PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

N12 JLK
22nd June 2008, 10:09 PM
How good was Top Gear tonight, very funny and may I say get it right up yeh Toyota Prius:thumbs up: M3 all the way. The part with the 3 police cars they had to do up was just top class.
Any comments welcome.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2008, 12:25 AM
Ditto all of the above.

Great start to the new series.

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
23rd June 2008, 02:35 AM
Glad it's on, but i'll have to remember not to read any more posts until i get home and actually see it :moonie:

Craig
23rd June 2008, 07:38 AM
yeah another great start to the series, but I can't believe there are only 6 shows in this series.. :ragin:

Gismo
23rd June 2008, 07:48 AM
In fact, i can access it through the BBC online iplayer ;)
Summat to watch this afternoon then :thumbs up:

illegalhunter
23rd June 2008, 10:54 AM
i miss all these things , but its 45 c in tunisa, ah well

N12 JLK
23rd June 2008, 09:03 PM
i miss all these things , but its 45 c in tunisa, ah well

:moonie::thumbs up:git, well its pi**ing of rain here and Noah has just went by my window, hows that then:rolleyes:

Gismo
24th June 2008, 02:35 AM
i miss all these things , but its 45 c in tunisa, ah wellAye well, not as hot as that here, but, i guess 31 degrees is more comfortable :cool: plus, the heli deck is mobbed at lunch time :D
Watched Top Gear last night on the BBC iplayer, excellent stuff, nice Allegro wasted, it was a Vanden Plas after all ;)

ELFMAN
25th June 2008, 10:45 AM
I thought the 'Police Cars' section was brilliant - best bit was James May's 'Ice Cream Van' siren, nearly choked on my tea. Reminded me of an old Morecambe & Wise show where Eric was looking out of the window and there was the sound of a police/ambulance siren screaming past. Eric turns to Ernie and says 'He'll not sell much ice cream going at that speed". Still cracks me up.....

Quite fancied that 430 Scuderia - I'd like to improve my MPG.

Hope the rest of the series is as good and they don't just resort to blowing up caravans - not that there's anything wrong with that, I'd just rather have more motors. I did see in the 'series preview' they showed at the start of the show that there was a R56 S on track with what looked like a Clarkson Vs Girl race type scene...

mini saltire
25th June 2008, 01:22 PM
Quite fancied that 430 Scuderia - I'd like to improve my MPG.

How cool did that car sound, look, drive etc....

euan
25th June 2008, 01:56 PM
How cool did that car sound, look, drive etc....

Indeed, but isn't it funny how companies used to charge less for less? Thinking especially of the 968 clubsport, which was better than the 968 but cost less. Now they charge a LOT more!

ianking
25th June 2008, 02:47 PM
Did you notice they asked Alan Carr what is a gay car then and he mentioned that he now has a mini.
The boys at my work brought that to my attention first thing on Monday morning.

mini saltire
25th June 2008, 03:12 PM
Did you notice they asked Alan Carr what is a gay car then and he mentioned that he now has a mini.
The boys at my work brought that to my attention first thing on Monday morning.

I know, I thought Clarkson would have had a field day with that comment :frown:... I was ready with the remote control to switch over to 5th Gear!!:p

Craig
25th June 2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah, the gay comment and MINI's didn't go un-noticed at my work either.. :argh:

I like the look of the race between the Bullet Train and the Skyline in Japan... :cool::cool: