PDA

View Full Version : Guess what i was in today .......

MINI William
13th July 2008, 09:03 PM
we were in the new JCW car really nice ,nice brakes nice exhaust and suited white very well :smilewinkgrin::D.we just went up to the garage to have a wee look at cars and they had one :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
13th July 2008, 09:18 PM
What dealer?

weefossy
13th July 2008, 10:19 PM
William, was it Vardy's. I thought they weren't showing it anywhere in UK until after the Motor Show?

Crombers
13th July 2008, 10:25 PM
Any pics yet ?

MINI William
14th July 2008, 09:12 AM
it was phoneix.the car wasent on show it was tucked away round the back so no one could see it but since im special :laugh: we got to see it.only because we (mum and dad) have been dealing with people there for around 18 - 20yrs.there are pics on my phone that im going to try and get up tonight.

Craig
14th July 2008, 04:52 PM
it was phoneix.the car wasent on show it was tucked away round the back so no one could see it but since im special :laugh: we got to see it.only because we (mum and dad) have been dealing with people there for around 18 - 20yrs.there are pics on my phone that im going to try and get up tonight.

less of this TRY nonsense... just pull yer finger oot o special one and get it done...! :yes nod::moonie:

N12 JLK
14th July 2008, 05:20 PM
Yes, what Craig said. Get it sorted!:hand::cool::thumbs up:

Scottie
14th July 2008, 08:43 PM
pictures.??

I remember when I thought I was a special customer of a local dealer until they banned me.:Whistle::Whistle:

weefossy
14th July 2008, 09:18 PM
Had a we seat in one today (RED / Black) with the engine on....what a great sound, better than our old Works. Exhaust sounds just like a "playmini". Can't wait to have a test drive. Really want one, but it's expensive and haven't convinced Mom yet.:nag:

AndyP & Lenore
14th July 2008, 09:20 PM
Had a we seat in one today with the engine on....what a great sound, better than our old Works. Exhaust sounds just like a "playmini". Can't wait to have a test drive. Really want one, but it's expensive and haven't convinced Mom yet.:nag:

Where was that Malcolm?

A.

MINI William
14th July 2008, 09:32 PM
I would imagine that the vast majority of MINI dealers would have one and would let you see it if you asked

weefossy
14th July 2008, 09:41 PM
PV in Edinburgh

MINI William
14th July 2008, 09:41 PM
ive just found out that my mum has packed away my phone box so i cant get the picys onto the comp to post them up :argh:

illegalhunter
14th July 2008, 11:21 PM
less of this TRY nonsense... just pull yer finger oot o special one and get it done...! :yes nod::moonie:
Well said Craig , no pics in this thread am i missing somthing :D

Crombers
14th July 2008, 11:46 PM
ive just found out that my mum has packed away my phone box so i cant get the picys onto the comp to post them up :argh:

Whit !!:thud:

MiniSnaps
15th July 2008, 12:01 AM
There's a red one hiding amongst the new deliveries at Douglas Park in Hamilton and very nice it looked too :D

aid
15th July 2008, 11:20 AM
might just have to make an excuse to pop down to DP then!!!!

mmmmmhhhh which fault can i make up that they have to look at ahahaha

Neil and Lorna
15th July 2008, 10:30 PM
We did see and sit in this car at the Geneva Motor Show back in March and were quite impressed then.

More impressed today after having a wee drive. :D:D:D:D.

Neil and Lorna.:D

N12 JLK
16th July 2008, 08:58 PM
Spill it Neil. What was it like.

Saw one in the flesh today, wheels are loverly!!:thumbs up::thumbs up: it was black, would like to see a Chilli Red one.

Craig
16th July 2008, 09:09 PM
Really Jason ? I think I saw the same one and for £24.5K and what is being called the top of the range, I was distinctly underwhelmed. MarkyC was very much of the same opinion. :frown:

The car didn't seem to have the wow factor you want to see from the JCW car and it didn't look wildly different from the std car apart from obviously the aero kit and new wheels and jcw brakes. :yawn::thud:

It might be all about the drive, but the look of the car just left me feeling, well normal, didn't do anything for me.. :blush:

I did like the change to the exhaust over the JCW one fitted to AndyP & Lenore's car. :thumbs up:

Scottie
16th July 2008, 10:15 PM
Oh REALLY mr Craigd and what dealer exactly did you see this said car in.?????????????????????????????:argh::argh::argh: :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

I'd like to drool or not as the case maybe over one but I wouldn't be buying one. Other than a status symbol a JCW is a complete waste of time for me as I don't drive in the manner to justify one a Dooper is just fine on my daily drive.

Neil and Lorna
16th July 2008, 10:27 PM
Spill it Neil. What was it like.

Saw one in the flesh today, wheels are loverly!!:thumbs up::thumbs up: it was black, would like to see a Chilli Red one.

Jason.

Didn't get much of a chance to put it through its paces properly as it had only done 6 miles and I have respect for what will eventually be somebody else's property. We were the first to drive it on the roads, and had the salesman with us.

All I can say at the moment is I liked the drive.
The exhaust note was superb, the new JCW brakes just look amazing.
The gear box taken from the Mini Challenge car was smooth and precise with a far less throw on the stick from our R53.

PV in Edinburgh have a Chilli red/black one.

Neil.:D

The Dogfather
16th July 2008, 10:38 PM
Cooper MINI have one in this weekend so I'll be popping along to have a butchers :D

Craig
16th July 2008, 10:50 PM
Oh REALLY mr Craigd and what dealer exactly did you see this said car in.?????????????????????????????:argh::argh::argh: :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

yeah, but there was nobody in the showroom, so we sneeked in and had a quick look and back out before anyone noticed. :thumbs up:

KenL
17th July 2008, 10:04 AM
Didn't get much of a chance to put it through its paces properly as it had only done 6 miles and I have respect for what will eventually be somebody else's property.

Big respect to you for that Neil.

I hate it when people brag about ragging demo cars and even rental cars :hand:

Might have a wee snoop round PV in the next few days :thumbs up:

weefossy
17th July 2008, 04:41 PM
I haven't had a drive yet but would totally agree with your commenets Neil that the exhaust sound is magic and the brakes look the business. Overall I think it has a subtle look, hopefully a "wolf in sheeps clothing"
Have you put your order in?

Neil and Lorna
18th July 2008, 09:46 AM
I haven't had a drive yet but would totally agree with your commenets Neil that the exhaust sound is magic and the brakes look the business. Overall I think it has a subtle look, hopefully a "wolf in sheeps clothing"
Have you put your order in?

Not yet Malcolm.

Neil.

N12 JLK
18th July 2008, 05:18 PM
Not yet Malcolm.

Neil.

Go on just get one Lorna will just have to do with on less Prada bag per year:yes nod:

weefossy
19th July 2008, 10:28 PM
Red and Black demo at PV was sold this morning at 11.30am. not to me i may add.

KenL
20th July 2008, 04:50 PM
I had a peer through the window at PV at the works car after closing time yesterday.

Liked the wheels but prefer some other offerings like the pace wheels and the other optional JCW wheels.

Not keen on the body kit. Can you order it without the kit, maybe just with the skirts which I like?

Also surprised it did not come with the carbon fibre spoiler, that would look good.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2008, 11:31 PM
Red and Black demo at PV was sold this morning at 11.30am. not to me i may add.

Was in PV today Guppa. JCW is still for sale, so it's either a new one they have or the sale fell through.

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2008, 11:35 PM
So, had a good look round the new JCW today.

First impressions - like Craig, we were underimpressed.:frown:

It's "just" an R56. To be honest, that's how we really felt about it. Nothing new, nothing startling, and nothing spectacular, which you would think you would get after waiting 18 months for the factory car.

The exhaust looks like they got to within 2" of the end and decided not to bother with the rest - and where's the JCW logo on the tips?

The rest of the car was stock R56, in a lovely Chilli red and balck roof.

But those wheels.... oh, those wheels....... oh, ohhh. I just messed my pants thinking of them.:blush:

Sorry folks, need to head off and clean this mess up.:blush::blush:

<<<<<Calls David at JC's for a price.:thumbs up:

jayex
24th July 2008, 12:01 AM
So, had a good look round the new JCW today.

First impressions - like Craig, we were underimpressed.:frown:

It's "just" an R56. To be honest, that's how we really felt about it. Nothing new, nothing startling, and nothing spectacular, which you would think you would get after waiting 18 months for the factory car.

The exhaust looks like they got to within 2" of the end and decided not to bother with the rest - and where's the JCW logo on the tips?

The rest of the car was stock R56, in a lovely Chilli red and balck roof.

But those wheels.... oh, those wheels....... oh, ohhh. I just messed my pants thinking of them.:blush:

<<<<<Calls David at JC's for a price.:thumbs up:

Agree about them wheels - very cool :cool: was in PV on Monday so had a wee look :smilewinkgrin: thought the interior was quite... erm well .. from what i saw it wasnt as flash as i had expected... mind you still wouldnt say no to one and i suppose it depends how you speck it :thumbs up: think it looks fab in the chilli Red and love them big JCW brakes :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
24th July 2008, 12:05 AM
Agree about them wheels - very cool :cool: was in PV on Monday so had a wee look :smilewinkgrin: thought the interior was quite... erm well .. from what i saw it wasnt as flash as i had expected... mind you still wouldnt say no to one and i suppose it depends how you speck it :thumbs up: think it looks fab in the chilli Red and love them big JCW brakes :cool:

I agree totally with that Julie. Those brakes were very nice I must admit. And they sure fill the hub.

A.:thumbs up:

MINI William
24th July 2008, 12:17 PM

So thts once at F+M on MY car and now a second time :eyes up:.Got a wee problen there have we ????:laugh::laugh: