PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Bulb Upgrade

Smitty
1st August 2008, 11:23 PM
I think Craig is the man to answer this question, but anyone else can chip in:

What are the best bulbs for upgrading to for my front lights?

Craig
1st August 2008, 11:27 PM
taa dah......! I'm here... ;)

I have the Osram Nightbreaker bulbs installed in my main beam and dipped beam and they make a BIG difference. Not as good as Xenon, but they never will be.. :cool:

It just so happens that Mikey sells them also. :smilewinkgrin:

Smitty
1st August 2008, 11:32 PM
That was damm quick...impressive!! :computer: ;)

Do they make a big difference Craig?

So I would need to buy 2 packs of 2 bulbs - one for dipped and one for full yeah?

Craig
1st August 2008, 11:36 PM
That was damm quick...impressive!! :computer: ;)

Do they make a big difference Craig?

So I would need to buy 2 packs of 2 bulbs - one for dipped and one for full yeah?

Do they make a Big Difference ? - over the std bulb, absolutely Yes. Much whiter and also brighter. :cool:

You only need the 2 sets if you want to upgrade both sets of bulbs. Most people just upgrade the dipped beam as that is what they use 90 % of the time. I just upgraded the main beam as I found bulbs that were very cheap (Mine are H1 for my lights - yours are H7)... :thumbs up:

Edit: Crombers has these bulbs in his 04 Cooper, so you might want to get his opinion also before buying... :-)

Smitty
1st August 2008, 11:38 PM
Excellent, cheers for your help Craig.

I'll drop Mikey a message on Monday and get 1 set ordered up for the dipped beam - i'll hold off for the full set for now.

Craig
1st August 2008, 11:41 PM
Happy to Help Young Man. :thumbs up:

Gismo
1st August 2008, 11:43 PM
I'm sure i upgraded both dipped and main beam in my last cooper, made a noticeable difference

Crombers
2nd August 2008, 11:41 AM
Edit: Crombers has these bulbs in his 04 Cooper, so you might want to get his opinion also before buying... :-)

No brainer IMHO, the difference for the ££ is well worth it. Much much whiter/brighter than standard :yes nod:

Scottie
2nd August 2008, 04:19 PM
well I've got to be honest here I don't actually think they make that much of a massive difference, but I'm getting old and my eye sight might not be what it was in the dark:p:p.

To me they may make the part of the road the headlight lights up a bit brighter but they don't alter the throw of the light and that is where Mini falls down just like most BMW's without xenons are crap IMHO.

Craig
2nd August 2008, 04:28 PM
well I've got to be honest here I don't actually think they make that much of a massive difference, but I'm getting old and my eye sight might not be what it was in the dark:p:p.

To me they may make the part of the road the headlight lights up a bit brighter but they don't alter the throw of the light and that is where Mini falls down just like most BMW's with xenons are crap IMHO.

Your right - your just old.... :moonie:;bigwave::Whistle:

Scottie
2nd August 2008, 04:32 PM
Your right - your just old.... :moonie:;bigwave::Whistle:

you'll reach this age sooner than you think.:hand::hand::smilewinkgrin:

Smitty
3rd August 2008, 12:43 AM
Well i'm nice and young so i'll easily notice the difference :Whistle: :eek: ;)

(Runs and hides before the "oldies" attack!!!)