PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth?

drb5374
10th August 2008, 05:58 PM
Hey guys. Looks like i may have to sell the S and was looking for some advice on what it's worth.

I know the market is bad atm, but with a wedding now in the future, i should really be saving instead of paying finance. This will of course be paid off before i start to advertise.

March 2008 Cooper S
Just under 5900 miles
Fully Supaguarded
Dark Silver
Black roof + mirror covers
Black bonnet stripes
Black grille
R105 Burnished alloys good runflats + 2 spare brand new runflats
Spare set of S-Winder alloys/tyres 20 miles on the tyres
LSD
Chequered cloth interior
Chrome line interior
Piano black trim
Anthracite roof lining
On-board computer
Interior light pack
Floor mats
Passenger seat height adjust

All comments welcome. :)

Gismo
10th August 2008, 06:27 PM
Probably take off about 3 - 4-1/2k from what you actually paid for it

Scottie
10th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hijack but I couldn't tempt you to sell your side winders alloys could I depending on price of course.

drb5374
10th August 2008, 07:41 PM
Probably take off about 3 - 4-1/2k from what you actually paid for it

We did get a very good discount and although wheels were secondhand, they are pretty much mint condition, with the tyres having life for at least another 2k miles.

Scottiedoop, yer sure no worries. They are as i said, pretty much brand new, with only 20 miles done on the tyres. Send us a PM with an offer and we'll take it from there.:cool:

Craig
10th August 2008, 07:58 PM
From personal experience, you will be looking at 30% loss in the first 6 months, so if the car cost £20k, then you are looking around £14k. The market is THAT BAD.... :frown:

My car, which I got in December of last year has lost 30% already and it wasn't a fully specced up car or overpriced at the time...

I really feel for anyone trying to sell just now as the ar$e has fallen out of the market EVEN for MINI's :argh:

drb5374
10th August 2008, 08:18 PM
Cheers Craig. Don't wanna go post up exactly what we paid, but on looking through Pistonheads just there, the cheapest would be circa 14.5-15k....08 S?

Surely If you bought a brand new one at 16k, it wouldn't be expected to only sell for 11k a month or 2 after?

Craig
10th August 2008, 09:00 PM
Cheers Craig. Don't wanna go post up exactly what we paid, but on looking through Pistonheads just there, the cheapest would be circa 14.5-15k....08 S?

Surely If you bought a brand new one at 16k, it wouldn't be expected to only sell for 11k a month or 2 after?

you would be VERY surprised..... I had a £20K Cooper S that after 4 months had lost £5k....:frown::frown:

drb5374
10th August 2008, 09:03 PM
Scary thought.:eek:

Thanks for the advice.

Scottie
10th August 2008, 09:49 PM
S-Winders sold to me:cool::thumbs up:

Thanks David will be in touch shortly.:thumbs up: might even come through myself:eek::eek: if Allan can't manage.

drb5374
10th August 2008, 10:09 PM
Lol no worries at all.

Thanks Fiona.:cool:

MiniSnaps
12th August 2008, 02:20 AM

Well, yes, you probably would. Think of it this way, if you went into a dealers to buy your car, secondhand would you want to pay list for it? No, so the dealer would be retailing it at less than a new one , then you would need to factor in the dealer's profit margin.

I don't know what margin the Mini dealers try to get, but Arnold Clark usually peg their used prices at about £1500 over the auction value for their lower-priced stock, with probably nearer £2-2.5k markup on stuff like Minis.

You might be lucky though, I watched an '06 plate Cooper (Chilli Pack) with 22k which had had both sides and the bonnet painted and where someone had polished through the lacquer in several places(:frown:), do £9k at auction last week, so maybe Minis are bucking the trend.......