PDA

View Full Version : Induction Kits

N12 JLK
3rd August 2008, 11:51 AM
In Modern Mini this month there is a 2 page focus on induction kits, my question is if by fitting one of these kits to your car will that invalidate your warranty and if so they should really print that information in the magazine. Second question for the new R56 S does the JCW air filter come as an option to buy and does it fit directly into the existing box and will it make any difference to the sound and performance.

I will await some welcome responses.
Jason & Lesley.

N12 JLK
3rd August 2008, 08:29 PM
my my its quiet on here today, I was expecting loads of replys;)

Gismo
3rd August 2008, 08:34 PM
my my its quiet on here today, I was expecting loads of replys;)Well, i think this one's been discussed to death :rolleyes:
It goes without saying that yes, your warranty (TLC) is voided by installing an aftermarket part, but, it's doubtful any dealer wouldn't repair a faulty stereo because of it :hand:

No comment on the mag having to state your point ;)

ELFMAN
4th August 2008, 04:01 PM
Re. JCW Filter Kit thingy - This might not be relevant, but Stoney mentioned something about the R53 JCW Box with the flappy gizmo which opens at 4,500rpm in that it won't be activated unless the JCW software tells it to open - no software, no flappy magic. Don't know about the R56 one, whether it's similar - but worth checking anyway. You can maybe fit a better panel filter in the standard box in place of the paper one, which will help it breathe a wee bit better and still maintain the vital cold air feed without doing in the warranty.

I'm not totally convinced by aftermarket induction kits really - some of them make a nice noise, but other than that....? If it's bit of 'attiude' you're after, I'd go for an exhaust system every time, and because you're not touching the 'engine side' of things, your warranty should be fine. There Jason, hope you don't feel so neglected now!

stoney
4th August 2008, 04:41 PM
ok i fitted a piper cross to my old mini and parks still did the tlc fine they just dont replace the air filter i think you would be better off going down the replacment pannal route as its easyer

illegalhunter
5th August 2008, 07:26 PM
Your gonna trade it for the JCW so why worry Jason