PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

MINI William
19th June 2008, 07:31 PM
Need new tyres!!:argh::argh: has anyone got any recomondations ??:smilewinkgrin:

Sweeney
19th June 2008, 07:47 PM
What size?
Runflat/non runflat?
Budget?

MINI William
19th June 2008, 08:04 PM
18" not fussed about runflat or non runflat.dont rly have a budget

Sweeney
19th June 2008, 08:12 PM
What tyre size though?

Ie. width & profile?

Mini 18"s i think are 225/35/18?

Craig
19th June 2008, 08:16 PM
close Ryan, 215/35/18.

William, I am a fan of Toyo Proxes T1R and also Goodyear Eagle F1. The Toyos are about £100 fitted each, the Goodyears will be a bit more. :thumbs up:

MINI William
19th June 2008, 08:21 PM
klkl ill have a look at sumthing alon they lines.as my tyres will prob last sunday and then tht will be them cooked:argh:

Sweeney
19th June 2008, 08:22 PM
Aha i see!

Eagle F1 Asymmetrics are probably the best option, better than the gsd3's in all conditions.
Toyo t1-r's or PX4's if you dont fancy spending as much, Yoko Parada Spec2's for an in between but the Yokos dont last too long :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
19th June 2008, 08:36 PM
These new Federals SS595's that Euan and I have just fitted are really good:thumbs up: Don't know if you get them in 18's tho:Whistle:

MINI William
19th June 2008, 08:40 PM
thanks guys i will go to auto image and see how much :ragin:

stoney
20th June 2008, 06:55 AM
These new Federals SS595's that Euan and I have just fitted are really good:thumbs up: Don't know if you get them in 18's tho:Whistle:

well i hadthe goodyear f1on last time and put the federalson this time and i have to say both have been v good but the feds cost me about 1/2 the price of the goodyaers :thumbs up:

Burple
20th June 2008, 11:25 AM

:thumbs up::D

Still loving them, gave them a horse round Knockhill as well, excellent rubber for the money.

Stoney, how you finding them on the S?

The Dogfather
20th June 2008, 11:55 AM
I want some but I've got to use up the RFs first :(

Big Gordy
20th June 2008, 12:13 PM

Still loving them, gave them a horse round Knockhill as well, excellent rubber for the money.

Hey Euan ..... do you think they look bigger that 205's:eek: They seem to be a lot "squarer" tread to side wall don't you think:Whistle: Seem to offer more protection to the alloy.....which is a good thing with the missus driving ours most of the time:frown: Should have put them on when I bought it:thud::ragin:

Burple
20th June 2008, 04:18 PM
Hey EWan ;)..... do you think they look bigger that 205's:eek: They seem to be a lot "squarer" tread to side wall don't you think:Whistle: Seem to offer more protection to the alloy.....which is a good thing with the missus driving ours most of the time:frown: Should have put them on when I bought it:thud::ragin:

they do indeedy look bigger, and I think you're right about the shoulder as well, it's definitely 'squarer'. Quite a chunky rim protector (oo-er missus) as well.. You can't go wrong with a good rim protector (fnar snigger kyuk):laugh:
They're nicely bedded in now, although the chunky tread likes to pick up loads of wee stones, I love em!

stoney
20th June 2008, 05:07 PM

not realy had them out proper give them a wee bit the other day so they would be run in for sunday so will tell you better arter sunday :rolleyes: but what i have done they seem to be goodi have them at 215/45/17 so they stick out a wee bit but all the better :thumbs up::thumbs up:

MINI William
20th June 2008, 06:04 PM
is it on to put 2 non runflats on the front ie any problems etc ??

stoney
20th June 2008, 07:06 PM
is it on to put 2 non runflats on the front ie any problems etc ??

dont think so i have not done this but dont see much prob :thumbs up:

MINI William
20th June 2008, 07:17 PM
gdgd.am thinkin of getting a set of yoko S drives :thumbs up::smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
21st June 2008, 02:45 AM
is it on to put 2 non runflats on the front ie any problems etc ??That's a very good question and for once i'm gonna sit on the fence, personally i wouldn't mix non and actual runflats on the same axle or on the car :frown: no technical reasons and am willing to be advised that it's ok

Craig
21st June 2008, 10:40 AM
I am with Alan on this, I wouldn't mix run-flat and normal tyres on a car... Can't give you a reason for it other than I find that normal tyres give better feel and grip, therefore the front and back of the car may handle differently ?

saying that, I don't even mix front and back axles tyres, I always have the same make and pattern front and back. :yes nod:

stoney
21st June 2008, 12:29 PM
i am running 215/45/17 on the front and 205/45/17 on the back and its fine i have feds on the front and some thing elce on the back and dont find a prob

stoney
21st June 2008, 12:30 PM
also no harm in try ing it and if you dont like then change the back 2