PDA

View Full Version : Aaaarrrgghh little Shi*ts

ianking
4th July 2008, 08:29 AM
That is now every car I have ever owned since moving to my flat 3 years ago damaged out at the parking area. (Oh 130 has not been damaged yet so fingers crossed it stays OK)

Came out this morning and decided to use the white mini as it had sat a couple of days. Drivers side is parked against the footpath and there is a nice big dent on the A-Panel. The bug%er has even rupped the car after to confirm to them selves that they did dent it.

I rekon it was one of the kids from along the other end of the street with their bike. I have seen said childrens getting very close to other cars with their bikes.

I am wondering if the kids said to the parents that they hit the car by accident, parent comes along, rubs car and says oh yes you have, its no bad though just leave it and dont say a thing. There are 3 houses along our street with young kids at them and every one of the houses has old filthy knackered cars that you wouldnt even notice a dent on.

Do I go to everyone of their doors and see if they own up? Last time it happened to both me and my neighbours Civic and we both went to the police but the police were not interested.

Off now to make another call to the dent fixers guys. I should have them on speed dial.

FergusM
4th July 2008, 08:44 AM
That is a pain...I would hate that to happen to me. Time to start saving for a house with a drive...and preferrably a garage or two.

If they did not admitt when they did it I doubt they will when you confront them.

ianking
4th July 2008, 09:00 AM
Another coulpe years yet before we will be moving unfortunately but yeah next time def want at least a driveway if not a garage as well.

Gismo
4th July 2008, 09:08 AM
Another story of where the offenders will not likely be caught, the police's lack of interest is borne out of frustration knowing that they can't do anything unless the wee blighters admit their crime or someone actually saw them doing it

illegalhunter
4th July 2008, 09:28 AM
This is why we should bring back the noose.

GAJ
4th July 2008, 09:42 AM
This is why we should bring back the noose.
Really? Weren't you saying earlier in the week that things were only illegal if you were caught. I'll leave it to you to extrapolate...

Crombers
4th July 2008, 09:50 AM
I'll leave it to you to extrapolate...

ex........ what!!, too early in the morning to cope with that one :rolleyes:

Nae luck Ian, nowt you can do about it now unfortunately.
Trust you'll have your MINI back in tip top in no time & hopefully said culprits with leave your cars alone in future.

The Dogfather
4th July 2008, 10:03 AM
I'd go for the burning bag of dog poo on the doorstep trick, either that or an air rifle at their windows.

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2008, 10:07 AM
Really sorry to hear that Ian.:ragin:

It's so frustrating, 'cos there's so little you can do to prevent it - other than move. And if you're happy where you are, why should you move.:ragin::ragin:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.:ragin:

A.:ragin:

Craig
4th July 2008, 10:08 AM
Not good news Ian, but it's just the way things are these days. A complete lack of respect for other peoples property. :ragin::ragin:

Maybe time to install a wee CCTV camera to record what goes on outside? very cheap to buy and install. They now do wireless ones... :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Smitty
4th July 2008, 10:13 AM
That's horrible new Ian. I wouldn't say all kids, but certainly a large percentage, just have no respect for other people's property nowadays.:ragin:

But if I were you I would go knocking on the doors....whats the worst that could happen if you do? You may even get a panicked parent or child who will own up!!

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2008, 10:21 AM
Smitty, that's true enough. Or, it may be that all the parents deny everything to hell and back ("My son would never do such a thing") etc. But once you've gone they pull their son aside and give him a good talking to (read: kicking).

If it stops any future damage the "chat" has done the job.

A.:thumbs up:

ianking
4th July 2008, 03:24 PM
Going to get it looked at in half an hour. Fingers crossed the man can fix it.

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2008, 03:46 PM
Going to get it looked at in half an hour. Fingers crossed the man can fix it.

Good luck.:thumbs up:

stoney
4th July 2008, 04:17 PM
sorry to here that ian wee buggers

Colin
4th July 2008, 08:48 PM
Bummer dude :ragin:. Hope you get it sorted out.

ianking
5th July 2008, 08:59 AM
SMART repair man cant do it as its too big. Looks like a new A-Panel is needed plus painting.
Might try that breaker UK earch and see if they can find me a white one.

Also going to take the panel off and see if I can beat it back into shape. Will make for good practice for beating the little sh*ts with their bikes back into shape.

MINI William
5th July 2008, 10:26 AM
not so good Ian:argh: hope you find who done it

Craig
5th July 2008, 12:42 PM
thats a bummer Ian... on the up side, lucky it wasn't your 130... :frown:

MrMischief
6th July 2008, 02:48 PM
If they've rubbed it then there'll be fingerprints - incriminating evidence.

Doubt the Police would go that far for a panel but it's still criminal damage :argh:

Some parents have no control & couldn't care less, even seem to enjoy seeing their kids getting away with things. :ragin::ragin::ragin:

Good luck getting it sorted.
Steve

Duncan Stewart
6th July 2008, 07:04 PM
Really sorry to hear that Ian :frown:
Hope you get it fixed OK