PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Toffee MINI Meats

N12 JLK
13th August 2008, 08:17 PM
Hello all, its getting to that time of the year again when the Mini Meats gatherings will be happening during the Autumn/Winter months again. They have proven to be popular over the years and I have had requests already to start them soon.

Friday 26th September
This meet will be at the Castlecary Hotel in Castlecary just off the M80, we have had a meet here before and all I can say is the food is fantastic and as the title says the sticky toffee pud is tooooooo die for (yum yum).
There will be space for 20 people (may fit 24) to come along as they cor-den off an area of the restaurant/pub for us to use so can I ask you put your names down quickly so I can confirm the numbers to them before I book it as I don't want them to book the area for us and only 10 turn up as it will be a waste of business space for them. ( approx names down for 2 weeks time then I will speak to the restaurant).
As with all other Mini Meats there is no run just a wee gathering for a wee chat and get together with all other mini fanatics.
If we meet at 7pm in the car park at the back ( red chucky car park) and we can then sit down at 7:30pm for our meal.

Food Menu
castle carry hotel menu (http://www.castlecaryhotel.co.uk/FBM.pdf), they also have daily specials.

Directions
http://www.castlecaryhotel.com/ click on location on this page

The tables sit 4 so the waitress will take your order by the table so the best way to pay is to split the bill by each table at the end of the night. I hope that's convenient.

Names=

1= Jason, Lesley and Kerr
2=
3= D3 JDA (David & Fiona)
4= mini william
5= Big Gordy + 3
6= Bumble
7= Mark (maybe)
8=Fiona and Allan
9= Colin
10= Elfman

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2008, 08:35 PM
Yes please.:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
13th August 2008, 08:37 PM
well done Mr and Mrs Poole:thumbs up:

ianking
13th August 2008, 09:21 PM
No can do for us as we will be on a big plane going on our holidays.

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2008, 09:39 PM
Jason, I've fixed the formatting of the URL's in the top post.:thumbs up:

A.:D

D3 JDA
13th August 2008, 09:44 PM
Hi there Jason can u put our names down please . David and Fiona

Craig
13th August 2008, 09:58 PM
Jason,

we are a maybe for the moment - Mrs D has a friends retiral doo on that weekend, :thud::frown: but she doesn't know the date...:eyes up:

N12 JLK
13th August 2008, 10:03 PM
no bother folks thats you all added.

Craig and Jude never mind the retirement doo just come along if it on that night, you'll never see them again anyway!:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
13th August 2008, 10:04 PM
Jason, I've fixed the formatting of the URL's in the top post.:thumbs up:

Ta, I'll need to find out how to do that myself.

Craig
13th August 2008, 10:05 PM
Jude is ignoring you comments.... :moonie:

we can make it, the doo is on the Sat. ;)

Big Gordy
14th August 2008, 09:06 AM
Jason
Stick me and the missus down as a provisional for this:thumbs up: I'll try and talk her into coming if not I'll just bring Ross:Whistle:

Mini Ecosse
14th August 2008, 12:45 PM
Sorry, start backshift that day :argh:

Stephen & Allyson

Bumble
14th August 2008, 07:40 PM
ME! --- I love STP!

Scottie
14th August 2008, 08:05 PM
Jason
Stick me and the missus down as a provisional for this:thumbs up: I'll try and talk her into coming if not I'll just bring Ross:Whistle:
:eek::eek::eek::thud::p

Scottie
14th August 2008, 08:06 PM
we are a yes Jason.:thumbs up:

markyc
14th August 2008, 09:05 PM
Mr Nicol could you please apend my name and Nicola's to your lovely wee list :D

You are indeed a star :thumbs up: ;)

Craig
14th August 2008, 09:15 PM
Mr Nicol could you please apend my name and Nicola's to your lovely wee list :D

You are indeed a star :thumbs up: ;)

woah..... who's this guy ? ? :Whistle::Whistle::thud:

Crombers
15th August 2008, 08:10 AM
woah..... who's this guy ? ? :Whistle::Whistle::thud:

Looks like some dude from the central belt with one of those diesel 'S's :eyes up:

Crombers
15th August 2008, 08:11 AM
Oh & I'll be working (yet again) so no can manage Jason :frown:

N12 JLK
15th August 2008, 09:04 PM
Looks like some dude from the central belt with one of those diesel 'S's :eyes up:

Kick in the haw maws for you mate:moonie:

N12 JLK
15th August 2008, 09:08 PM
16 names down so far so hurry up its filling up fast!!!!!! remember the sticky toffee pudding is better than watching wullie thorn:thumbs up:

Colin
24th August 2008, 07:33 PM
Stick me down for this Jason.

N12 JLK
25th August 2008, 09:02 PM
What could we do on the Mini Meats nights to make them more interesting or is it fine the way it is?, Bingo, quiz?

