PDA

View Full Version : Do I have xeons on my car?

Ferengo
8th August 2008, 11:27 PM
I know this will sound stupid but do I have xeon headlights on my car (link below) I have no idea and I need to know as I'm fitting spotlights and it says there is different ways for xeon and non xeons.

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=40&pictureid=212

Cheers. G.

Gismo
8th August 2008, 11:34 PM
Judging by the piccie and my works laptop has a crap screen, nope, you aint got Xenons, but, there are other ways of knowing.
Comes with the Chili Pack

Also,do you have a headlight adjuster beside your knee bolster, if so, then Xenons are auto levelling and you would have headlamp washers, again comes with the Chili Pack

Colin
8th August 2008, 11:35 PM
If you have xeon lights then you will have headlight washers that pop out. Also if you open the bonnet and look at the headlight unit xeons usually have warning stickers for the high voltage 25,000 volts.

AeroJonny
9th August 2008, 11:03 AM
No, you don't.

(Xenons only come with the chili pack in a Cooper S ;))

philthy
9th August 2008, 02:56 PM
If you have xeon lights then you will have headlight washers that pop out.

My gf has washers and no Xenons...

Gismo
9th August 2008, 03:02 PM
My gf has washers and no Xenons...Eh :eek: can you check to see if her car has an interior headlight adjuster

philthy
9th August 2008, 03:55 PM
It has Hi/Lo Adjustment, yup, it is bizarre. It has normal lenses, not the projectors that xenons come with.

Gismo
9th August 2008, 03:58 PM
It has Hi/Lo Adjustment, yup, it is bizarre. It has normal lenses, not the projectors that xenons come with.If the car was bought from a dealer i would take it back to get them checked out, maybe you've got the wrong headlamps installed by a previous owner

philthy
9th August 2008, 04:05 PM
It was bought from an independant garage.
My theory is that it has had aftermarket xenons fitted at some point which require washers by law. It also didnt have any High Beam Bulbs fitted when we picked it up which seems to tie in. Although it does seem a lot of hassle to abide by a rarely enforced law.

Ferengo
9th August 2008, 06:06 PM
Cheers guys but I tried looking at fitting my spotlamps today and...:argh: Think I will get a professional to do the job. Thanx anyway:thumbs up:

Livi
11th August 2008, 12:53 AM
if you want me to check your spec give me a pm with your reg

Ohh and you will know you have xenon when your wallet decidingly blows up in your face with the price of each bulb

I do know x5 bulbs are £130 each:rolleyes:

philthy
11th August 2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for that JC,

turns out it was an optional extra for non xenon equipped cars!

Burple
11th August 2008, 05:03 PM
Eh :eek: can you check to see if her car has an interior headlight adjuster

On my 03 Cooper I specced headlight washers.. and non Xenons.. ;):p:D

Gismo
12th August 2008, 03:37 AM
Well, you learn something every day :yes nod: