PDA

View Full Version : Hazy/Dull Paintwork Problems

rocker4500
28th July 2008, 01:19 PM
Ok black being a colour bad enough to keep nice and shinny :D i have some areas of the paint work where its kind of like hazy/dull. I dont really know how to describe it. Especially noticable when the sun shines on it, its like t-cut or polish has been left on the paintwork for a while and taken the shine away or soemthing, its just hazy and dull.
Do any of you know of any good products that could possibly improve/help this?

I have used Autoglym Super Resin Polish, and although this does help, it is still quite noticable.

Gary :thumbs up:

ianking
28th July 2008, 01:25 PM
It is more than likely swirly paint. When black is swirled up it looks kind of grey/white in places as the light is getting stuck in the scratches and swirls.
It will really need fully machine polished in order to get the swirls out.

I do know a man that can do this though. :thumbs up:

rocker4500
28th July 2008, 01:28 PM
I see, how much would you be looking at roughly for a machine polish?

Any ideas?

ianking
28th July 2008, 01:30 PM
Would be better if you could e-mail some pics of the car and some close ups of the worst areas under some strong light.
P.M me for my email address.

rocker4500
28th July 2008, 01:34 PM
Ok cool, cheers :thumbs up: when i get home...and get it back from its MOT, i'll try get some good pictures of it, and get your email and send them off you you.

Cheers :thumbs up:

ianking
28th July 2008, 01:39 PM
I had a look at your gallery pics and its a clean car. Maybe not as much prep work for me as I had imagined. The thing with machining though as it creates alot of wee dusty bits so I usually end up having to clean the door cheks and engine bay etc anyway as I like things to be just right.

Do bear in mind if you wanted me to do it I would need it for a full day.