PDA

View Full Version : 5th Arbroath Seafront Spectacular

shoppie
4th July 2008, 10:24 PM
Can't believe it's year five already:D

Saturday 26th July 2008 11am - 5ish

Free entry for NMS. All cars on display on the park.

Attractions this year include...

Wing Walking Flying Display
Classic Car Clubs
Harley Davidson Motor Cycle Club
Armed Forces Displays
Russ Swift Precision Stunt Driving
The Extreme GlobeRiders
Helicopter Pleasure Flights
Quality Food & Licenced Refreshments
It's a Knockout Team Challenge
Alstarz Dance Company
Spitfire flypast
Special appearance by Dennis the Menace
Knights of Monymusk Medieval Display

1) shoppie (with 1275GT Clubman)
2) ajamesj
3) David -JC Parts (maybe)

ny152
5th July 2008, 06:39 PM
Add me please.
Good day out :)

Craig
5th July 2008, 06:43 PM
might make this, need to check the diary once I get back from hols. ;)

Gismo
5th July 2008, 07:55 PM
Add me please.
Good day out :)This still needs someone to actually make it an event

N12 JLK
6th July 2008, 10:16 AM
cant make it, we have the July Jolly the day after and it will be to expensive to got 2 days out. Sorry

zimbo
6th July 2008, 06:04 PM
Well I wont be making it this year coz I will be in london seeing the Motor Show :thumbs up: :Whistle:

Duncan Stewart
6th July 2008, 06:44 PM
Really sorry that we can't make it this year :frown:
Always a fantastic show :cool:

Gismo
6th July 2008, 07:34 PM
I can't make it either :frown:

c16per
7th July 2008, 12:54 AM
hi, ive got about a dozen of sm so far, we are meeting up at focus at 930am and leaving at 10 to drive thought the town to end up at park about 1015/20, if any nms want to meet up just say???

ajamesj
7th July 2008, 09:28 PM
Put us down for this I thought we already had a thread started for it. Off the 2 weeks before it with the Scottish modified show in between lol.

Andy and Lianne

Burple
9th July 2008, 09:36 AM
Aww, bugger!
Just realised I'm not gonna be able to make this one now!
Will be in London at the Motorshow that weekend!!! Arg!!!! :ragin::argh:

monkimagic
12th July 2008, 11:20 PM
I am going but taking the bike.

Big Gordy
21st July 2008, 11:56 AM
Ross and I might be up for this:thumbs up:
We're certainly well down on numbers this year compaired to previous years:eek:
Anybody else from the central belt thinking of going..?

c16per
22nd July 2008, 08:02 AM
hi boys, iam looking after the classic minis, we are all meeting up at focus at 930am leaving at 10am fora small run though the town and end up at the park, if any nms want to join us ur very wellcome, not sure where we are parking up (at park) but u can park up beside us ( bring ur banner), think there is some people caming on saturday night, and a possible run on sunday (think back up to abredeen))on sunday

charles

Livi
22nd July 2008, 02:23 PM
I might see about taking the Parts Clubvan up

put me down as a maybe the now :thumbs up:

Craig
22nd July 2008, 06:39 PM
sorry, can't make this as I have something else already planned for Sat. :blush:

Bumble
22nd July 2008, 08:19 PM
Not going ... big night out the night before and I know that driving the next day would be silly :thumbs up:

shoppie
22nd July 2008, 10:06 PM
Ross and I might be up for this:thumbs up:
We're certainly well down on numbers this year compaired to previous years:eek:
Anybody else from the central belt thinking of going..?

Only 2 deffo's and 3 maybe's so far:eek:

Hardly worth a club stand I think.

Best bet for those who are are coming is to tag on with the classics.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2008, 11:10 PM
Shoppie, I'd agree it's not worth a club stand this year. I know there's a lack of folk saying they'll be going this year, but to be honest, I don't think anyone was sure it was happening again this year. Had a wee look back at the other threads, and you normally post up about the Seafront Spectacular 6 or 8 months before the event. This year it was 3 weeks.:eek: Looks like most folks have made other plans by then.:Whistle:

If it's going ahead next year, get a post up with a tentative date ASAP and we'll sticky it to keep it in the forefront of folks mind for the rest of the year.

It's a real shame it's not been better supported this year. Best of luck on the day Shoppie, I know how much organisation goes into these events, and I hope it all goes well for you.:blush:

A.:D

ny152
23rd July 2008, 12:52 AM
Yep, think I'll just drive up late morning and park with the public now. Hope the weather keeps good for it!!

Maxxed Ross
23rd July 2008, 02:15 PM
Looks like myself and father have been roped into clearing out the garage (it needs it!) so that's us out :ragin:

pete
24th July 2008, 06:08 PM
Shoppie, I'd agree it's not worth a club stand this year. I know there's a lack of folk saying they'll be going this year, but to be honest, I don't think anyone was sure it was happening again this year. Had a wee look back at the other threads, and you normally post up about the Seafront Spectacular 6 or 8 months before the event. This year it was 3 weeks.:eek: Looks like most folks have made other plans by then.:Whistle:

If it's going ahead next year, get a post up with a tentative date ASAP and we'll sticky it to keep it in the forefront of folks mind for the rest of the year.

It's a real shame it's not been better supported this year. Best of luck on the day Shoppie, I know how much organisation goes into these events, and I hope it all goes well for you.:blush:

You are more than welcome to join us on the BMW Car Club stand (Now the club has an official BMW Mini Register):thumbs up:
10 am at the milk bar resturant

c16per
24th July 2008, 07:27 PM
hi, sorry dont understand " whats the milk bar resturant" i live in arbroath and never heard that one?

Mark R
24th July 2008, 11:08 PM
Was planning on going to this again, taking the wife's car this time. Anyone heading up to meet up with the Classics from Edinburgh area?

c16per
25th July 2008, 06:54 AM
hi, your more than welcome, we would be happy to help all nms, anybody thats going and pitch up beside us, focus is on the left just as u come into arbroath from dundee (dual caragieway - a92), u cannt miss it, its beside mcdonalds, if its more of a help i think k17sty has got a run going from ur area, they are meeting up at queens ferry at 8 am, iam not sure so it would be better to pm k17sty

charles

Livi
25th July 2008, 10:16 AM
Mark i could meet you in Dundee at the Ice Rink for going up :thumbs up:

Livi
25th July 2008, 03:16 PM
Been called into work to cover due to someone being off :ragin:

apologies!!

pete
25th July 2008, 07:45 PM
hi, sorry dont understand " whats the milk bar resturant" i live in arbroath and never heard that one?

Meadowbank Inn

monkimagic
25th July 2008, 11:07 PM
This is a shocking turn out!

AndyP & Lenore
26th July 2008, 12:25 AM

This is a shocking turn out!

It's a disappointing turn out. But not in the least shocking. For all the reasons I've already mentioned above.

A.

Gismo
26th July 2008, 05:42 AM
This is a shocking turn out!Why ? are you going :Whistle:

c16per
26th July 2008, 07:21 AM
shoppie, did put the event up in a 2008 events thread on 18th December 2007, 09:39 PM ?

just think it was over looked, nobodys foalt

Gismo
26th July 2008, 07:32 AM
shoppie, did put the event up in a 2008 events thread on 18th December 2007, 09:39 PM ?

just think it was over looked, nobodys faultYou got a link to that thread?

Edit: Ok, searched for it myself and that thread is here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13326)
I'd hardly expect that to be the starting of an actual event whereby folks can add their names for :hand: and actually remember it
As you've suggested, it's nobody's fault, however, in the past Howard has created this event and the lack of response to join it stems from that, besides, there are many other runs that were created this year.

I'm sure if folks want to go they can join the various other MINI/mini communities that will be attending.

Perhaps next year someone other than Howard can organise the event from NMS :idea:

N12 JLK
26th July 2008, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately 2 runs in one weekend is too much for me in cost of fuel etc, I have been to the run before which I enjoyed and missed the June jolly which is now the July jolly as I was on holiday last year. I will be there in spirit just like Obi wan, I will be the one floating about in a brown cloak;)

monkimagic
27th July 2008, 01:06 AM
Why ? are you going :Whistle:

I wuz there but not in a Mini

shoppie
30th August 2008, 01:40 AM
You got a link to that thread?

Edit: Ok, searched for it myself and that thread is here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13326)
I'd hardly expect that to be the starting of an actual event whereby folks can add their names for :hand: and actually remember it
As you've suggested, it's nobody's fault, however, in the past Howard has created this event and the lack of response to join it stems from that, besides, there are many other runs that were created this year.

I'm sure if folks want to go they can join the various other MINI/mini communities that will be attending.

Perhaps next year someone other than Howard can organise the event from NMS :idea:

I assumed from the original thread started by Foxy Mini that a sort of events calendar was in the offing and came forward with the date in December.

I know I have always started and maintained a thread for the event, but as I dont have a Mini now I dont visit the site so often. I remember prior to last years show I was guilty of not adding names quick enough.
I'll put my hand up and say I was late in starting the thread purely down to the sheer amount of work that takes place in organising a show like the Spectacular.
It might be better if like Bonnie Scotland suggests, someone from NMS takes on this task.

The show itself was one of the best yet (we are told):blush: and saw 12-15000 people attend. The Wing Walking flying displays were scuppered by a bit of sea fog which cleared later in the day to allow the Spitfire to display. Russ Swift made his own fog with his Evo disappearing from view in a cloud of tyre smoke at the end of his slots. The Extreme Globeriders were astounding in my opinion.

Thanks to those of you who made it up.

Anyway next years date is Sat 25th July and yes! you are invited:p