PDA

View Full Version : ECU remap

t18tav
30th July 2008, 01:40 AM
Do any of you know were i can get my car remaped on rolling road properly in are end of the britain? Because i really dont wont to drive all the way down to the south of england to get it done. i also dont wont one of these plug in and push button thing eather cos i have heard they are not that good???:confused:

Gismo
30th July 2008, 05:12 AM
Not sure where you can get it done, why do you feel you need a new map??

Some tuners don't remap a car even after installing a reduced pulley.

I know my last Cooper had the stumble and a remap cured it
(you have a Cooper S)

t18tav
30th July 2008, 06:31 AM
Not sure where you can get it done, why do you feel you need a new map??

Some tuners don't remap a car even after installing a reduced pulley.

I know my last Cooper had the stumble and a remap cured it
(you have a Cooper S)

ye i am getting a new head and cam also changing the throttle body so once that is done i wont to get it remaped so it runs to it full potentiel, then after that i am just going to do small things like the intercooler and such like.

Aberdeen Al
30th July 2008, 12:20 PM
You could try MTH through Essential Mini....................Martin Sullivan may be able to help you on contact names & numbers.

If not the MTH then you are looking at 1320 Autos in St Neots or GTT in Dorset both are very long drives.

stephen forrest
30th July 2008, 07:23 PM
hypertec in bonnybridge has a rolling road

Aberdeen Al
30th July 2008, 08:32 PM
hypertec in bonnybridge has a rolling road

They told me they couldn't remap the Mini :frown:

Bazthemod
30th July 2008, 09:11 PM
Very impressed with my Bluefin :smilewinkgrin:

stephen forrest
30th July 2008, 09:17 PM
when was that i will ask him tomorrow because he was wanting to do my car when i was talking to him the other week he is in one of my units

t18tav
30th July 2008, 11:38 PM
Very impressed with my Bluefin :smilewinkgrin:

i have heard they are good but i dont really wont a standard map i wont it set up to the car cheers

t18tav
30th July 2008, 11:39 PM
when was that i will ask him tomorrow because he was wanting to do my car when i was talking to him the other week he is in one of my units

will you let me know what he says?:thumbs up:

Aberdeen Al
31st July 2008, 07:36 AM

Late last year - I called nearly all the tuners / rolling road people in Scotland but due to my car spec they weren't willing to do it......................so I went the MTH route.

V3 NGS
29th August 2008, 08:38 PM
hi I am new to the forum but there is a great place in aberdeen called Wallace Performance they will do any mods you like. They also have a rolling road 2 x power runs and a econony run for £50. there numbers and address's are :

Unit 17 Murcar Commercial Park,
Bridge Of Don,
Aberdeen,
AB23 8JW

Tel: 01224 708444
All the best Nigel

Aberdeen Al
30th August 2008, 04:16 PM
hi I am new to the forum but there is a great place in aberdeen called Wallace Performance they will do any mods you like. They also have a rolling road 2 x power runs and a econony run for £50. there numbers and address's are :

Unit 17 Murcar Commercial Park,
Bridge Of Don,
Aberdeen,
AB23 8JW

Tel: 01224 708444
All the best Nigel

Aye - I've used them for power runs - very good & knowledgeable - when I asked about a re-map they suggested purchasing a new ECU but it was quite expensive.

A guy getting his Evo tuned was very impressed with my exhaust note and the work I've had done over the past couple of years :popcorn: