PDA

View Full Version : hello

stella
17th July 2008, 07:33 PM
hi,

i am a relative newbie here. i joined a while ago but was too shy to "speak".
after a nice man in a lovely purple mini left a flyer (for the website) on our car tonight i thought i'd come & say hello!

i have a september 2007 mini cooper. i love it. ;bigwave:

Bumble
17th July 2008, 07:49 PM
:welcome: and a big Bumble ;bigwave:

Gismo
17th July 2008, 08:42 PM
:welcome: i wonder who the flyer poster was :rolleyes:
Hope you enjoy the site, get on some meets and see the eejits in person :thumbs up:

Forbes
17th July 2008, 08:43 PM
Welcome. Get some pics up!

Craig
17th July 2008, 09:01 PM
:welcome:

hope to see you on a run soon. :thumbs up:

Burple
17th July 2008, 09:54 PM
Bonjour! :thumbs up::D
Welcome aboard..

That was me! Seen the car around a couple of times, but paths have never crossed for a flash or a wave before :D
Hope you didn't think I was following you, I was nipping to Spasda for some dinner!

Well done for missing that Seagull by the way... Unfortunately I got it :confused::frown:
That was pretty unpleasant I have to say! At least I figure that if it was sitting in the middle of the raod like that, someone had already hit it and it was injured.. I just hope I put it out of it's misery!

Hey BS.. the new flyers work! :cool::thumbs up:

N12 JLK
17th July 2008, 10:42 PM
Hello there, Im still waiting for my pet seagull Sebastian to come home have you seen him:frown::laugh:

Colin
17th July 2008, 11:40 PM
:welcome: no need to be shy here, we're a friendly bunch.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Crombers
18th July 2008, 08:41 AM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2008, 09:35 AM
Well done for missing that Seagull by the way... Unfortunately I got it :confused::frown:
That was pretty unpleasant I have to say! At least I figure that if it was sitting in the middle of the raod like that, someone had already hit it and it was injured.. I just hope I put it out of it's misery!

:welcome: Stella!

Does Burple's incident remind anyone of the scene from Local Hero:

Oldsen: "Why don't we kill it, hit it with something hard...."

Mac: "You've already done that with a two tonne automobile!"

Sorry for going :off topic:

Livi
18th July 2008, 11:08 AM

David.

Mini Ecosse
18th July 2008, 12:41 PM
Stephen & Allyson

Ferengo
18th July 2008, 03:14 PM
Hi All. I'm the other half of Stella. Just joined yesterday.

Cheers for the flyer Burple, was nice of ya. Shame about the seagull though. It was the look on your face that said it all. I felt the same when I hit the Rabbit in my Cooper. Your mini looks very cool. Pointed it out to the wife when we stopped at the lights, that's when she waved.

If anyone can suggest anything to look at here then feel free as I'm just finding my way around.

Thanx, Ferengo. :thumbs up:

Forbes
18th July 2008, 03:26 PM
Well if it's things to do to your car look in the gallery, if you want to put faces to names look at the meets coming up, off topic if you aren't intrested in seeing mini stuff

Burple
18th July 2008, 03:32 PM
Hi All. I'm the other half of Stella. Just joined yesterday.

Cheers for the flyer Burple, was nice of ya. Shame about the seagull though. It was the look on your face that said it all. I felt the same when I hit the Rabbit in my Cooper. Your mini looks very cool. Pointed it out to the wife when we stopped at the lights, that's when she waved.

If anyone can suggest anything to look at here then feel free as I'm just finding my way around.

Thanx, Ferengo. :thumbs up:

Everything!!! :D:D:thumbs up:
(and of course check out the gallery threads!)

It wasn't so much the hitting it.. it was feeling both wheels crunching over it :frown: That's the biggest thing I've ever hit in the car! I utterly twatted a Swallow a couple of years back.. but that was a fluke! :laugh: Nah I don't mean that I felt bad for weeks about that!

good effort to swerve out of the way.. I (and the poor burdie) never had a chance! ah well.. one less $h!t monster loose in the skies!

Glad she waved.. There's not many around these parts that do.. Had to give you a flyer for that! lol :D

Wish I'd cleaned the car earlier this week now! ha ha

Duncan Stewart
18th July 2008, 05:08 PM
Hi and Welcome :D

stella
18th July 2008, 06:30 PM
well i'm glad we said hello & we hope to come to some meets & stuff.
thanks burple for the flyer- sorry about the seagull, said to husband would have put it out it's misery if we hit it :(

stoney
18th July 2008, 06:40 PM
welcome to the mad house will see your better 1/2 on the ps3