PDA

View Full Version : Couple of reviews: R222 Wheel Cleaner & Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2008, 01:45 PM
Bought these last week and tried them out over yesterday and today.

The R222 is the UK name for P21S. For legal reasons they've had to change the name for the UK.

I managed to buy the a 500ml refill instead of the bottle with spray head:eyes up:, but the standard chemical resistant spray head fits fine onto the bottle:thumbs up:. This stuff goes on really well. It's quite thin, I guess I was hoping for more of a cream effect than a runny effect, but once sprayed on, I agitated it with an alloy wheel sponge and it foams up nicely.

I left it on the wheels for a good 10 mins, then agitated again and left for a further 5 mins. Then rinsed thoroughly.

Final effect is excellent:cool:. Got rid of the majority of the tar and cr@p deposits that sit in the crevices between the wheel fins.

Much prefer this to the Menzerna alloy wheel cleaner.:moonie:

Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel.

Does exactly what it says on the bottle. Very easy to apply, dries quite quickly and gives the tyre walls a nice glossy look. Not sure how it will last, but others speak highly of it.:D It came with it's own wee applicator sponge too.

A.:D

Gismo
26th July 2008, 05:55 AM
I left it on the wheels for a good 10 mins, then agitated again and left for a further 5 minsApart from 5 minutes, what's the difference between "a good 10 mins" and only 5 mins :Whistle:

Mini Ecosse
26th July 2008, 06:32 AM
At this rate i will need a shed just for car cleaning stuff:argh:.
Is this stuff available on Detailing World?
Mini wheels done with poor boys polish, looks good will wait and see if they clean easily after July Jolly.
Will this cleaner remove crap from behind wheels on my other mota?
Tell me on Sunday;bigwave:
Stephen