PDA

View Full Version : driving lamp question

colliz
29th June 2008, 05:19 AM
Can anyone help, I am thinking about putting some angel eye spots (2 or 4) on my mini and was wondering if I could just cut into the dip beam wires as the lights are only LEDS and draw little power or do I have to go down the line of putting in relays and things. I have seen them on ebay and I will wait to see if anyone can help before i buy them...cheers...

Gismo
29th June 2008, 07:04 AM
Firstly, you'll be wanting to splice into the main beam wiring, not dipped beam.
I have spliced my 2nd set of spots into the 1st set of spots and have no problems.
I've checked the wiring to make sure it's not getting overheated, but, i also used far thicker wire as a precaution.

The Dogfather
29th June 2008, 07:36 AM
I'd use relays to be on the safe side.

colliz
29th June 2008, 03:35 PM
ye sorry you are right I would like the angel eyes to come on every time i ut on my normal driving lights at night.. So I cando this then thank you for the info..:thumbs up:

KenL
29th June 2008, 05:45 PM
ye sorry you are right I would like the angel eyes to come on every time i ut on my normal driving lights at night.. So I cando this then thank you for the info..:thumbs up:

"Normal" as in driving through town with your headlights on (dipped beam)?

Is this legal? Would not want you to spend money only to be told by the police to remove them :smilewinkgrin:

S7JGW
14th July 2008, 11:57 AM
When i had four spots on my last cooper i had spliced into the main beam and went thru a relay. For angel eyes i would splice into the side lights so they come on with the side lights probably through a relay aswell just to be on the safe side.
Jim