PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Social Evening?

Monsta Mo Mini
24th March 2004, 08:08 AM
Seeing as I won't be around these parts for much longer...

Who'd be up for an evening out on the town? Food and beer would be the main activities.
What dates would suite best should be noted.

List:

1. MMM
2.GAJ & Lady G (I'm not making any presumtions here am I?)
3. Vosh
4. macblob & Martina
5. Ken L
6. The Invisible Man (Wul)

Vosh
24th March 2004, 09:20 AM
Might be up for that. Where you off to MMM?

Willie M
24th March 2004, 04:21 PM
Sadly distance no longer makes this a viable one for us :(
Never mind, I'm sure Uncle Gaj will drink more than enough to make up for Linda's, and my absence ;):clown:

Have a good one Edinburgers :cool:

macblob
24th March 2004, 05:29 PM
1. MMM
2.GAJ & Lady G (I'm not making any presumtions here am I?)
3.Macblob + the misses

Any weekend apart from this one coming as i wont be here

Monsta Mo Mini
24th March 2004, 06:19 PM
I'm moving to distant foriegn kingdom.....

...otherwise known as Fife!

Duncan Stewart
24th March 2004, 07:14 PM
Nice one Calum - a new Fifer! were in Fife?
Helen & I might be able to make it depends where & when

mr.b
24th March 2004, 09:43 PM
woohoo! welcome to the lords kingdom of Fife!

where, where?

mr.b
24th March 2004, 09:44 PM
ps,

make sure you have a valid passport!

Wul
24th March 2004, 10:54 PM
Well guys - as ever i'm in no position to confirm nor deny an attempt to attend this gathering however once you sort out a suitable date i'll endeavour to put as many obstacles in my way to attend! ;)

But seriously we are also embarking on the nightmare that is selling our flat so will try and get along if it suits!

Calum - how many viewers did it take before you got your flat sold in the end (I trust it is sold!) - a mate of a guy at work sold his in 2 days last week :eek: but then it did look over the grounds of Donaldsons' School!

KenL
24th March 2004, 11:00 PM
I could be up for that if the date suits.

GAJ
24th March 2004, 11:02 PM
Count me in! Oh! You have.

Monsta Mo Mini
24th March 2004, 11:40 PM
I'm moving to the Lang Toun, Oofya whit's that Smell (© B.Connolly)or as it's more commonlty known...Kirkcaldy. Needs must and we did get a terrific house!

Wul - don't mean to worry you but we still haven't sold the flat and have only had ten viewers in 6 weeks. It has picked up a bit this week so fingers crossed. Where are you moving to?

How about the 16th or 17th of April. I'd suggest we have a wee get together on a Sunday afternoon but they're out for me for the foreseeable future.

Wul
24th March 2004, 11:55 PM
No worries Calum - i'm amazed it's taking so long, edinburgers market seems so fickle at the mo! - but i'm sure you'll get it sold soon. We are moving to a house in Currie - so not really that big a move from Hutchison! But might actually get enough £ for a driveway at the new place! :eek::D

16th/17th is a defo no for me - off to york for a stag weekend then - BTW Seany/ WillieM - what's the buzz on the York central travel inn you stayed at? any good pubs nearby you could recommend?

But if it's the only suitable date for everyone else then goforit!

macblob
25th March 2004, 05:13 AM
date sounds ok for now

weefossy
26th March 2004, 12:05 AM
Calum, at this point the 17th is OK. Not sure about the 16th. Once a definate date / time is arranged, we will make all efforts to join in. Hope the move goes well. Will wave to you over the Forth.

Gismo
26th March 2004, 01:17 AM
If it's on the 16th i might be able to manage, i'm heading down south for the mini2 rocks and radars run on the 17th so this would break the run up nicely :)

Tahra
26th March 2004, 06:54 PM
Theres a lot worse than Kirkcaldy !;) Whereabouts is your new hoose ? Can maybe recommend a pub or two !!

Wul
28th March 2004, 04:58 AM
Calum - sold the flat in 1 day!:eek: There really is no logic to the edinburgh house market at the mo!

As I said before - if the meetis the 16/17th April I will defo NOT be there!:(

Monsta Mo Mini
28th March 2004, 10:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

Theres a lot worse than Kirkcaldy !;) Whereabouts is your new hoose ? Can maybe recommend a pub or two !!

We're just off Victoria Road. Got the Victoria Hotel across the road and Smithy's at the bottom of the street...not that I'll have time to go there!

Monsta Mo Mini
28th March 2004, 10:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Calum - sold the flat in 1 day!:eek: There really is no logic to the edinburgh house market at the mo!

As I said before - if the meetis the 16/17th April I will defo NOT be there!:(

Now I'm getting paranoid! The flat across the development sold this week aswell

Wul
28th March 2004, 11:12 PM
Yeh - can't explain it! the flats around us have been on the espc for a couple of weeks and BANG ours was snapped up in a day! Will keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

Tahra
29th March 2004, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

quote:Originally posted by Tahra

We're just off Victoria Road. Got the Victoria Hotel across the road and Smithy's at the bottom of the street...not that I'll have time to go there!

Glebe Park or thereabouts then ?! Its a nice neck of the woods, I grew up about 2mins away:) and did some of my underage drinking in Smithys....very handy for commuting by train then....the are not the pub, just realised that doesnt quite read right.

KenL
30th March 2004, 05:07 AM
Great news Wul. Must have been the cool mini ootside that swung the sale ;)

sh@z
30th March 2004, 11:15 AM
cant make it, my 21st on 17th april ;)

good luck selling the flat calum, hope it goes asap :)

macblob
15th April 2004, 05:22 PM
Anything happening with this one?

Still up for drinks etc anyone?

dates?, still 17th? lol

Lots of questions , just thought this one needed reserecting as its got drinking involved :D

Monsta Mo Mini
15th April 2004, 08:25 PM
If it's OK with everyone I think I might have to postpone this one for a few weeks. I've kind of got a lot on at the moment.

cheers

Calum

macblob
15th April 2004, 11:28 PM
aye thats understandable Calum, let us know what dates suit u nearer the time :D

Any joy selling the flat yet btw?