AndyP & Lenore
25th August 2008, 09:06 PM
What could we do on the Mini Meats nights to make them more interesting or is it fine the way it is?, Bingo, quiz?

It's fine the way it is for me.:yes nod:

I've thought of doing a movie quiz a few times, but never seem to get the time to draw one up before the night. And then when the night comes along, I wonder where in the hell we'd have found time for it anyway.

J, you only have 20 spaces, you've filled 17 of them.:thumbs up: You do the math.:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
25th August 2008, 09:13 PM
I was going to bring my Karaoke machine for the night, I here you do a blinding Nat-King Cole and Sammy Davis jnr Andy:cool::popcorn:

AndyP & Lenore
25th August 2008, 09:14 PM
I was going to bring my Karaoke machine for the night, I here you do a blinding Nat-King Cole and Sammy Davis jnr Andy:cool::popcorn:

You heard wrong.:moonie::shut up:

N12 JLK
25th August 2008, 09:18 PM
You heard wrong.:moonie::shut up:

sorry it was Toyha:rolleyes:

Scottie
25th August 2008, 09:21 PM

:yes nod::yes nod:

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore

N12 JLK
28th August 2008, 08:33 PM
:yes nod::yes nod:

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore

oh well then ta ta:thumbs up:, who sung that again as Im soooo young my mind skips me

Scottie
28th August 2008, 08:36 PM
oh well then ta ta:thumbs up:, who sung that again as Im soooo young my mind skips me

:hand: Gloria.:rolleyes:

N12 JLK
28th August 2008, 08:41 PM
:hand: Gloria.:rolleyes:

Oh so it was, my my that was donks ago:frown:

Do you remember Joe Dolchie ( Ah shutupa yer face):laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2008, 11:26 PM
Do you remember Joe Dolchie ( Ah shutupa yer face):laugh:

Wish you would, sometimes.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

N12 JLK
30th August 2008, 10:06 PM
Wish you would, sometimes.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:moonie:

Big Gordy
1st September 2008, 08:47 AM
Jason can you stick me down for a x3 now as the missus (Ishbel) has confirmed her attendance (for now anyway :eek:) and Ross wants in on the sticky toffee pudding action as well:Whistle:.......TA:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
1st September 2008, 10:14 AM
Changed you from x2 to +2.

N12 JLK
8th September 2008, 08:56 PM
Hello all, can one of you many mods please make this a sticky to get it up the ranks a bit, I may get some more interest that way:thumbs up:
There are still places so get your names down, you dont need much cash, a tenner will do, thats all!! and they say there's a credit crunch:hand:

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2008, 09:08 PM
Opps. Sorry J, didn't realise it wasn't a sticky(toffeepudding).

A.

N12 JLK
9th September 2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Andy:rolleyes:

N12 JLK
13th September 2008, 03:25 PM
Come on peeps . 4 places left for the night!!!, unless we get 20 Im not doing anymore Mini meats cause I'll go in a huff:p:moonie:

Bumble
13th September 2008, 06:12 PM
Huffy Girl's blouse!

ELFMAN
15th September 2008, 08:17 AM
Jason, put me down as a 'Probable' - I'll see if I can get away from work on time for once! A man has to have a dream.......

N12 JLK
15th September 2008, 07:01 PM
Huffy Girl's blouse!

Can it be lace:Whistle::thumbs up:

Big Gordy
20th September 2008, 06:36 PM
Jason....looks like I may have a full house for this one:eek: Kirsten wants to come too now:eyes up: So that's 4 of us now:popcorn:

Crombers
21st September 2008, 09:52 AM
Apologies for coming in at this late stage Mr Kleenfettish, but I'm gonna be busy that night ;)

N12 JLK
22nd September 2008, 05:41 PM
Will phone to confirm numbers tonight to the Hotel, 18 plus Mr Corsar for drinks later.
See you all there :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
23rd September 2008, 08:06 AM
I've just found out I have this Friday off for the September weekend. Won't be working late - or at all! YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!

N12 JLK
24th September 2008, 07:27 PM
Well done Ewan:D

MINI William
25th September 2008, 07:57 PM
is it 2late to ask if i can come along sorry for late asking :rolleyes:?

Craig
25th September 2008, 09:52 PM
Jason,

Really sorry to do this to you, but gonna have to pull out. :frown::frown: Just can't afford it with everything going on at the moment and we have our holidays in 2 weeks.

And they say the credit crunch isn't biting... :eyes up::eyes up:

seen you soon mate... :yes nod::yes nod:

William could at least fill one of our spaces... ;)

Scottie
25th September 2008, 10:23 PM
Jason,

Really sorry to do this to you, but gonna have to pull out. :frown::frown: Just can't afford it with everything going on at the moment and we have our holidays in 2 weeks.

And they say the credit crunch isn't biting... :eyes up::eyes up:

seen you soon mate... :yes nod::yes nod:

William could at least fill one of our spaces... ;)

that's a shame never mind though you have your hols to look forward to, where are you of to.?

Craig
25th September 2008, 10:45 PM
that's a shame never mind though you have your hols to look forward to, where are you of to.?

Down to York to a set of lodges we have been to before... Peace perfect Peace. :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
26th September 2008, 08:49 AM
Down to York to a set of lodges we have been to before... Peace perfect Peace. :thumbs up:

Me and the missus are going to Whitby the week the schools are off:cool:
We could come visit you in York.....its not that far away:moonie::Whistle:

Craig
26th September 2008, 09:51 AM
Me and the missus are going to Whitby the week the schools are off:cool:
We could come visit you in York.....its not that far away:moonie::Whistle:

Your welcome to mate. . .

Big Gordy
26th September 2008, 10:47 AM
There's a great fish'n'chip shop in Whitby you know:smilewinkgrin:

N12 JLK
26th September 2008, 04:49 PM
no prob Craig, Mini William your more than welcome to come along, see you there.

AndyP & Lenore
26th September 2008, 05:00 PM
jason, like i said on the phone... Really sorry to pull out of tonight. This cold has me stumped. Coughing up lots of green phlegm and blowing slimey green bogies. Not very sociable. See you next time.

A. :sad:.

Bumble
26th September 2008, 05:27 PM
jason, like i said on the phone... Really sorry to pull out of tonight. This cold has me stumped. Coughing up lots of green phlegm and blowing slimey green bogies. Not very sociable. See you next time.

A. :sad:.

yuck - too much information ... may just put me off my Sticky Toffee ... naaaa unlikely!

N12 JLK
26th September 2008, 10:32 PM
Fab night folks, thanks for coming along. Nice to see the family Gordy. Hope David and Fiona enjoyed there first Mini Meats. Well I'm stuffed and sitting down with a Bud then off to kip.
Now was I right about the sticky toffee pud, magic or what!, Kerr is in his bed and not too hyper after Scottiecoops fun:smilewinkgrin:.
Hope your snot is away soon Andy. Nice scrapping noise Elfman from your car getting out the car park. For the next meet we should all bring big heavy jackets as its getting cold our there.
See you all again soon, Oh and the mussels were brill Alan how were yours:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
26th September 2008, 10:57 PM
Totally enjoyed my night out - great food and great company as usual. It was good to be in the 'Weans' corner - a veritable cornucopia of basic innuendo and playground humour. Fab.

Wee message to all snazzy black Mazda RX8 owners: Don't zoom up behind and pull up alongside a JCW 210 who's cruising home at 75mph and try to prove how you can accelerate away from it... you can't. I LOVE MY MINI!!! Perfect end to a perfect night.

MINI William
26th September 2008, 11:16 PM
brill night as usal with great banter in 'weans' corner.thanks to jason and lesly for organising & and a big thanks to bumble for letting me follow you up.

Crombers
27th September 2008, 09:06 AM
Wee message to all snazzy black Mazda RX8 owners: Don't zoom up behind and pull up alongside a JCW 210 who's cruising home at 75mph and try to prove how you can accelerate away from it... you can't. I LOVE MY MINI!!! Perfect end to a perfect night.

Oh I wish I could have watched & heard this one :thumbs up:

D3 JDA
27th September 2008, 05:28 PM
Big thanks to Jason Lesley and Wee Kerr for organising such a great first mini meat for us food was amazing many more good times to come we hope David and Fiona

Bumble
27th September 2008, 06:19 PM
Another fabbie Mini Meat guys - I'm still stuffed! The 'weans' corner is a good description, my sides still hurt with all the silly laughing; DISCO bobo bobo ... :hand:

Scottie
27th September 2008, 08:29 PM
Fab night folks, thanks for coming along. Nice to see the family Gordy. Hope David and Fiona enjoyed there first Mini Meats. Well I'm stuffed and sitting down with a Bud then off to kip.
Now was I right about the sticky toffee pud, magic or what!, Kerr is in his bed and not too hyper after Scottiedoops fun:smilewinkgrin:.
Hope your snot is away soon Andy. Nice scrapping noise Elfman from your car getting out the car park. For the next meet we should all bring big heavy jackets as its getting cold our there.
See you all again soon, Oh and the mussels were brill Alan how were yours:thumbs up:

glad Kerr enjoyed himself as did I but I was left a bit to hyper ;):smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

another good night wish we had stayed for the karaoke.;)

N12 JLK
28th September 2008, 01:12 PM
what would you have sung then Fiona if you would have been allowed to sing?