PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Wax Eraser

Scottie
19th June 2008, 09:11 PM
Got some on order. Hoping to fix my trim round the roof as it has polish residue prior to me getting the car.

Anyone used it.???

If not I will report back:D

Mini Ecosse
20th June 2008, 06:24 AM
Not used it.
I will be interested to hear how you find his product.

Stephen

Stewart
2nd July 2008, 06:42 PM
Not tried this but on DW they all rave about Groundnut oil for this very job, Tesco seems to be the brand of choice…..500ml £1.05.:thumbs up:

Strips the wax off and safe on trim.

FergusM
2nd July 2008, 07:22 PM
Does Black wow not cover it ? The residue on the trim that is..

illegalhunter
3rd July 2008, 03:42 PM
Why dont you use Peanut butter , works like a dream

Scottie
17th July 2008, 11:25 PM
tried this product tonight. Looked like it worked but will wait till good light before I can say for sure.

N12 JLK
17th July 2008, 11:43 PM
Why dont you use Peanut butter , works like a dream

Try Angel delight or custard, it may not work but if you get bored you can always have a snack

AndyP & Lenore
17th July 2008, 11:58 PM
Not tried this but on DW they all rave about Groundnut oil for this very job, Tesco seems to be the brand of choice…..500ml £1.05.:thumbs up:

Strips the wax off and safe on trim.

I use ground nut oil on the R56. Works a treat. It's messy, but overspill cleans off no problem and like Stewart says, much cheapness. I got it when it was only about 95p. But that was a few months ago.... Inflation.:frown:

A.:D

N12 JLK
18th July 2008, 05:24 PM
I use ground nut oil on the R56. Works a treat. It's messy, but overspill cleans off no problem and like Stewart says, much cheapness. I got it when it was only about 95p. But that was a few months ago.... Inflation.:frown:

A.:D

I nearly flatlined there Andy, 10p of a difference things are just going daft I think Im just going to have to go without my nuts for a while.

Stewart
16th August 2008, 10:36 AM
Did the whole ground nut oil thing and yes it looks fine but it does not remove on my car but more or less covers it up for a while. Does the Duragloss Wax Eraser actually remove the polish as it suggests.

Scottie
16th August 2008, 06:30 PM
should have posted these a wee while back my before and after pictures.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-0929.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-0933.jpg

Scottie
16th August 2008, 06:31 PM
this was a just quick test as you can see from the picture spent no more than a minute on the trim after wiping the rain from the trim so with little or no effort the results were pretty good.

Stewart
19th August 2008, 09:50 AM
but as your pics show thats what i've got all over my Mini from the dealers........

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/wax-blaster-wax-remover/prod_346.html

I'm thinking about this stuff before hitting all the plastic with my Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel that if done right in that you only put the smallest amount on at a time should keep it looking great with it, "Thankfully the gel contains no alcohol or petroleum distillates but does contain UV light blocking agents which helps prolong the life of the trim or tyre and prevent fading"

or so they say.

Oh aye still to clean the ground nut oil off my side windows…think I had too much of it on as the first sign of rain it left marks all down them.

Stewart
9th October 2008, 12:24 AM
Got round to using this today………I would not go as far as saying its pants but it’s not great at all. I spent 30 mins doing little bits of trim and I would probably done just as well with water a soft scrubber. Disappointed as I thought it dissolved the wax/polish.

Great applicator but what its actually doing is beyond me.

Best thing bought so far is carlack window polish and sealant it does exactly what it says it does and the water run off amazing. Found myself sitting the other day in heavy rain waiting for someone just amazed at the run off.