flap my arms, run like an Olympic athlete and squeal like a girlie. It's really the only way to ensure you don't get stung.:hand:

A.:D

Craig
15th August 2008, 06:04 PM
See, you guys might just as well be discussion airplanes plummeting into the ground at 5,000mph as wasp stings. Reading about either of the two have the same effect on me.:Whistle:

But now you see why when a wasp nears, I flap my arms, run like an Olympic athlete and squeal like a girlie. It's really the only way to ensure you don't get stung.:hand:

A.:D

WOAH there Carl Lewis... I don't think I have EVER seen you run... :thud::moonie: :Whistle:;bigwave:

I can confirm you do the other 2 tho....:Whistle: :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
15th August 2008, 06:13 PM
aye fi.... you just need to smoke more..... ;)

Craig,

I was driving and smoking at the time when I got stung.

Since Wednesday I have made a point of killing any wasp I see making sure they meet a violent death.:cool::cool::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2008, 06:40 PM
Since Wednesday I have made a point of killing any wasp I see making sure they meet a violent death.:cool::cool::thumbs up:

Quite right too.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Big Gordy
15th August 2008, 07:35 PM
One less Andy has to worry about:eyes up:

Gismo
16th August 2008, 02:48 AM
WOAH there Carl Lewis... I don't think I have EVER seen you run... :thud::moonie: :Whistle:;bigwave:

I can confirm you do the other 2 tho....:Whistle: :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up: