PDA

View Full Version : Hello to All

Johnf36
22nd June 2008, 12:23 AM
Okay, I am new here in a few ways.

1. This is my first overseas forum that I have joined.
2. You wont see me on the road because I am in the USA

My name is John Friend, I am the owner of a 2006 Royal Grey MCS. I have had Albert for just short of a year. I am wanted to drop into your forum to see and learn what Mini owners from a different country do and think. I picked yours because it seems very friendly, nice looking and active with a good member base.

I have uploaded a few pictures into my gallery of Albert a long with some of the mods I have built and are currently using.

Who am I, While I am a 46 year old man that is a shift lead for the mechanics at a food processing plant. Not great but it pays good. Back ground 10 Years with the US Coast Guard and my last duty with them was senior test engineer for the new 47' Motor Life Boat. I have a lot of skills that allows me to create what I want when I can find the equipment and material. Oh and yes I am happly married.

Thats just a little bit about me and I am always open for questions and PM's

John

AndyP & Lenore
22nd June 2008, 01:06 AM
John, :welcome:

What a fantastic intro you made. And I love the way you speak at length about your love (MINI's) your passion (MINI's), your work, and then right at the end.... "oh yeah, and I'm married". The only thing missing was a :eyes up:

Glad you've chosen NMS to chat all things MINI. You may be unable to attend our social events, but that shouldn't stop you making the most out of the site.

All the best.:thumbs up:

AndyP:D

Johnf36
22nd June 2008, 01:43 AM
Thanks Andy,

I already see some of the advantages you guys have, having access to European product lines. Bad enough here that they are hard to get the dollar does not buy much.

John

Gismo
22nd June 2008, 02:13 AM
:welcome: John, glad to see you in the forums and thanks for the kind words regarding why you joined :thumbs up:
We are a friendly bunch and have many a good meet up.

It's always nice to get some new ideas for our cars.

Not sure where abouts in the USA you are, but i'll be popping over to Pensacola later this year :yes nod:
Great dollar rate for us :thumbs up:

Johnf36
22nd June 2008, 04:13 AM
:welcome: John, glad to see you in the forums and thanks for the kind words regarding why you joined :thumbs up:
We are a friendly bunch and have many a good meet up.

It's always nice to get some new ideas for our cars.

Not sure where abouts in the USA you are, but i'll be popping over to Pensacola later this year :yes nod:
Great dollar rate for us :thumbs up:

New I forgot something. Born in Oregon and now live in Central Washington State in a small town called Ephrata

John

stoney
22nd June 2008, 05:58 AM
:welcome:(aka the madhouse)

Colin
22nd June 2008, 09:44 AM
:welcome: Hope you enjoy the site John.

Johnf36
22nd June 2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks, yes I love it , And you guys have great country sides and cool old architecture. The rolling hills make for great Mini pictures. I will try and get some club run pictures up.

John

t18tav
22nd June 2008, 10:00 AM
:welcome:post some more pics of your car man:computer:

Johnf36
22nd June 2008, 10:03 AM
I have a lot of mod pics, but when I went to the exterior ones the files where to big. I have been enjoying the Jan tune we have been having over the last few days.
john

Smitty
22nd June 2008, 10:59 AM
Hello and welcome!! It's brilliant how a love/obsession of one car can bring together people from many countries!!:thumbs up:

Johnf36
22nd June 2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks Smitty, I got some more pictures up but I need to head off to bed I will try and get more stuff posted tomorrow.

John

Craig
22nd June 2008, 06:24 PM
:welcome: John,

can't wait to see some pics. Nice to see some folk from across the pond taking an interest in our club. :thumbs up:

Forbes
22nd June 2008, 07:16 PM
Welcome! Car looks good.

RyanK
22nd June 2008, 08:08 PM
:welcome:..:thumbs up:

Nice Looking Mini, are you on NAM or MotoringUnderground out of interest?

Johnf36
22nd June 2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks, I am still trying to decide on rims, I am thinking dark bronze or Black chome.

John

Bumble
22nd June 2008, 10:54 PM
:welcome: a big Bumble ;bigwave: across the pond!

Gismo
23rd June 2008, 02:43 AM
:welcome: John,

can't wait to see some pics. Nice to see some folk from across the pond taking an interest in our club. :thumbs up:Take a look in his album :rolleyes:
Also, John, don't be scared to post them up full size (800 x x600 pixels) in the showcase gallery :thumbs up:
Which is what Craig was referring to ;)

Johnf36
23rd June 2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks , I will try and keep uploading pics. I should put up some links so you all can enjoy our club. We are very active with some very colorful people. My skills are a little lacking for posting pictures ,but as I learn how your site works I will get there. :thumbs up:

John

Gismo
23rd June 2008, 10:24 AM
My skills are a little lacking for posting pictures ,but as I learn how your site works I will get there. :thumbs up:

JohnJohn, there's a very good "How To Post Pictures" here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12359)

Johnf36
23rd June 2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks,
I will try and play with it and see if I can get more pictures up from the club.

John

Johnf36
23rd June 2008, 10:46 AM
Question?
How is the club split here, motoring?,track? or Bling?

Currently I am working on a scan gauge mount and a rear diffuser plate.

John

Duncan Stewart
23rd June 2008, 08:31 PM
:D Hi & Welcome :D

Gismo
24th June 2008, 02:39 AM
Question?
How is the club split here, motoring?,track? or Bling?Not so much here, we have a fair mixture of everything and we don't really seperate out like that.
Not so sure we have out and out bling folks either

Johnf36
24th June 2008, 09:18 AM
OOOOOPS,

I did not mean it really that way sorry. For us we all motor, everyone has some kind of bling and there is maybe 25% or better that race. I would say we all also have some kind of mod even if it is just to stop mushrooming or a reusable air filter.

John

Crombers
1st July 2008, 09:07 AM
Welcome to NMSland :cool: