PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Works Sound Kit

rocker4500
28th July 2008, 02:53 PM
Considering one of these for my cooper :D

Does anyone have one? Whats your thoughts?

Also....is this a notify the insurance jobby? :confused:

Gary

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 03:13 PM
Considering one of these for my cooper :D

Does anyone have one? Whats your thoughts?

Also....is this a notify the insurance jobby? :confused:

Gary

I'm sure there will be folks along with their thoughts on this kit. I've never had one fitted, but to me it seemed like quite a lot of money for not much more power and not much more sound. All IMHO.

And yes, ANY modification should be reported to your insurance company.:hand:

A.:D

ianking
28th July 2008, 03:21 PM
I had this fitted to one of my previous cars. I did notify my insurer (direct line) and it made no difference to the policy. I thought it did make a difference to the noise. It sounded really really good after 4k revs. I do think that it made the car slightly nippier as well. My car was an 05 plate cooper as well.

I would go for it if I were you. Im sure when I had mine done it was on special offer and it was about £600 odd. That was a couple years ago.
Of all the minis I have had that particular car was my favourite, I think due to its sound kit. I would like the car back and it was for sale recently but never had the money to have it as a 2nd car.

Craig
28th July 2008, 03:56 PM
My thoughts are that if you want to stay JCW, then go that way. I had in on Knottie 1 and was one of the first in Scotland with it. It did sound good around 6500rpm but other than that it was rather underwhelming... :frown:

I much prefer the Playmini I have and my K & N induction kit. This would cost approx £350 plus if you want more BHP, get a Bluefins Superchip. Easy to take on and off and available for £299 posted to your house. It comes as a wee gadget that you can put on and off your car. :thumbs up: That would give you a price of approx £650, a GREAT sound, and defo more bhp than the JCW Sound Kit

Just my thoughts and experiences, no doubt there will be someone along soon to disagree... :smilewinkgrin:

ianking
28th July 2008, 04:03 PM
Well if you want to go down the playmini aftermarket route then I will sell you an almost new one if you want. I fitted it on friday but have decided that it is a bit too loud for us and I am going to go back to standard.

Crombers
29th July 2008, 08:37 AM
Well if you want to go down the playmini aftermarket route then I will sell you an almost new one if you want. I fitted it on friday but have decided that it is a bit too loud for us and I am going to go back to standard.

:thud:

Big Gordy
29th July 2008, 09:19 AM
TOO LOUD....:eek::eek:......your kidding:thud:
Even my missus didn't notice any difference when I fitted our playmini:Whistle:
Maybe my mum was right and I'm just going deaf after all those 70's rock concerts:shut up:
Ohh well........each to their own I suppose;bigwave:

Crombers
29th July 2008, 04:42 PM
My thoughts are that if you want to stay JCW, then go that way. I had in on Knottie 1 and was one of the first in Scotland with it. It did sound good around 6500rpm but other than that it was rather underwhelming... :frown:

I much prefer the Playmini I have and my K & N induction kit. This would cost approx £350 plus if you want more BHP, get a Bluefins Superchip. Easy to take on and off and available for £299 posted to your house. It comes as a wee gadget that you can put on and off your car. :thumbs up: That would give you a price of approx £650, a GREAT sound, and defo more bhp than the JCW Sound Kit

Just my thoughts and experiences, no doubt there will be someone along soon to disagree... :smilewinkgrin:

Now that I've had a chance to sleep off Mr Kings reply I'd have to say I agree 100% with Craig. I'd betcha that after a few months you'd be kinda peeved with the lack of spark the JCW Sound Kit offers. If it's a warranty thing then, OK I have some understanding but if your car is over three years old then go aftermarket, you will NOT regret it.

Playmini too loud, I've heard it all now !! JINGS :shut up::eek::rolleyes:

I actually heard this zorst on Sunday as MrK blasted off with Craig in car to let him hear how 'loud' his exhaust was from inside his car & I have to say it sounded ace from where I was standing :yes nod:

rocker4500
30th July 2008, 07:12 PM
According to my insurance it will go up by £150 **** that!!!!

Crombers
31st July 2008, 08:47 AM
According to my insurance it will go up by £150 **** that!!!!

I know everyone's case is different (age :eyes up: / NCD etc) but with the minor mods I've added, Adrian Flux have not increased my premium one iota :thumbs up:

illegalhunter
1st August 2008, 06:43 AM
Go after market, no power more noise from thee JCW . Power & noise in that order.