PDA

View Full Version : Modern Mini

Gismo
31st July 2008, 05:59 AM
Folks, some major changes have taken place at Modern MINI resulting in them making contact with me again.
Basically they are keen to include NMS organised events and any that we attend, the F&M springs to mind.

Here is the contact content:-

"Please let me know when you've got an event coming up (with plenty of notice so we can list this in the events diary)

If it's a biggy then can a club member do a 600 word write-up on the event afterwards and supply 6/7 pics with captions for a main page feature

Club Watch: If you'd like your club to grace this page for a bit of extra free publicity, all I need is someone to provide a profile on how the club started / what events you go to / future ones / members benefits and £cost / contact details / and about five example pics (with captions please oh please!) to represent your club. During the out of season time, we'll be going big with this section"

I appreciate that any reporting after an event may be too much to ask, but, i am prepared to do a write up of the runs with the organisers blessing to include members cars pictures.
But of course, the organiser can do the write up if required :thumbs up:

As a footnote, this in no way replaces anyones wishes to contact Modern MINI direct if they feel their car is worthy of an individual write up.

This is purely from the sites perspective and something i want to pursue to bring NMS into the spot light of the MINI community as a whole.

Any feedback welcomed and any potential organised events that folks want MM to be made aware of let me know and i can supply all the details.

ajamesj
31st July 2008, 10:03 PM
I have plenty of pics from the Scottish Modified show (F&M) will be posting them soon dont know about a write up what will need to be mentioned ?????

Gismo
25th November 2008, 07:20 PM
Just to follow this up, i sent in a wee story and some suitable pictures covering the manky Thrash III run and have received an e-mail thanking me and to advise that they will let me know which issue it will appear in :clap:

I'm not gonna spoil the fun and besides, who knows how many of the pics will feature.

So, to all you run organisers, if you want to feature your run in Modern Mini, do what i did, they can't guarantee that they will include your run, but, if you don't try............

Craig
25th November 2008, 08:10 PM
yeah, I sent them details of the Oxford Run and they featured it a couple of months later. :thumbs up: