PDA

View Full Version : It's about time...

adam_cheney
20th March 2004, 12:47 AM
...I finally introduced myself. I'm Adam (you may be able to guess this from my login) and I own the BRG Cooper that is probably mostly seen around Edinburgh with bikes on the roof.

Bazthemod
20th March 2004, 01:01 AM
Hello welcome to the madness Adam!!

Monsta Mo Mini
20th March 2004, 01:24 AM
More Edinburgers are always welcome. With all there newbies I really must get an Edinbirgh Social evening organised.....GAJ!?

What part of town are in? There's a cluster of us at the top end of Leith.

adam_cheney
20th March 2004, 01:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

More Edinburgers are always welcome. With all there newbies I really must get an Edinbirgh Social evening organised.....GAJ!?

What part of town are in? There's a cluster of us at the top end of Leith.

Aye, another Leither. I live in the colonies just off Lochend Road.

Bazthemod
20th March 2004, 01:59 AM
Isnt that double posting Monsta? :eek::D;)

Gismo
20th March 2004, 02:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod
Isnt that double posting Monsta? :eek::D;)BS to the rescue, oops, another post :eek: better say, Welcome Adam ;)

macblob
20th March 2004, 03:08 AM
Welcome to NMS

MMmmm Drinking in edinburgh, i could be presuaded :D

Monsta Mo Mini
20th March 2004, 05:00 AM
quote:

Aye, another Leither. I live in the colonies just off Lochend Road.

Jolly good - a night out down in the fair Port (of Leith) beckons methinks.
Parking's a nightmare in that way isn't it?

Vosh
20th March 2004, 08:32 PM
Welcome along Adam. Can't say I've noticed a Mini with bikes on it in Edinburgh. Thought I was the only one!

Willie M
21st March 2004, 02:27 AM
Welcome to NMS Adam :cool:

Linda M
21st March 2004, 11:53 PM
Welcome to NMS :)

Duncan Stewart
22nd March 2004, 06:01 AM
Welcome Adam. How do you get on with the bikes on the roof. I thought about getting the roof bars & bike carrier but was put off by having to drill holes in the roof - does this mean they have to stay on all the time?

mr.b
22nd March 2004, 07:43 PM
welcome adam from deep here in gotham - just over the water from you.

enjoy the madness.

B.

Wul
22nd March 2004, 10:35 PM
Parking his car in leith i'm sure the bikes don't stay on the roof for long! :p;)

Hooray - another Auld Reekieite to the fray - welcome adam!

adam_cheney
25th March 2004, 03:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Welcome Adam. How do you get on with the bikes on the roof. I thought about getting the roof bars & bike carrier but was put off by having to drill holes in the roof - does this mean they have to stay on all the time?

Hey Duncan,

It's not a great system, to be honest. Yes, they drill holes through the roof - go to a really good dealer to do it, and not the one on Seafield Road. You can take the bars off - each foot is held in place by two bolts, and they provide four natty plastic covers for them when the bars aren't on (people keep asking me - 'Are they some sort of air vent?').

One the plus side, they're very stable and strong. If you're carful when taking them off and putting the covers on you can avoid scratches on the roof (which I've failed to do). If you order Thule racks for the bikes, you'll need a special fitting bolt, which I understand is now a BMW part.

Overall, though, the MINI plus bars acts as a great bike transport!

Vosh
25th March 2004, 05:49 AM
Did consider doing this, but the roof drilling put me off. Just use a rear Thule bike rack and its been fine. Marked the paint to begin with (my own fault, duh!, got it buffed out) now just wrap towels round all contact points, back and forth to Glentress (Peebles) all the time and its great. :)