what do you guys think?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/capri280/DSC05514.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/capri280/DSC05512.jpg

The Dogfather
29th June 2008, 01:40 PM
Prefer the originals, the clear ones look a bit 'ripspeed corsa' to be honest

Colin
29th June 2008, 01:45 PM
Originals look best against the red body. I think white lenses only work against darker colours like black or blue, with the exception of silver which also works. IMHO. But it really is up to you everyone has there own ideas :thumbs up:

KenL
29th June 2008, 05:46 PM
Not for me.

Gismo
29th June 2008, 06:14 PM
Originals look best against the red body. I think white lenses only work against darker colours like black or blue, with the exception of silver which also works. IMHO. But it really is up to you everyone has there own ideas :thumbs up:What he says, but, everybody is and should be different, besides, you'll no see them when you're driving ;)

MINI William
29th June 2008, 07:47 PM
hmmm not to sure but they look ok with the chrome IMHO :smilewinkgrin:

ianking
29th June 2008, 07:58 PM
I like them but only on certain colours. I had the very same lights on my Indie blue and I think they looked good on it but maybe red cars suit the red lights better. But its your car and its up to you.

If you decide against them they are still fetching good money on eBay.

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2008, 08:17 PM
I think that kinda works. It matches in with the chrome trim on the bumper, the chrome boot handle and the chrome/clear reversing light.

Like Alan says it makes your car different.:thumbs up:

A.:D

N12 JLK
29th June 2008, 08:27 PM
As Louis Walsh would say ' I kinda like it', but its up to you and your individual Mini.

RyanK
29th June 2008, 10:15 PM
Originals look best against the red body. I think white lenses only work against darker colours like black or blue, with the exception of silver which also works. IMHO. But it really is up to you everyone has there own ideas :thumbs up:

+1 :cool:

illegalhunter
30th June 2008, 06:25 AM
Not for me either

euan
30th June 2008, 08:27 AM
I prefer the red on the red cars, but if you like it go for it - your the one who has to drive it ;-)

Forbes
30th June 2008, 10:40 AM
They suit i think. Although I have them on my car, so i might be being biased.

ELFMAN
30th June 2008, 10:51 AM
I thought about the white rear lights for mine, but decided just to stick with the originals, although I think (as CCM said) they do suit the darker coloured MINIs quite well, as they kind of match the chrome bits and add a nice contrast.

On the red, I'm not so sure, but they don't look bad. The originals tone in with the red bodywork and just leave the chrome surround as a highlight, which is more subtle. Still, if you want to make it a wee bit different...... Wasn't there a legality problem with some aftermarket rear MINI lights as there were no red reflectors in them, or am I talking rubbish?

Forbes
30th June 2008, 10:58 AM
Wasn't there a legality problem with some aftermarket rear MINI lights as there were no red reflectors in them, or am I talking rubbish?

You are right:thumbs up: thats why i had to put reflectors on the back:ragin:, think Craig had to aswell with his new ones

MrMischief
30th June 2008, 09:51 PM
They look ok, but I think the originals suit the red cars better. If only you could de-tango them.

Or split the clear lenses, spray the white reflector section red, leaving just the clear lenses surrounding the bulbs, then re-assemble. Wouldn't look quite so Lax Power then :thumbs up:

Steve

Smitty
1st July 2008, 01:02 PM
You are right:thumbs up: thats why i had to put reflectors on the back:ragin:, think Craig had to aswell with his new ones

I have them on my car to and I love them...but as with all exterior goodies is a personal choice.

0004BES...your reflectors? You got a picture of them? I have them on just now but they look gash and was planing on removing them and hopping for the best (i.e. act dumb if and when I got caught) as they look horrible :frown:

Forbes
1st July 2008, 04:33 PM
I have fairly large reflectors but i got them on both sides below the chrome line at the back.
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4711/dgfdfyw6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2189/dfgdgfro5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Craig's reflectors are more like the size of a 10p coin.
I know of a certain other member though who is taking a chance by not having any with the same lights, i believe he has not been stopped though

Burple
1st July 2008, 05:07 PM
I have them on my car to and I love them...but as with all exterior goodies is a personal choice.

0004BES...your reflectors? You got a picture of them? I have them on just now but they look gash and was planing on removing them and hopping for the best (i.e. act dumb if and when I got caught) as they look horrible :frown:

Get a pair of the little red ones inside your doors, and stick em to the black trim at the bottom of the bumper...
:thumbs up:

The law only states you gotta have 'em.. not how big they have to be..

Smitty
1st July 2008, 06:59 PM
That's identical to the one's I have and they are stuck to each insert on the rear bumper of the Aero Kit.

They are certainly coming off for now and we'll see how things go. I'm not doing that much driving around at night anyway so should be ok.

I know the ones you mean Euan....might get myself a spare set incase of emergency...but for now i'll quite simply "Stick it to the Man!"

Forbes
1st July 2008, 09:28 PM
I don't like having them either but the wrath of my mum after getting stopped in the car without them is enough to keep them on.:blush:

Smitty
1st July 2008, 10:50 PM
I don't like having them either but the wrath of my mum after getting stopped in the car without them is enough to keep them on.:blush:

Ouch...that would have been right hiding that one!! :argh: Did she get any points or just a slap across the wrist?

Crombers
2nd July 2008, 08:57 AM
Surprisingly enough the vote from me is no, no & em , no :rolleyes::eyes up:

As Paul (Dogfather) says, all aftermarket rear lenses look ripspeed/corsa to me :frown::moonie:

Forbes
2nd July 2008, 10:40 AM
She hasn't been stopped it's just i know she would kill me if she did

Sportspack Mark
3rd July 2008, 05:27 PM
still in the loft lol so they aint gonna go on!! thanks guys