PDA

View Full Version : What do you think i should do

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 10:23 AM
Hey Hey Hey

I was thinking about taking my two back seats out of my Mini Cooper S :rolleyes:. Wanted to get bucket seats and harnesses etc so though about taking the back two out altogether.

What you think and how easy and good will it look :thumbs up:

Gismo
25th July 2008, 10:31 AM
This is what it looks like with the rear seats removed :eek:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Black%20Cooper%20S/StrippedCar.jpg

You'll need some kind of covering or carpets to tidy up the rear :rolleyes:

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 10:33 AM
:eek: Oh my goodness :eek: Hmmmmm maybe not then :frown:. I was thinking about putting a show cage in it (well i think its a show cage) just like the ones that is a bar that goes across your roof and a bar diagonally across each back window. What youi think. Thats the reason i wanted to take it out but but but then your going to have loads more space. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THAT EXTRA SPACE :eek:

Gismo
25th July 2008, 10:36 AM
Might be worth searching for a GP owner who has installed rear seats they'll have all the bits you need to turn yours into a GP alike rear end oooeeerrr :blush:

Also, my car shows the rear totally stripped, you'll have some carpet there for the rear above where my battery is

Not sure what you mean by show cage

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 10:40 AM
Have you got a pick of a GP inside :confused: I just want to do something completely different to my mini.....make it unique ;)

Ummm its like a roll cage but its not got all the extra bars its just got the bar at the top and the two diagonal bars. So when you look at it from the outside all you see is a digonal bar across the back side windows :yes nod:

Craig
25th July 2008, 10:48 AM
I would go for it Vicki, it will look great. I would say tho, make sure you can put it back to normal fairly easily so that you don't make your car unsellable down the line. :thumbs up:

Gismo
25th July 2008, 10:49 AM
Have you got a pick of a GP inside :confused: I just want to do something completely different to my mini.....make it unique ;)Here's one:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/GPRear.jpg

That would be unique and much cheaper, maybe a request to JC Parts for prices to convert your car, would be cheaper than rear cage i would think :thumbs up:

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 10:50 AM
I would go for it Vicki, it will look great. I would say tho, make sure you can put it back to normal fairly easily so that you don't make your car unsellable down the line. :thumbs up:

Aww thank you :thumbs up: O and yup i will keep the seats and everything i take out so i can put it back to normal :D. Taking seats outb etc wont do anything for when it comes to MOT will it?

Gismo
25th July 2008, 10:52 AM
Aww thank you :thumbs up: O and yup i will keep the seats and everything i take out so i can put it back to normal :D. Taking seats outb etc wont do anything for when it comes to MOT will it?Nope, only if fitted they need seat belts

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 10:53 AM
Here's one:-

That would be unique and much cheaper, maybe a request to JC Parts for prices to convert your car, would be cheaper than rear cage i would think :thumbs up:

Hmmmmm its just the case of what i would do with all the free space as i love my music and have a wee sub and amp in the boot and wanted to make a wee boot layout but would it not look a tad bit silly

Help Help Help :confused: I need ideas :laugh:

Gismo
25th July 2008, 10:56 AM
Well, if you're looking at a custom boot install anyway, then the base can form part of that.
So, seat removal on it's own is ok then simple blend in where the seat belts would be etc.

One thing, remember, you may need access to the stuff under the rear carpet bit, where the puncture repair stuff is and spare wheel if you have one in there

MINI William
25th July 2008, 11:03 AM
I think you should do it,it will look great :thumbs up:

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks guys :thumbs up: I just cant stop mod'n my mini. Its addictive and want to make it TOTALLY unique.....My Own and make it even better for next years fast and mod show :D

Is it easy to take the seats out - not that i would be doing it (my bro will) O and another thing i want to bucket seats for the front and was opting with plain black with white harness, white with black harnesses or white and black??? I thought the white would get too dirty but it would stand out loads :p

Gismo
25th July 2008, 11:11 AM
Hmm, bucket seats for the front, a nice mod etc, but, have you considered the air bags in the current seats??
The belts have pre tensioners etc and may actually void your insurance if you don't advise them etc.

Not trying to sound like a kill joy :Whistle: :computer:

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 11:15 AM
No No i dont think your a kill joy:smilewinkgrin: - i havent mod'd a car like this before and need advice :thumbs up: So what about if i put buckets seats in and leave the standard seat belts in? Would that be ok?

Gismo
25th July 2008, 11:33 AM
No No i dont think your a kill joy:smilewinkgrin: - i havent mod'd a car like this before and need advice :thumbs up: So what about if i put buckets seats in and leave the standard seat belts in? Would that be ok?Probably be best for one of the race guys to answer fully on the seats cause they install bucket seats for their racing.

But...........the pre tensioners are installed into the inside part and the underneath of each front seat, so, you're gonna probably have to change the belts.

Have you checked any dedicated web sites for seat installs for the New MINI, it's not something i've looked into, they may have options.
Of course, there is always the BMW JCW seats at approx £650 each plus VAT :Whistle: look very nice, or even the BMW MINI Reacaro's, check my gallery for a piccie of them installed in my S and my classic :cool:
I bought a pair on eBay for £650 delivered :thumbs up:

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 11:40 AM
Just had a wee nosey and your Mini looks spot on :thumbs up:very nice indeedy.

Well i better get my thinking cap on.......there are a few hurdles now i know all this :laugh:but we shall wait and see :D

L66RRA
25th July 2008, 04:03 PM
I know a lot of people who use harnesses with their bucket seats but keep the standard seatbelts in the car, duno if thats maybe an option?

cooper-chick
25th July 2008, 05:11 PM
I know a lot of people who use harnesses with their bucket seats but keep the standard seatbelts in the car, duno if thats maybe an option?

Yeah i suppose i could keep them in.......less work than stripping it all out etc :D

MiniSnaps
25th July 2008, 07:14 PM
What you need is a rear seat delete kit (http://www.wyvern-mini.com/Rear_Seat_Delete.html) :smilewinkgrin:

illegalhunter
25th July 2008, 09:44 PM
It will leave plenty room fro shopping

Gismo
26th July 2008, 05:49 AM
What you need is a rear seat delete kit (http://www.wyvern-mini.com/Rear_Seat_Delete.html) :smilewinkgrin:Nice one, good find :thumbs up: