PDA

View Full Version : Heatwave.

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 03:20 PM
Anyone fed up of this yet?

A wee bit of heat and summer sun is fine, but I'm starting to get a bit tired of sleeping in a bath of sweat all night.:ragin:

Bring on the rain and cooler weather.:thumbs up:

A.:D

C.Noble
28th July 2008, 03:30 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts... MINIs are on at Knockhill again this weekend :D, so that means it is def. gonna P*ss down! :eyes up:

euan
28th July 2008, 03:41 PM
I'm with you Andy, it's about 30 degrees in London today and I'm cooking! At least tomorrow night I'm in an air conditioned hotel!

Livi
28th July 2008, 03:51 PM
I love the weather - its canadian weather!! :cool::thumbs up:

you all know what its like.

"too hot i wish it was cold" then when cold comes "too cold i wish it was hot!" :hand:

Craig
28th July 2008, 03:59 PM
well, I have to say that I am not looking forward to going back to my office tomorrow. I have been off for 4 days and if it is still as warm tomorrow it will be hell....

It has a tin roof and no air-con. 15 people working in it and approx 25 PC's :frown: The other day it hit 85 degrees in the office. Incredibly uncomfortable. I don't know what the law is regarding working conditions but it was really bad the other day. :ragin:

Andy - you only want the rain to bring in the punters...! ;):moonie:

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 04:19 PM
well, I have to say that I am not looking forward to going back to my office tomorrow. I have been off for 4 days and if it is still as warm tomorrow it will be hell....

It has a tin roof and no air-con. 15 people working in it and approx 25 PC's :frown: The other day it hit 85 degrees in the office. Incredibly uncomfortable. I don't know what the law is regarding working conditions but it was really bad the other day. :ragin:

Andy - you only want the rain to bring in the punters...! ;):moonie:

Not true. Punters are coming in anyway with the choice of films we've got on. Dark Knight, Mamma Mia! and Angus, Things & Perfect Snogging all doing well.:D

Of course, a bit of rain never hurt admissions too though.:popcorn:

Scottie
28th July 2008, 04:25 PM
I only wish I was not working and out enjoying the weather.

Andy thought everyone one would be going to the imax to watch black night.:p

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 04:36 PM
I only wish I was not working and out enjoying the weather.

Andy thought everyone one would be going to the imax to watch black night.:p

I think Imax are doing very well with DK. They sold out lots of shows well before it opened and had to put extra shows on.

But there's not many Imax screens in Scotland. I think I'm right in saying there was one in Edinburgh in the complex where the Cineworld is. Closed due to lack of business.:frown: So it's not all rosey in the garden for Imax. Although there's loads more general release films coming out on Imax these days, so who knows, maybe if one opened today in Edinburgh it would have survived.

Smitty
28th July 2008, 04:41 PM
Well I'm enjoying the heat.....it makes a fine change and it's not as if it's going to last that much longer so I can make do with uncomfortable nights!

As for the Dark Knight....all be it, it's a good looking film and I am planning to see it (right after I see WALL-E though :smilewinkgrin:), but am I the only one who thinks its getting the sympathy vote and is far bigger than it would have been?? :Whistle:

Scottie
28th July 2008, 06:40 PM
I think Imax are doing very well with DK. They sold out lots of shows well before it opened and had to put extra shows on.

But there's not many Imax screens in Scotland. I think I'm right in saying there was one in Edinburgh in the complex where the Cineworld is. Closed due to lack of business.:frown: So it's not all rosey in the garden for Imax. Although there's loads more general release films coming out on Imax these days, so who knows, maybe if one opened today in Edinburgh it would have survived.

there is one in Glasgow.;)

Bumble
28th July 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm loving it being all toasty warm outside!

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 06:56 PM
there is one in Glasgow.;)

I know.;)

I keep promising myself a trip to the science centre, but never had the chance so far.

A.

bigcoyote
28th July 2008, 08:06 PM
It's been nice here -- rain about every other day and highs around 105F --- Supposed to get hot by this weekend - up to 110F maybe more....:eek:

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 08:20 PM
It's been nice here -- rain about every other day and highs around 105F --- Supposed to get hot by this weekend - up to 110F maybe more....:eek:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

105F now and it's "supposed to get hot by this weekend."

Different world.

Thing is, I absolutely HATE the UK's hot weather:ragin::ragin::ragin:. Hate it, hate it, hate it! But we both LOVE Florida 100F heat. Love it, love it, love it.:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Go figure.:thud:

illegalhunter
28th July 2008, 09:00 PM
Well Its To Be Heavin It Down Tuesday

sedgie
28th July 2008, 09:11 PM
HMMM wot sun???:confused::confused:....all we have had is harr for the past 5 days:ragin::ragin::ragin::frown:

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 09:18 PM
HMMM wot sun???:confused::confused:....all we have had is harr for the past 5 days:ragin::ragin::ragin::frown:

Cool. My mate that runs the St Andrews New Picture House will be busy then.

A.:thumbs up:

sedgie
28th July 2008, 09:35 PM
Aye bet he raking it in.....all the "kids camps" here aswell:thumbs up:

illegalhunter
28th July 2008, 09:44 PM
Hold it thats not alloud rubbing or nose in it:hand:

N12 JLK
28th July 2008, 09:45 PM
I know.;)

I keep promising myself a trip to the science centre, but never had the chance so far.

A.

You should go, it's a great day out. Save up your pennies before you go:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 09:47 PM
You should go, it's a great day out. Save up your pennies before you go:rolleyes:

Why? Do they sell over-priced popcorn?:popcorn::thud::laugh:

bigcoyote
29th July 2008, 08:50 PM
Hold it thats not alloud rubbing or nose in it:hand:

Nose.....what nose??? Mine burnt off last summer:D

t18tav
29th July 2008, 08:59 PM
you guys are lucky i am working in africa at the moment and it aint droping below 30c not once and that is me on night shift to hot to work during the day.

Gismo
30th July 2008, 05:26 AM
Aye, i've got 35 degrees plus everyday, not comfy at all when your working :ragin:
And Craig, yes, there are laws concerning heat in offices, by law it's meant to be a max 72 degrees (or near enough) check it out :thumbs up:

eddie 44
30th July 2008, 09:07 PM
just back from a very very hot spain...:cool: melting... landed in glasgow to very heavy rain.... lovely great to see grey skys....:p just have to keep the mini in the garage till it fairs up... :p