PDA

View Full Version : weird noise!!

bry_mini
16th June 2008, 05:20 PM
any1 anyidea?? coming from the glove box/dash area, sounds like water bubling wen i drive off or rev? havent noticed it in any of my past minis!
may be somethig daft but is anoying!! lol

stoney
16th June 2008, 05:25 PM
sounds like the heater to me i know some other minis have done this

hope this helps not 100% tho

Craig
16th June 2008, 09:09 PM
Could be an air lock in your coolant ?

If your car is under warranty I would ask the garage to check it out. ;)

bry_mini
17th June 2008, 04:36 PM
kl cheers guys!!

gona get it in for a look! doesnt seem to affect the car but is a bit annoying! lol

jam80s
18th June 2008, 11:34 AM
check out this
http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-faults-fixes/154495-sound-rushing-water-behind-dash.html
seems to be not uncommon.

bry_mini
18th June 2008, 06:01 PM
cheers bud! had a read!

askd a m8 last nyt n sed 2 check my coolant overflow, i did and was almost dry....jst about sh!t myself lol.....in2 the garage it went 2day 2 ckeck the cooling system!

hope this helps any1 else with this problem....will post up wot hapens wen i get it bak!

Gismo
19th June 2008, 02:59 AM
cheers bud! had a read!

askd a m8 last nyt n sed 2 check my coolant overflowOh oh, wait until the spelling police wake up :hand:
Anyway, a tell tale sign of the common reservoir leak is to check the heat shield under the bottle, if it's green then you have a leak and would explain the bottle being empty :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
19th June 2008, 06:27 AM
Txt spk! :argh:

AndyP & Lenore
19th June 2008, 10:26 AM
Txt spk! :argh:

Ye. wot he sed.:argh::argh:

A.

bry_mini
20th June 2008, 04:43 PM
lol sorry dudes!!

well herd this is common not only in minis!

got the car back, coolant blead and topped up! no sign of leak tho! the noise is still there and is realy annoying!! will keep an eye on it and see wot happens!!

bry_mini
20th June 2008, 04:45 PM
Oh oh, wait until the spelling police wake up :hand:
Anyway, a tell tale sign of the common reservoir leak is to check the heat shield under the bottle, if it's green then you have a leak and would explain the bottle being empty :thumbs up:

had a check and seems fine! im stumped, just need to watch it!:eyes up: