stoney
4th July 2008, 02:02 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm nice

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2008, 02:15 PM
Bet it goes like sh*t off a shovel too.:thumbs up:

FergusM
4th July 2008, 02:24 PM
OOO...now that is lovely. Can I get a go ???

...well thought it was worth asking.... :)

Smitty
4th July 2008, 02:53 PM
So that's why your selling the TV.....to fund the petrol bills for that thing!

What a car, and beautiful colour. Just keep it clean!!:hand::hand:

FergusM
4th July 2008, 03:21 PM
And...what gear box you get in it ? The manual or the new DSG style one ??

ianking
4th July 2008, 03:23 PM
Yum Yum.

Can you post a video so we can here the noise it makes.

You should really let me detail it though. It would look much much darker after a machine polish.

Gismo
4th July 2008, 03:38 PM
And...what gear box you get in it ? The manual or the new DSG style one ??Full manual, i hate the SMG type box

Yum Yum.

You should really let me detail it though. It would look much much darker after a machine polish.You know i might just let you do that as a freebie :rolleyes: :thumbs up:

ianking
4th July 2008, 03:40 PM
to be honest I would love to detail that beast so drop it round wi a crate o bud in the boot and bobs your uncle.

Gismo
4th July 2008, 03:46 PM
to be honest I would love to detail that beast so drop it round wi a crate o bud in the boot and bobs your uncle.All joking aside Ian, i will contact you sometime in the future for you to do your stuff to it :thumbs up:
Gotta get it proper manky first :eek: :laugh:

sedgie
4th July 2008, 04:49 PM
Very very nice:thumbs up::thumbs up:.....would hate the fuel bill thou:Whistle:

Craig
4th July 2008, 05:35 PM
it's just missing an nms sticker... :thumbs up:

Very Nice Alan - bet it sounds :cool: :cool:

The Dogfather
4th July 2008, 05:47 PM
Nice car mate, but you knew that :D

zimbo
4th July 2008, 06:03 PM
Very VERY :cool: Alan... When can I come for a ride in the BEAST then???? :eek:

Colin
4th July 2008, 08:47 PM
Very nice motta Alan :D

Forbes
4th July 2008, 09:31 PM
I want...

gauldrymini
4th July 2008, 09:55 PM
Lovely car, a good choice, heard it's more eco friendly than a Toyota Prius:D

Andrew

RyanK
4th July 2008, 11:02 PM
Very Nice min, love the look of the new M3's? Did I see you cruising up Union street tonight?

N12 JLK
5th July 2008, 08:49 AM
It's clean:rolleyes:

Gismo
5th July 2008, 08:53 AM
Very Nice min, love the look of the new M3's? Did I see you cruising up Union street tonight?No me, i was down the Boully :D nah, wasn't anywhere near Aberdeen

ianking
5th July 2008, 09:00 AM
Was that the same black M3 that was in the Aberdeen showroom about 4 months ago?

Gismo
5th July 2008, 09:03 AM
Was that the same black M3 that was in the Aberdeen showroom about 4 months ago?Not sure, it was the Dundee branch demo car driven by the technical director, registered 1st March

ianking
5th July 2008, 09:09 AM
Prob not that car then.

Which is prop good news as the car that was in the showroom at Aberdeen was an approved used but it looked like it had been washed with brillo pads and the garage had made some kind of effort to correct it with a big compounding head and made buffer trails all over the shop. Would have needed 2 full days to correct the mess. There were discussions about said car on detailing world as folk couldnt beleive the state of the dealer prep.

Gismo
5th July 2008, 09:10 AM
Prob not that car then.

Which is prop good news as the car that was in the showroom at Aberdeen was an approved used but it looked like it had been washed with brillo pads and the garage had made some kind of effort to correct it with a big compounding head and made buffer trails all over the shop. Would have needed 2 full days to correct the mess. There were discussions about said car on detailing world as folk couldnt beleive the state of the dealer prep.Whew :eek: looking at the paint there are a few swirls etc but, nowt as bad as you mention

RyanK
5th July 2008, 12:43 PM
Prob not that car then.

Which is prop good news as the car that was in the showroom at Aberdeen was an approved used but it looked like it had been washed with brillo pads and the garage had made some kind of effort to correct it with a big compounding head and made buffer trails all over the shop. Would have needed 2 full days to correct the mess. There were discussions about said car on detailing world as folk couldnt beleive the state of the dealer prep.

was owned by a footballer supposedly...says something eh :rolleyes:

illegalhunter
5th July 2008, 06:23 PM
Wow that looks good enough to eat

Scottie
6th July 2008, 01:10 PM
what is it:confused:

Gismo
6th July 2008, 01:56 PM
what is it:confused:An 08 M3 :rolleyes:

Scottie
6th July 2008, 05:15 PM
An 08 M3 :rolleyes:

right I thought I read some where you were getting a new 1'er coupe:blush:

Gismo
6th July 2008, 09:47 PM
It would appear that the Beemer will be in the shiny club :eek: Me Julie and I polished the car tonight :ragin:
Any tips on whether you should polish a carbon fibre roof or not :confused:

ianking
6th July 2008, 09:52 PM
I would only wax the roof unless you are using very mild polish such as auto glym super resin or megs NXT.

What did you use to polish the car with? Did you wax afterwards?

Gismo
6th July 2008, 09:58 PM
Oops :blush:
It wasn't polish, it was Megs Gold Class liquid clear wax

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/BMW%20M3%202008/JulzM3.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/BMW%20M3%202008/PolishedSide.jpg

It was getting dark
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/BMW%20M3%202008/Reflection.jpg

ianking
6th July 2008, 10:04 PM
you could put that stuff on the roof.

You want to get some dressing for the tyres and plastic arch inners and that would finish it off nice.

Gismo
6th July 2008, 10:06 PM
you could put that stuff on the roof.

You want to get some dressing for the tyres and plastic arch inners and that would finish it off nice.And you wonder why i HATE cleaning cars :argh: :moonie:

Craig
6th July 2008, 10:36 PM
ya show off barsteward... carbon fibre roof... :moonie:

as for waxing - never knew you had it in you... :thumbs up::yes nod:

Gismo
6th July 2008, 11:08 PM
as for waxing - never knew you had it in you... :thumbs up::yes nod:Well, i thought it was polish, if Ian hadn't asked me the name of it i'd have been blissfully unaware :Whistle:
So now, i need a decent polish recommendation, something cheap :thumbs up:

john
6th July 2008, 11:17 PM
Who told you it had a carbon roof? ;bigwave:

Gismo
6th July 2008, 11:24 PM
Who told you it had a carbon roof? ;bigwave:Either that or it's got loads of swirls after i washed it with the gritty sponge :Whistle:

ianking
7th July 2008, 08:39 AM
Fi
The new shape M3 coupe has a carbon roof.

Mon Fi, up to speed dear, I thought you knew all this car spec info.

Craig
7th July 2008, 09:13 AM
Well, i thought it was polish, if Ian hadn't asked me the name of it i'd have been blissfully unaware :Whistle:
So now, i need a decent polish recommendation, something cheap :thumbs up:

I have always used Autoglym Super Resin Polish, always done a great job for me and on most of the detailing sites it gets a good name.:thumbs up: As Ian will tell you, you will never get as good a finish as a polishing machine, but it is perfect for hand polishing.

and it is not too expensive for you ya tight wad... :moonie::thumbs up:

Gismo
7th July 2008, 09:22 AM
I have always used Autoglym Super Resin PolishDo you have a link to that, or, can it be bought in Halfords?
Also, should I, well, i mean Me Julie :Whistle: use the Meguiars Wax after the polish

Craig
7th July 2008, 09:26 AM
yeah, you can buy it off the shelf in halfrauds. :thumbs up:

also I don't see any problem with putting on that wax after polishing. :cool: Jings, never thought I would be giving cleaing advice to the king of mank. :eek::Whistle:;)

Gismo
7th July 2008, 09:33 AM
also I don't see any problem with putting on that wax after polishing. :cool: Jings, never thought I would be giving cleaing advice to the king of mank. :eek::Whistle:;)GIUY, all this info is for Me Julie :moonie:
Besides, i don't see any need to get the Autoglym stuff until the Meguiars stuff runs out as i don't believe that the wax isn't as good as the polish :shut up:

ianking
7th July 2008, 09:38 AM
yeah the Super resin will be fine by hand. It will hide some very fine swirls.

I dont rate the megs gold class wax. It doesnt last that long and its a bit hard to remove. you could cheat even more and go to hell frauds and buy the NEW revised megs NXT 2.0 tech wax. About £15 and it is a polymer polish with fillers and it has wax built in so you only have to do it in 1 stage. Im sure that would suit you fine Alan would it not. It works very well on black cars. The stuff also comes with an applicator pad. All you need is a micro fiber cloth to remove it with.

Gismo
7th July 2008, 10:10 AM
The stuff also comes with an applicator pad. All you need is a micro fiber cloth to remove it with.I got all them fancy things :thumbs up:
Will go with your recommendation :thumbs up:

ianking
7th July 2008, 10:30 AM
thought you might like the idea of tech wax 2.0 as its like a 2 in 1 so will save you time.
Wont get as good a finish as spending 2 hours with seperate products but with this you can prob do a 3 series in 25 mins.

Scottie
7th July 2008, 12:06 PM
BS you shock me,:eek: I thought you were the type of person that bought best products available to make the best possible job and not buy cheap.

Now I can give you a list of what would be better to use on your car.:Whistle::Whistle:

ianking
7th July 2008, 12:16 PM
I could draw up a very extensive and expensive list if he wished but I dont think that is what Alan is after though.

Gismo
7th July 2008, 12:36 PM
I could draw up a very extensive and expensive list if he wished but I dont think that is what Alan is after though.Give me a list of the least amount of products i would need :rolleyes:
I already have Meguiars shampoo and the wax :Whistle:
Remember, this aint for me, but i'm keen for Julie to make the car look very good when we clean it ;)

ianking
7th July 2008, 01:06 PM
If its stuff easily available from the shops then simply a bottle of mequirs hot rim tyre shine for the tyre walls and to spray up the plastic arch linners.
I would also invest in some auto glym glass polish for the inside and outside of all the glass.

Perhaps some universal all purpose cleaner to wipe over the internal plastics.

This should keep you ticking over until you get me to do a full correction detail on it. :thumbs up:

Gismo
7th July 2008, 01:09 PM
This should keep you ticking over until you get me to do a full correction detail on it. :thumbs up:Yeah yeah :D i have some Meguiars glass cleaner that cleans all the glass on my cars and bike

ianking
7th July 2008, 01:29 PM
The megs class cleaner will do fine then.

Gismo
7th July 2008, 02:02 PM
The megs class cleaner will do fine then.Excellent :thumbs up: Julie's will be pleased that she only has to buy the tyre stuff ;)

Scottie
7th July 2008, 02:46 PM
Perhaps some universal all purpose cleaner to wipe over the internal plastics.

:

as long as it's not product that will leave the dash with a shiny look.

Scottie
7th July 2008, 02:49 PM
Excellent :thumbs up: Julie's will be pleased that she only has to buy the tyre stuff ;)

why don't you book the car in with Polished Bliss and get a proper good correction detail done on the car. Might cost a few bob, but still. Get them to give Julie the required easy to use top up products for afterwards.

These guys book for a few months in advance (at times) but they are in Aberdeen and will give the M3 better paintwork than what it came out the factory with.

For that kinda car it would be worth it imho.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
7th July 2008, 02:51 PM
Also, should I, well, i mean Me Julie :Whistle: use the Meguiars Wax after the polish

Remember, this aint for me, but i'm keen for Julie to make the car look very good when we clean it ;)

Excellent :thumbs up: Julie's will be pleased that she only has to buy the tyre stuff ;)

Remind me.....

Who's car is this?:eyes up:

A.:laugh:

Gismo
7th July 2008, 03:15 PM
Remind me.....

Who's car is this?:eyes up:

A.:laugh:It's Julie's, she's the registered keeper :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
7th July 2008, 03:19 PM
It's Julie's, she's the registered keeper :thumbs up:

Ah well. That's fine then. If it's her car, she can do all the hard work for it.:thumbs up:

While you're inside playing COD4.:laugh::laugh:

A.:D

ianking
7th July 2008, 10:05 PM
Fi

I think polished bliss are booked up until Dec now. They will prob take about £4-500 for the work. The boys there are in my opinion though the best in the UK.

Gismo
7th July 2008, 10:07 PM
They will prob take about £4-500 for the work:eek: that's a good holiday

Craig
7th July 2008, 10:11 PM
:eek: that's a good holiday

yes but a very small fraction of the cost of your car, or for that matter, the cost of having paint problems sorted. :eyes up:

then again - clean cars aren't worth more money than manky ones in your eyes... :rolleyes::thud:

Scottie
7th July 2008, 10:14 PM
:eek: that's a good holiday

yes but you will have an M3 with paintwork that is excellent and very easy for Julie to keep looking top dollar as long as you follow a few simple cleaning steps.

I would have thought that's what you would want and lets face £400/£500 is a not much more than one of your computer console or one of your many cadgets.:Whistle:

Gismo
7th July 2008, 10:15 PM
yes but a very small fraction of the cost of your car, or for that matter, the cost of having paint problems sorted. :eyes up:

then again - clean cars aren't worth more money than manky ones in your eyes... :rolleyes::thud:Certainly not any more than when i trade in, besides, get off the site and enjoy your holiday :nag:

johnboy
7th July 2008, 10:34 PM
will that be you joining the big boys at bmw scotland then:frown:

Crombers
7th July 2008, 10:39 PM
Nice car chief :thumbs up:

Post a couple of pics in a few months time when it's 'all boggin' :D

Mon the mank ;)

Sheilz
7th July 2008, 11:02 PM
It's clean:rolleyes:

canna be his then:hand::laugh:

Sheilz
7th July 2008, 11:05 PM
what is it:confused:

LOL just what I wanted to ask but didna dare :frown: Its a real beauty:thumbs up:

weefossy
10th July 2008, 08:18 PM
BS, just caught up with this thread, been busy. :thud:
:moonie: you are off the Xmas card list, I am so jealous

and finally having read 4 pages of how to polish the thing, can I have some adjectives / superlatives / fanticies on how it drives / handles / sounds and what the power is like, as it's a car not a piece of furniture:argh:
lol

Gismo
10th July 2008, 09:13 PM
and finally having read 4 pages of how to polish the thing, can I have some adjectives / superlatives / fanticies on how it drives / handles / sounds and what the power is like, as it's a car not a piece of furniture:argh:
lolJust as soon as Me Julie lets me have the keys :nag:
Suffice to say, 13mpg is the best i've had :Whistle:

euan
11th July 2008, 08:58 AM
Broken in then is it?:D 13MPG is scary!

FergusM
11th July 2008, 06:39 PM
Well a mate had a RX8.... 12-18 mpg...and that was driving it carefully. And it only had 190 bhp so shocking.

....plus not mention the fact it used to eat oil also !

...so makes the 400bhp M3 seem quite frugal considering the power it produces.

euan
11th July 2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, my brother has an RX8 and tries to convince everyone it's a practical car...Not that convincing!

mini saltire
3rd September 2008, 07:31 PM
First time I've seen the car Alan. One word sums up my reaction: holycrapthatisabsolutleystunningiwantonerightnowwh ycantiaffordacarlikethat??