PDA

View Full Version : R56 seats removal

Scottie
4th August 2008, 11:33 PM
anyone taken the front and rear seats out of a R56 Mini.

Anything we need to know and tips or are they the same as R53 as we have taken these out before.

Take it we should still not turn the ignition on until news seats have been put in to save airbag light coming back on.

Gismo
4th August 2008, 11:43 PM
Not fully up to speed on this Fi, but, as for the previous variants do not even have the key in the ignition switch during removal and installation of the front seats

Smitty
4th August 2008, 11:58 PM
The Haynes manual for the R50/R53 adds to that - make sure you leave the car for five minutes after the ignition has been on to allow excess power to drain from the capacitors!

Airbag going off in your face wouldn't be fun :frown:

ianking
5th August 2008, 08:37 AM
Fi

I have had all the seats out of mine.

Open all the doors and tailgate then undo the battery. Safer that way incase it upsets the air bags.

Im sure the fronts are in with 4 x T30 screws. After they are undone there is a big yellow connector for the air bag and seat belt warning system. Unplug this and seat lifts out. Just remember to plug both front seats back before you hook up the battery. The back is almost the same set up as R50. 1 screw for the seat back uprights then they just rotate out of the rear 1/4. The seat base just pulls up.

weefossy
5th August 2008, 10:00 PM
Someone been buying some new seats???

Which reminds me, where FI, did you buy the Recaro's for the red convertible. Was it a Scottish dealer?

Scottie
5th August 2008, 10:06 PM
through drivers in Glasgow.

Not bought seats yet but I am thinking about it just depends on what I can get them for.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

mikeythemini
6th August 2008, 09:01 PM
Make sure the key isn't in
Unplug the big plug (has a lock mech in it)
Undo the 4 bolts & lift out

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2008, 09:07 PM
through drivers in Glasgow.

Not bought seats yet but I am thinking about it just depends on what I can get them for.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Sorry to hijack thread, can you remember how much and which style?

Scottie
6th August 2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hijack thread, can you remember how much and which style?

I think about 1500 to 2000 as I got them re trimmed to what I wanted. Recaro with electric bits.

Scottie
9th August 2008, 10:55 PM
Make sure the key isn't in
Unplug the big plug (has a lock mech in it)
Undo the 4 bolts & lift out

is the big plug under the seats.:confused:

I won the auction for seats from ebay, Lounge leather seats.:thumbs up:

ianking
10th August 2008, 09:17 PM
yes big yellow plug is under each front seat.

Scottie
10th August 2008, 09:31 PM
yes big yellow plug is under each front seat.

ta:thumbs up: