PDA

View Full Version : Mini driving Album

Ferengo
3rd August 2008, 07:16 PM
Thought this may be a laugh. Kinda a playlist. Just add your favourite driving track and I'll update the list. Make sure to add why (See below). Maybe we'll all find something new to listen to.

Bon Jovi : Livin' On A Prayer (Reason: Blast this out of your stereo with the windows down in a traffic jam and watch as the people passing you smile. It's an age old classic, break out the spandex :thumbs up:

Mini Playlist:

1. Ferengo's choice: Bon Jovi: Livin' On A Prayer (or) The Hold Steady: Chips Ahoy!
2. N12 JLK's choice: Prodigy: Smack Ma Bi**h Up
3. Smitty's choice: Does It Offend You Yeah?: With A Heavy Heart (I Regret To Inform You)
4. bigcoyote's Choice: Sammy Haggar: I can't drive 55 (Or) The CDB: Stroker Ace
5. Crombers's Choice: U2: It's A Beautiful Day
6. Fairy's Choice: Timo Mass: To Get Down
7. rpn's Choice: Steppenwolf: Born to Be wild (or) Tina Turner: Nutbush City Limit
8. gauldrymini's Choice: Ian Brown: F.E.A.R.
9. illegalhunter' Choice: DJ Tiesto: Traffic
10. Bonnie Scotland's Choice: David Bowie: Always crashing in the same car
11. gers444's Choice: Bachman Turner Overdrive: You aint seen Nothing
12. AndyP's Choice: Amy MacDonald: Poison Prince (or) Lets Start A Band
13. stoney's Choice: Pendulum: Slam (or) Vampire Weekend: Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (or) The Ting Tings: Shut Up and Let Me Go

N12 JLK
3rd August 2008, 07:22 PM
Prodigy= Smack ma Bi**h up, why because she deserves it, just a top tune and it make you put your foot down.

Smitty
3rd August 2008, 07:27 PM
Does It Offend You Yeah? - With A Heavy Heart (I Regret To Inform You)

Just needs to be played loud, when driving fast a doing some heavy moshing half way through the song! :smilewinkgrin:

Probably not one for the older generation on here though ;) :moonie: ;bigwave:

bigcoyote
3rd August 2008, 08:04 PM
Well, I have two songs that are "must plays" when driving on curvy roads

1. I can't drive 55 - by Sammy Haggar
2. Stroker Ace - by The CDB
:thumbs up:

Crombers
4th August 2008, 07:56 AM
U2 - It's Beautiful Day :thumbs up:

Fairy
4th August 2008, 08:54 AM
Timo Mass - To Get Down :p

This tune is on The Italian Job and its played when Charlize is driving her wee mini to meet up with the gang for the first time
It is just an awesome Mini driving tune - have it on full bass and volume pumping outta my Harmon / Kardon Baby!!!!!! :thumbs up:

rpn
4th August 2008, 10:54 AM
Born to be Wild

(Obviously being a bike myself :p)

gauldrymini
4th August 2008, 12:41 PM
F.E.A.R - Ian Brown...a class act and a clever song...:thumbs up:

Andrew

illegalhunter
4th August 2008, 09:26 PM
Tiesto. Traffic

Gismo
4th August 2008, 09:34 PM
I remember Allen, Goldminione did this for one of his runs and gave everyone a copy of the compilation

My choice:-

Always crashing in the same car - David Bowie

D3 JDA
4th August 2008, 10:19 PM
The song i would go for would be -You aint seen Nothing Yet by Bachman Turner Overdrive. An old classic tune.

rpn
4th August 2008, 10:39 PM
Just thought of another one,

Nutbush City Limit.

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2008, 12:44 AM
Almost anything by the amazing Amy MacDonald. But if I really had to chose, I mean if you really bent my arm back, or held a gun to my head, then.... "Poison Prince". Although "Lets Start A Band" is also incredibly haunting.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Edit: Although Poison Prince is more of a driving track. Especially when driving rather, erm... fast. :D

Ferengo
5th August 2008, 12:57 PM
This is quite cool. I'm seeing some classics but some stuff I've never heard of. I will need to take a listen to the other stuff.

After a think about it I'm not sure about Livin' on a prayer now. So many good songs but all the songs I listen to in the car are a bit cheesy :D

Not a bad idea to burn a disc and bring em to a run. I work in a company that makes discs so there's no problem getting em cheap, just need to get the bottle up to go to a run now :blush:

gauldrymini
5th August 2008, 02:21 PM
If you did "burn" a disc I would be interested in a listen when complete:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2008, 10:01 AM
Ferengo, I've edited the first post because Lenore saw what I'd put down and that you'd put both our names against it and she said something along the lines of: "WTF? Don't be putting my name down against that Amy MacDonald sh!t. It's load of cr@p. Puts me to sleep when you're driving and you have it on."

A.:eyes up::laugh:

Ferengo
6th August 2008, 10:12 AM
Ha Ha. That made me laugh :D. No prob's. My wifes the same when it comes to the "Hold Steady", It's so bad now she won't even let me put them on in the car!!!

stoney
6th August 2008, 12:01 PM
well if i am in a fast driving mode i like pendulum- slam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqh9N-Mw5E

but if a bit more relax driving it is Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHl9qRsMzw

or the Ting Tings Shut Up and Let Me Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r23cm7bL9E

ianking
6th August 2008, 12:10 PM
Ferengo, I've edited the first post because Lenore saw what I'd put down and that you'd put both our names against it and she said something along the lines of: "WTF? Don't be putting my name down against that Amy MacDonald sh!t. It's load of cr@p. Puts me to sleep when you're driving and you have it on."

A.:eyes up::laugh:

Said by the woman that has a WET WET WET sticker on her car. :eek::p:eek:

Big Gordy
6th August 2008, 12:55 PM
Old school for me:moonie: Pink Floyd....Comfortably Numb....has to be the extended Pulse version tho:thumbs up:...awesome:thud:

stoney
6th August 2008, 12:59 PM
mmmm i forgot about the old floyd another one for me would be money by pink floyd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hkjkTe5kZE that a relax one again

stoney
6th August 2008, 01:03 PM
Thought this may be a laugh. Kinda a playlist. Just add your favourite driving track and I'll update the list. Make sure to add why (See below). Maybe we'll all find something new to listen to.

Bon Jovi : Livin' On A Prayer (Reason: Blast this out of your stereo with the windows down in a traffic jam and watch as the people passing you smile. It's an age old classic, break out the spandex :thumbs up:

Mini Playlist:

1. Ferengo's choice: Bon Jovi: Livin' On A Prayer (or) The Hold Steady: Chips Ahoy!
2. N12 JLK's choice: Prodigy: Smack Ma Bi**h Up
3. Smitty's choice: Does It Offend You Yeah?: With A Heavy Heart (I Regret To Inform You)
4. bigcoyote's Choice: Sammy Haggar: I can't drive 55 (Or) The CDB: Stroker Ace
5. Crombers's Choice: U2: It's A Beautiful Day
6. Fairy's Choice: Timo Mass: To Get Down
7. rpn's Choice: Steppenwolf: Born to Be wild (or) Tina Turner: Nutbush City Limit
8. gauldrymini's Choice: Ian Brown: F.E.A.R.
9. illegalhunter' Choice: DJ Tiesto: Traffic
10. Bonnie Scotland's Choice: David Bowie: Always crashing in the same car
11. gers444's Choice: Bachman Turner Overdrive: You aint seen Nothing
12. AndyP's Choice: Amy MacDonald: Poison Prince (or) Lets Start A Band
13. stoney's Choice: Pendulum: Slam (or) Vampire Weekend: Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (or) The Ting Tings: Shut Up and Let Me Go

trust me i could prob make up a disk for fast and slow moods not that i have meny slow moods :rolleyes::cool::yes nod:

euan
6th August 2008, 01:28 PM
Driving track - Kasabian - Club Foot

Or, for feelgood, sunny day driving...

Corduroy, - Mini - dedicated to the very same small car. LINK (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=suKc-h1qs9U)

audrey
6th August 2008, 04:39 PM
My favourite is OASIS Rock"N"Roll Star just makes me feel good when i hear it :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2008, 04:46 PM
Said by the woman that has a WET WET WET sticker on her car. :eek::p:eek:

Tell me about it.:eyes up:

A.:frown:

Livi
6th August 2008, 05:05 PM
Another Pendulum - Showdown + Granite :thumbs up:

stella
11th August 2008, 12:17 PM
Ha Ha. That made me laugh :D. No prob's. My wifes the same when it comes to the "Hold Steady", It's so bad now she won't even let me put them on in the car!!!

that because it hurts my ears it's so bad!!:ragin:

anything by muse for me, or blondie Atomic:smilewinkgrin: