PDA

View Full Version : Best Bodywork Shop?

Vosh
19th March 2004, 10:25 PM
After finding a dent and chip on the front wing of my Mini (cue much swearing and people staring) wondered where the best place in Edinburgh would be to go? Or am I just better going back to Eastern for a quote?

GAJ
19th March 2004, 11:37 PM
Eastern use a bodyshop in Loanhead called Easter Western. Dunedin use a bodyshop in Wallyford which is part of the John Martin group. I got quotes from them both a wee while ago and EW were a wee bit dearer. I went to Wallyford and they did a pretty good job.

ascender
6th April 2004, 07:21 PM
MRM Coachworks have always been excellent for me - usually cheaper than BMW's own bodyshops and just as good. In fact, most of the garages in Edinburgh use them if their own shops are too busy.

They have places at Roseburn, just along from Murrayfield and one at Seafield.

Highly recommended.

broken_brian
6th April 2004, 10:13 PM
just a word of warning i would never use any of the john martin group bodyshops after the crap quality of repairs that they done to the front of my car after my next door neighbour decided to park his carlton into the front of my car. it went back twice and it still wasnt done right and never got it fixed right after that due to them saying whats wrong with that so gave up in the end.

Craig
7th April 2004, 02:19 AM
If it is just a small dent and chip, contact Dent Wizard (which also incorporates Flying Colours who do the painting). They will sort small dents etc for very little money and the results I have had have been excellent. A small dent and a few scratches on my dad's passat was only £80 to have fixed.