PDA

View Full Version : JCW Front Disks

Gismo
7th August 2008, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if the JCW front brake disks are the same as non JCW?
My disks were almost below the BMW allowable size at the last service interval :Whistle:

I won't be replacing them with BMW one's as i found Tarox to be far better at lasting more than 9,000 miles ;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2008, 06:56 PM
When we had the JCW brake upgrade fitted to our R53 they fitted new discs so I'm pretty sure they are different to stock.

A.:D

Gismo
7th August 2008, 06:58 PM
When we had the JCW brake upgrade fitted to our R53 they fitted new discs so I'm pretty sure they are different to stock.

A.:DI'm quite sure they would have fitted a kit as opposed to just the caliper and pads :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm quite sure they would have fitted a kit as opposed to just the caliper and pads :thumbs up:

I mean the discs are different. They don't rust anything like the same as stock ones.

A.

john
7th August 2008, 07:43 PM
JCW are larger diameter:thumbs up:

Gismo
7th August 2008, 08:17 PM
JCW are larger diameter:thumbs up:Hmm, not so good :frown:

Edit: my ongoing research shows the disks to be 22mm biggar than a standard S :argh:
So, anyone know of a suitable replacement

Gismo
7th August 2008, 08:35 PM
Well i guess i'll get my last run out of them at the scottishmini track night at Knockhill :thumbs up:

mikeythemini
7th August 2008, 09:59 PM
Contact Snowie on M2 - he is the brake expert having played with R56 brakes, & works ones on his R53 ;)

Neil and Lorna
7th August 2008, 10:00 PM
Well i guess i'll get my last run out of them at the scottishmini track night at Knockhill :thumbs up:

Alan I take it your going to this.
I had a wee lookie on scotish minis website and didn't recognise any names.
Was going to go but didn't want to be the only NMS bod there.

Neil.

Gismo
7th August 2008, 10:01 PM
Alan I take it your going to this.
I had a wee lookie on scotish minis website and didn't recognise any names.
Was going to go but didn't want to be the only NMS bod there.

Neil.I think it needs a lot of updating, a good few NMS'ers are going to watch

Gismo
7th August 2008, 10:05 PM
Contact Snowie on M2 - he is the brake expert having played with R56 brakes, & works ones on his R53 ;)Cheers Mike, PM sent :thumbs up: