PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

KAH
19th March 2004, 07:52 PM
its that time of year for me again.

Does anybody know anybody good for us Mini drivers

I've already been quoted 454 from Elephant wich aint too bad!

Julz
19th March 2004, 09:54 PM
I'm with Adrian Flux and at £900 fully comp for everything on me car, parked on the street, I guess it ain't bad!!

duncan
19th March 2004, 10:32 PM
Mine went DOWN, shock horror, with MINI.
£233.10 for the year!

Burple
19th March 2004, 11:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by KAH

its that time of year for me again.

Does anybody know anybody good for us Mini drivers

I've already been quoted 454 from Elephant wich aint too bad!

Remember that with Elephant you have to pay it all in one big lump tho... no paying up in instalments!!
If you want to pay it up monthly, try Admiral...
Same Company as Elephant, maybe a coupl of quid dearer, and their website is easy to use. I got mine for £366 though them...:D:D

Mini Martyn
19th March 2004, 11:15 PM
But your older Ewan??!!! :D

Burple
19th March 2004, 11:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Oi!!:blackeye:

Sassin Frassin Rassin....
"Mature" is a better word for it....:approve:

Bwah hah hah hah hah!!
<twirls cape and vanishes> ;)

broken_brian
20th March 2004, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Oi!!:blackeye:

Sassin Frassin Rassin....
"Mature" is a better word for it....:approve:

Bwah hah hah hah hah!!
<twirls cape and vanishes> ;)

aye right mature that has to be the best joke on here ewan pull the other one :p:p:D

KenL
20th March 2004, 05:45 AM
There was a big discussion on MINI2 about some insurance companies (might have been Elephant & a few others) who have a scam going on where they charge a premium for the extras on your car but in the event of it being written off will only pay for a BASIC (i.e. no optional extras) car to replace it.

I'd urge anyone taking out a policy to checkout you are not going with one of these companies.

Wul
20th March 2004, 05:48 AM
I went with priviledge after much phoning round - they are also part of the RBoS group and companies like elephant and co usually can't match them - they also covered me specifically for my chilli pack.

clark
21st March 2004, 03:43 AM
Ive just arranged my insurance for my new mini with tesco. They seemed to be the best by far. c.

monkimagic
21st March 2004, 04:56 AM
I use the AA, seemed to be the best each time I renewed.

Monki

euan
22nd March 2004, 10:50 PM
Esure were miles cheaper for me, both when I had the S and the cooper.

mr.b
23rd March 2004, 01:16 AM
i am with admiral at the mo and my renewal quote is £411 which was £300+ cheaper than anyone else...even tesco who i thought were very competative.

Vosh
23rd March 2004, 06:38 AM
Yeah Elephant are a rip off in IMO. They told me they would charge me more for the optional extras but should the worst happen, I won't be covered for them. They are 'modifications' to the original spec apparently. I argued that I may as well just insure the car for the base value. 'Thats and option' I was told. 'So you will charge me to cover the value of my car but not payout that value if something happens,' I asked just to make sure I was understanding them. 'Yes,' I was told. Hung up after that.

I went through AXA. £560. Bearing in mind I've not had car insurance for 10 years, no No Claims and parking on the street. Thought that was pretty good.

Heather
23rd March 2004, 07:09 AM
esure have been good for me in the past. they quoted me with the extra add ons. Mines is 310 which is not bad for the centre of glasgow and no garage!

Gismo
25th March 2004, 07:59 AM
Try Hill House Hammond, i'm getting a great deal on my slightly modded motor, get them on 01382 221521