PDA

View Full Version : RainX

d00b
14th April 2003, 05:54 PM
Wow I read about his somewhere and I though I'd give it a go. Its good really good even at slowish speed there is no need for the wipers and when you do pu them on all the water is just pushed off in one go, brilliant and I'd reccomend it to you all here in "sunny" Scotland :D

Wul
14th April 2003, 07:47 PM
I 've been a rainX convert for a year now - excellent stuff for the MINI's "blunt" windscreen design - helps the "deed flies" wash off easier in the summer too and the back window is easier to clean too!

GAJ
15th April 2003, 04:18 AM
Got to agree - a sceptical me is a true convert!

Willie M
15th April 2003, 03:46 PM
Hmmmm... sounds interesting. Must give this stuff a try :)

Wul
15th April 2003, 04:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Hmmmm... sounds interesting. Must give this stuff a try :)

Willie - try getting it at Costco or their Falkirk equivalent - they usually either have larger bottles for a better price or twin packs etc.

If you buy it from halfords a 200ml bottle costs £5.99!:eek: Although they now do their own version for the same price but a 250ml bottle.
But i've not tried their own brnad to comment.

It works well on the mirrors and side windows too and when first applied polishes the windows up very well indeed.:approve:

KenL
15th April 2003, 06:47 PM
Tesco sell Rain-X for £4.99 :)

I use it too and think it's pretty good. It's hardly rained here for months though which suits me and the golf course.

johnlewis99
16th April 2003, 04:17 AM
Though I haven't tried it yet, some of the folks in my area use Rain X on their MINI's wheels..says it really helps with the brake dust(dust comes right off)