PDA

View Full Version : F1 2004

monkimagic
22nd March 2004, 10:08 PM
Well whats it gonna be, another Ferrari white wash? I hope not and I do have confidence in Willaims to challenge and Renault to mix it up a little. :approve:

Monki

http://www.racequeen.org/pic/Copy_of_gal084.jpg

JORDAN HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO OFFER :I

Wul
22nd March 2004, 10:30 PM
Dunno - I quite like the look of what they're offering so far!:p

Monsta Mo Mini
22nd March 2004, 11:15 PM
Wow!...something that actually makes F1 look interesting....for a nanoscecond!

Willie M
23rd March 2004, 05:00 PM
Sorry Monki. I used to be one of the biggest F1 addicts around, never missed a race on TV and went down to Silverstone every year for about 8 years.

I'm afraid in the last 4 years I can't even force myself to watch it. It simply ain't 'racing' anymore :disapprove: Schuey is without doubt a great driver, but given he's got the best machine and that there's a severe lack of talent (besides one or two notables) chasing him, I simply can't get excited about it anymore :(

Give me Touring Cars or WRC these days :cool:

Big Gordy
23rd March 2004, 05:13 PM
I agree with WillieM :approve: only he forgot about the bikes :evil: Wait until the MotoGP's start back up :) Now thats racing........:p:D:approve:

broken_brian
24th March 2004, 12:03 AM
sorry willie need to disagree bout the old tin tops they used to be good when john cleland was racing them but even that went down hill like f1:disapprove:if you want to see some good no holds barred racing go to cowdenbeath to see the stockcars :D 20 or so cars on a 400 meter oval can lead to some interesting racing and its not all bangers and destruction :blackeye:

ps bike racing rocks :D:D

zimbo
24th March 2004, 12:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

I agree with WillieM :approve: only he forgot about the bikes :evil: Wait until the MotoGP's start back up :) Now thats racing........:p:D:approve:

I totally agree.... :D:D:D and the World Superbikes!!! :p

Willie M
24th March 2004, 04:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

sorry willie need to disagree bout the old tin tops they used to be good when john cleland was racing them but even that went down hill like f1:disapprove:if you want to see some good no holds barred racing go to cowdenbeath to see the stockcars :D
John Cleland = 'Hero' :approve: Was fortunate enough to meet the guy a couple of times, really down to earth and a great laugh.

It's been a wee while but I used to frequent Cowdenbeath for the 'Stockies' too. Certainly had some great times there :D

Wul
25th March 2004, 04:54 AM
I'd agree with the WRC too - however havn't manage to catch it this year yet due to ITV getting their hands on it and only showing an hours worth now! Used to like the 1.5hrs wednesday night coverage on C4 so you can fast fwd the ads. Anyone care to comment how good the ITV attempt is?

As for the bikes - F1 and WSB is the bees knees - the british superbikes were great too especially when they came up to Knockhill. Not know though :(

minidriver#1
25th March 2004, 05:01 AM
I'm watching the V8 Touring Car racing on Men and Motors all the time, the Australian Championships.

Its about time some rear wheel action was on TV for a change, much more exciting.

Big Gordy
25th March 2004, 05:12 PM
I hear they have opened a 'Steve Hislop' museam in Hawick (I think :I) Maybe we could organise a run there in the summer if anybody was interested 8) <wait a minute :eek: have I just volunteered to organise a run..........no I don't think anyone noticed phew :I> :p:D:approve: