PDA

View Full Version : Facelift rear lights

Gaz B
5th August 2008, 04:02 PM
As the title guys, I'm looking for a pair of facelift rear clusters for my 2002 R53 and the fog light too for the bumper if possible.

If anybody has a set or knows where I can get a set plase give me a shout.:thumbs up:

Gaz B
2nd September 2008, 03:40 PM
Typical! after I buy a set from ebay I get a chance of another 2 sets!:thud:

What is it they say about buses.:argh:

Anyway I now need the fog light that replaces the reverse light in the rear bumper if anybody has one of those kicking about?:popcorn:

C.Noble
2nd September 2008, 03:42 PM
The fog lamp is only about £20ish from MINI themselves...

Gaz B
2nd September 2008, 04:38 PM
The fog lamp is only about £20ish from MINI themselves...

Me being as tight as I am I thought I would see if anybody had one kicking about before I split a £20:blush: But I can't wait that long so just ordered it from David at J.C's for the princely sum of...............wait for it .............. £15.00.:yes nod:

Result. Cheers David.:thumbs up:

Livi
2nd September 2008, 05:42 PM
Everythings a Result from me with you :p

cpearson
8th September 2008, 11:38 AM
what's involved in swapping these over wiring wise ??? i'd like to update my 02 plate cooper :)

c

Gaz B
8th September 2008, 05:02 PM
what's involved in swapping these over wiring wise ??? i'd like to update my 02 plate cooper :)

c

Hey man, Don't think there is much involved, straight swap for clusters then join fog light to reverse light and vice versa. Ryan k is doing this at the moment too. he found these guides:

http://mini4u.de/images/pdf/Anleitung%20Pre%20auf%20Facelift%20RL.pdf

http://www.mini2.com/forum/exterior/77012-changed-my-2003-mini-cooper-s-rear-lights-2005-lights.html#post1200693

I was supposed to do mine at the weekend but my lights never showed up.:ragin:.En route now tho!:thumbs up: Remember you also need the rear fog light to replace the reverse light or as a few have done get a red lamp for the reverse light! Fog light is about £15ish from J.C's.