PDA

View Full Version : I Have Returned (for Good!)

Smitty
18th June 2008, 10:29 PM
Hello All!!

I must apologies for not being active for nearly the past two years....just not had the time or the money to keep up with all the runs and posts on the forum!

So whats changed.....well, you may remember I used to drive my mums MINI cooper, which you'll be glad to know is still in perfect condition (although it does need a damm good polish)

BUT

I have finished uni, start a new job in Nottingham in September and I have just bought myself my own, very first car and here it is.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/smitty_350z/DSC00573.jpg

A lovely Mini Cooper in Pure Silver with Black Roof and with Chilli Pack, Aero Kit, Cooper S spoiler, S-Spokes and only 22 500 on the clock and I already love it to bits. I will upload some better pictures soon, but it's in no state for being shown off right now....it needs a lot of TLC, which started today and will keep on going for the next few days (so I'm praying for sunny weather...as polishing cars in the rain just ain't fun!)

Anyway, i'll be much more active now and I will hopefully be able to make it along to a few meets and runs this summer.

It's good to be back:smilewinkgrin:

Martin (Smitty)

Craig
18th June 2008, 10:34 PM
Well Done Martin. :thumbs up:

Welcome back ;)

that car is nearly identical to Crombers and the number plate is close too. :yes nod:

hope to see you on a few runs.. :cool:

Colin
18th June 2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome back Martin ;bigwave:. Nice looking car.

The Dogfather
18th June 2008, 10:41 PM
Welcome back!

AndyP & Lenore
18th June 2008, 10:59 PM
Welcome back Martin.

Reminds me of our first Cooper. Lovely looking.:cool: needs spots though.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Forbes
18th June 2008, 11:06 PM
Welcome back. Am a new member from aberdeen will look out for you
Ben

Gismo
19th June 2008, 02:39 AM
:welcome: nice one Martin, cracking looking MINI :cool: once you've finished your cleaning campaign get the pictures up in the gallery.

PS, sticker in the post today, thanks for the order :thumbs up:

Burple
19th June 2008, 09:57 AM
Good lad!
Welcome back! :D

RyanK
19th June 2008, 03:41 PM
Very Nice!

Welcome! :)

mini saltire
20th June 2008, 10:21 AM
Nice Cooper. Welcome back!!:D

Smitty
22nd June 2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys, hopefully get along to one run this summer....my last one was the Manky Thrash which was an excellent day!

I'm guessing NMS isn't attending the seafront festival in Arbroath this year?

Ryan - I have seen your Mini kicking about Aberdeen a few times, it's very tidy. I'll make sure to flash if I see you (look out for the clear white lights on the rear of mine...that will pick me out from the silver crowd!!)

Gismo
22nd June 2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys, hopefully get along to one run this summer....my last one was the Manky Thrash which was an excellent day!Send me the address for the cheque ;) plus, it's on again in November :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
22nd June 2008, 10:04 PM
hello again hello

RyanK
22nd June 2008, 10:54 PM
Ryan - I have seen your Mini kicking about Aberdeen a few times, it's very tidy. I'll make sure to flash if I see you (look out for the clear white lights on the rear of mine...that will pick me out from the silver crowd!!)

I'll be sure to lookout for you! I think an Aberdeen gathering should be in session sometime

Crombers
1st July 2008, 09:05 AM
that car is nearly identical to Crombers and the number plate is close too. :yes nod:

:eek: "Splutter" :eek:, thought me MINi had been nicked there !!!!

Near identical as you say CD, as I was SH04KBZ.

That'll be a Henry Bros car you have Martin & it'll have been delivered around early June 2004 (mine was 07/06/04).

Good looking car, look forward to meeting in the metal, although mine has covered more than twice the distance yours has :eek::thumbs up:

Smitty
1st July 2008, 01:06 PM
Crombers - it certianly is a Henry Bro's car, spot on! I have white rear lights so at least there is some difference in spec! Hopefully when can compare soon:thumbs up:

RyanK - A mini MINI Aberdeen meet sounds spot on, we should plan something soon!:D

shoppie
4th July 2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys, hopefully get along to one run this summer....my last one was the Manky Thrash which was an excellent day!

I'm guessing NMS isn't attending the seafront festival in Arbroath this year?

As far as I believe they are and a thread exists somewhere for the Arbroath Spectacular...

Surley NMS wont pass up an opportunity to see Russ Swift do his stuff again....