PDA

View Full Version : The Verve

euan
8th August 2008, 10:09 AM
I have to admit, I was always a fan of the Verve, but having watched and listened to them live a few times recently (on TV, not in person unfortunately) they just look and sound awesome! If you've not seen it, check out the video of a live recording they did on Radio 1 this week. I've got it on while I'm working today and it sounds so good (and I've cranked the bass up on the subwoofer for the full effect :D)

With a new Oasis album out in a few weeks, I'm actually more excited by the Verve album than it. I was really gutted when they broke up and tried so hard to get tickets to see them when the tour was on but we were up to our eyes in wedding organization and spending cash on gigs was out, really even more gutted now!

Anyone else seen them recently? Agree, disagree?

illegalhunter
8th August 2008, 04:34 PM
Noel is god Oasis are in a different league

Gismo
8th August 2008, 04:34 PM
Yep, The Verve get my vote :thumbs up:

stoney
8th August 2008, 10:32 PM
I have to admit, I was always a fan of the Verve, but having watched and listened to them live a few times recently (on TV, not in person unfortunately) they just look and sound awesome! If you've not seen it, check out the video of a live recording they did on Radio 1 this week. I've got it on while I'm working today and it sounds so good (and I've cranked the bass up on the subwoofer for the full effect :D)

With a new Oasis album out in a few weeks, I'm actually more excited by the Verve album than it. I was really gutted when they broke up and tried so hard to get tickets to see them when the tour was on but we were up to our eyes in wedding organization and spending cash on gigs was out, really even more gutted now!

Anyone else seen them recently? Agree, disagree?

i seen them at glasto and they where good but not that good in my eyes :shut up: but that is me i realy like the old stuff just not the new stuff ;) but put on a good show

euan
9th August 2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, the old stuff is great (I've heard them do Music a few times and it's superb), but I like the new stuff too, it's got a lot more to it than a lot of the stuff that's out there just now.

Maybe I'm getting old though!

ianking
9th August 2008, 11:15 AM
I LOVE the Verve. I saw them live about 6 months ago as part of their come back tour when they were in Glasgow. It was amazing. Cant wait for their new album.
Recorded them live at T in the park and have watched it many times since. I wasnt as keen on Richard Ashcrofts solo stuff (his 1st album OK but the 2nd was gash). But the verve as a group are top quality.

euan
9th August 2008, 12:53 PM
I LOVE the Verve. I saw them live about 6 months ago as part of their come back tour when they were in Glasgow. It was amazing. Cant wait for their new album.
Recorded them live at T in the park and have watched it many times since. I wasnt as keen on Richard Ashcrofts solo stuff (his 1st album OK but the 2nd was gash). But the verve as a group are top quality.

Yeah, his second album wasn't at all good! :shut up:

Smitty
10th August 2008, 08:21 PM
The Verve - overrated and rather dull in my eyes, other than a selected few songs (particularly Sonnet) they do nothing for me and there new stuff is just as uninspiring!

Oasis - pack it in guys, PLEASE. I worshiped Oasis when I was young, and they pretty much got me into music in the massive way that I am now but I've had enough of them. They haven't had a good album since Be Here Now. Anything since then has just missed the mark completely. Neither does it sound like old Oasis or add anything particularly new or cutting edge to the modern "indie" playlist. So i'm afraid I know view Oasis as another one of those bands that begin with "the" i.e. churnning out songs for money (joining the likes of Kaiser Cheifs, Kooks, Hoosiers, Twang.....I could go on for hours!!)

euan
11th August 2008, 08:32 AM
I agree with you Smitty (to a degree!) as I'm kind of losing interest in music at the moment - nothing that is coming out just now is great.

However, I do really like the new Verve track and the snippet I've heard of the new Oasis track does sound great as well. So maybe there is hope!

Smitty
11th August 2008, 09:37 AM
I'm open minded all the same...I haven't heard the new Oasis tune yet so I'll report back when I do!