PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed from Mini Lovers

princesscriminal
23rd July 2008, 10:28 PM
Hi Everyone

Hope this post finds you all well. I'm in the process of pulling together the spec for my new mini. It's a company car, so I need to ensure that it's economical (well kind of) - don't want to be dipping into my own pocket when I travel for work.

For the past 3 years I have a red n white MC which I absolutely adore - in fact I'll be very sad to see my old friend leave my side. Such is life!!

So, here's where my dilemma comes in:

Laser blue with black roof - what do you think of the combination?
Chili Pack - views?
Leather punch carbon black seats
Piano black interior with chrome line interior - views? Anybody got any pics of this interior
Aerodynamic bodykit??? - would like this I think but went to Grassicks on Sat but they couldn't let me see one in the flesh - views on this?
Mirror Caps in chrome
Panoramic Sunroof - any pitfalls
White indicators

Couple of other questions - can I get an i-pod interface on the Cooper?
Can I get the Fuel Cap Retrofit?

You guys are so knowledgeable and I really hope that you can help me find my new best mate.

Love

J :yes nod:

zimbo
23rd July 2008, 10:51 PM
Hi there, well this might not help you too much, I recently got a Cooper diesel and it has turned out to be brilliant as far as fuel economy goes, plus road tax is cheap as chips. My car only has the front aerokit bumper and I think it looks great, am toying with the idea of getting the side skirts but they are very expensive as far as I am concerned.

Yes go for the clear indicators they look so much better than the orange ones. Make sure you also go for the xenon headlamps coz they are SO much better than the standard ones, I know they are expensive but are worth every penny :thumbs up:

Sorry if I hav'nt helped you much. Good luck with your decision.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2008, 11:09 PM
Howdy,

What you're describing is almost identical to our blue MINI.

here's our gallery thread. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14210)

Obviously, we love the colour combination, or we wouldn't have gone for it.

We also have piano black trim with chrome line interior. That also looks the muts nuts.

A.:thumbs up:

ianking
24th July 2008, 08:33 AM
You wont get laser blue if its a cooper that you are going for. Laser blue is only for the S.

L66RRA
24th July 2008, 08:51 PM
You wont get laser blue if its a cooper that you are going for. Laser blue is only for the S.

Was just about to say I thought that myself!
Think it's one of the nicest colour combinations u can get, the R56s look amazing Aero kitted! I've got a panoramic roof and no bad comments, love it! :smilewinkgrin:

Laineee
27th July 2008, 09:15 PM
Couple of other questions - can I get an i-pod interface on the Cooper?

Yes, you have two options. You can get the basic bluetooth with USB, which will let you plug the iPod in directly to the stereo. However, I'm not sure whether this allows you to control the iPod via the stereo, or whether you still need to control via the iPod.

The other option is the full bluetooth with USB, where you also get the multi-function steering wheel, and you can completely control the iPod via this.

The only point to note is that for both options, you will need a cable from BMW which will cost an extra £40 - standard USB cables will not work, and from my experience, dealers are not aware of this.

Laineee

AeroJonny
27th July 2008, 09:36 PM
have you looked at lightning blue? douglas park had a showroom car in that colour with full jcw aerokit a while back and it looked great.

As for the aerodynamic badykit, if it's the factory one you're thinking about, I think it looks pretty rubbish and not all that different to the standard bodywork. Go for the JCW aerokit, I personally wouldn't have a mini without it.

Chili pack's a bit of a must. I believe craig wasn't all that happy with the levels of wear and tear with his punch leather though.

Piano black interior with chromeline looks fantastic, especially at night. I'll go take a pic when it's dark if I'm still up.

chrome mirror caps look nice on some cars (mainly dark metallic colours). It really just depends on the look you're after.

Panoramic sunroof's great, but I always end up shutting it on the motorway as it's a bit loud and the a/c's cooler anyway.

Go for tinted windows, heated mirrors and washer jets will come in handy in winter too. I've had many journeys where the washer jets haven't thawed by the time I've reached my destination.

gauldrymini
28th July 2008, 12:36 PM
Go with the white indicators...as it does look a bit "sportier" (should have got this on my Cooper:argh:)

What about speccing just the Pepper pack on the Cooper? It will free up cash for other goodies (MINI HI FI:yes nod:)??

Use the aux port on the car...you can use your i pod it just will not charge the damn i pod thing:argh: Think newministuff has leads for sale?

Andrew

princesscriminal
31st July 2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks to everyone for their advice and suggestions - really appreciate all your help :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

You're the best :thumbs up: