PDA

View Full Version : any budding gardners out there

stoney
12th July 2008, 12:37 PM
ok i have some weed that keep coming back and get worse and worse i have tryed path clear but dosent realy make a diffrence :argh:

FergusM
12th July 2008, 07:36 PM
Get one that attack the roots of the weeds....usualy "round up" is what I use. Just spray on leaves and leave it for a bit.

Smitty
12th July 2008, 07:39 PM
Round-Up with a pump action sprayer does the job - that's what we use on the lock blocks at home, Dad's always making me do the hard graft!

The weeds do come back, but you just have to keep on spraying away every few weekends!

Crombers
12th July 2008, 09:49 PM
Sodium Chloride Weedkiller (available from most High St hardware stores) nukes em :thumbs up:

Gismo
13th July 2008, 11:41 AM
If you wanna kill everything, then use anti freeze ;) not the washer bottle stuff, but the engine variety, you might have to hose the area after a day or so to get rid of the colour :thumbs up:

MrMischief
13th July 2008, 08:21 PM
Or just a wee pile of sodium chloride (table salt) it's cheaper than the weedkiller :D

I normally use plenty ferrous sulphate - tends to make them grow like mad for a day or two, then they turn brown & they're gone for a year or so. The grass'll take off too - and not turn brown :thumbs up:

Scottie
13th July 2008, 08:45 PM
How many weeds are we talking about.?? I take it they are in between your paving, that you have used path clear.?? You get those gaz burner torche things for weeds, we have used then to great effect no more weeds.

The Dogfather
13th July 2008, 10:03 PM
The weedkiller isn't sodium choride its Sodium Chlorate NaClO3.
Its a strong oxidising agent.

Crombers
13th July 2008, 10:22 PM

Yeah , yeah , whatever ya smartass :thumbs up:

Gordons_cooper_wrks
13th July 2008, 10:57 PM
only use sodium c if ur not wanting to gro anything there for atleast 6 months. Other wise use round up. Its bio degradable so wont fuk the soil. Dont buy any of the fast acting stuff like resolva 24hr or bayer 3 hour. They kill the top growth very quickly but dont do much to the roots. U can buy most of that stuff in b and q or if ur stuck try sandyholm.

Still waitin in a price for ur graphicsbtw. i will chase it up again.

MrMischief
13th July 2008, 11:07 PM

That's true - I was pulling his leg about NaCl but if you stick a pile of salt next to or on a plant, generally it'll die ;)

Livi
15th July 2008, 04:00 PM
dont do this unless it true!!

but was there not a thing where you use diesel to kill weeds?

The Dogfather
15th July 2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah , yeah , whatever ya smartass :thumbs up:

Another year older, and still grumpy :p

Diesel does work but you might find yourself in trouble if it gets into the drains when it runs off in rain.

MINI William
15th July 2008, 04:27 PM
I use a big gas gun (tar gas gun) gets rid of them and if ur easaly amused like me its fun :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
15th July 2008, 04:39 PM
You could always get rid of them Clarkson style.... blow them up with dynamite.:eek::laugh::laugh:

A.:D

Big Gordy
16th July 2008, 08:46 AM
dont do this unless it true!!

but was there not a thing where you use diesel to kill weeds?

A tad expensive way of getting rid of weeds at todays diesel prices:eek::thud:

Livi
16th July 2008, 09:34 AM
Aye but then, how much is Red Diesel? :laugh: