PDA

View Full Version : Gutted...

gauldrymini
11th July 2008, 09:49 PM
Noticed this morning that some tea leaf (scum):ragin:, had half inched 3 of my Union Jack valve caps...I know they are not mega expensive but it's the thought of some ersehole being so near and pinching things off our car!!!:ragin:

So I am on the look out for a Reliant Robin in the Tayside area with MY VALVE CAPS...:thud:

Andrew

Scottie
11th July 2008, 09:52 PM
shocking.:ragin: I got my antenna topper (Shiela) nicked a few weeks back :ragin::ragin:

Smitty
11th July 2008, 11:47 PM
Pricks...if you ever catch them, I think they'll need more than a strong talking too! :argh:

I've just order some fancy Mini logoed valve caps - they lock with an allan key so hopefully that'll deter them a little bit!!

AndyP & Lenore
12th July 2008, 12:48 AM
Hanging's too good for them:ragin:

We had some really nice looking "S" ones that Auntie Fi gave us. Stolen within a month or so.

Smitty, I'd watch out for the allen key locking type ones. I've heard they can rust on and the only way to remove is tyre removal.:argh:

A.

Sheilz
12th July 2008, 01:44 AM
I got my saltire locking ones nicked by wee laddies for their bikes. So much for putting the wee tea-leafs off.
I thought my locked on bee sting aerial was thief proof till last weekend when Nik without any effort unscrewed it while supervising me giving specy his bath :frown:. Course he found it highly amusing that he could have nicked it and I wouldn't have noticed.Consolation is that if these things do go awol they're not hugely expensive to replace, a damned nuisance more than anything.

illegalhunter
12th July 2008, 07:35 AM
Makes you want to kill , dont it

Livi
12th July 2008, 09:40 AM
I hate them, thats all i can say.

When i had the polo at the time i parked down town so go to the christmas panto with the other half and her family and the stole my bee-sting aerial, now, it was a screw off one and they absolutly ripped half my roof to get the thing, i didn't mind if they took it, it was only £5 but to rip it off?!? :ragin:

just shows you how much people get away with things these days, still blame the government for it though :rolleyes:

Smitty
12th July 2008, 10:15 AM
Smitty, I'd watch out for the allen key locking type ones. I've heard they can rust on and the only way to remove is tyre removal.:argh:

Got them on my mum's car, and other than the logo fading after a year or so they are still going strong - no rust and not been nicked either!

Craig
12th July 2008, 10:54 AM
I think if we find them, they should get a kick in the wedding veg...!! :ragin::ragin:

zimbo
12th July 2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe we should the cards around on these scum and nick the valve caps off their bicycles etc assuming they look like car valve caps... What do you think? :thumbs up:

Gismo
13th July 2008, 11:33 AM
Put on black plastic ones for overnight and then when on runs etc use your good ones

MrMischief
13th July 2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe we should the cards around on these scum and nick the valve caps off their bicycles etc assuming they look like car valve caps... What do you think? :thumbs up:

Nah, I say nick the wheels off their bikes. Prob cost the same as fancy valve caps.

I had cool MR2 Roadster ones when I had the '2 - lasted one week :ragin:

Then the GT4 came with uber rare Rays valve caps & they disappeared in 2 weeks :argh:

Also lost the wee Saltire off the S's aerial a couple of weeks ago - and I doubt it blew off at speed.

Thats the problem with parking in Dundee these days :frown:

Crombers
13th July 2008, 10:20 PM
Put on black plastic ones for overnight and then when on runs etc use your good ones

Yup, what that man says :thumbs up: