PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camcorders

Gismo
12th June 2008, 12:48 PM
I may be in the hunt for a camcorder.
What's other folks using??

I've been looking at the Sony HDR-SR12E, anyone have any experience of this or similar hard disk based machines :idea:

Am wanting to include using it at Mini meets and Knockhill to upload video to youtube to be able to share on here

Gismo
13th June 2008, 01:52 PM
Well, thanks to everyone for their input :hand:
Trawled the net nearly all day seeking alternative advice and finally decided the Sony was a decent machine, time will tell.

Am hoping to get some decent footage for posting onto youtube and ultimately NMS :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
13th June 2008, 01:58 PM
More gadgets :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
13th June 2008, 02:10 PM
finally decided the Sony was a decent machine, time will tell.
Now that you mention it I'm sure its a Sony Ross has got:Whistle:

euan
13th June 2008, 03:12 PM
I just had a look, that thing gets great reviews! Problem with all these things is I'd need to replace my PC just to view some of these files!

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2008, 12:34 AM
My Camcorder is an ancient block of a thing. Sorry Alan, not much point in any input from me. Really haven't followed the camcorder market at all of late.

A.:blush:

Gismo
14th June 2008, 02:47 AM
I just had a look, that thing gets great reviews! Problem with all these things is I'd need to replace my PC just to view some of these files!I'm gonna be mighty hacked off if mine isn't up to the task :eek:

Sheilz
14th June 2008, 08:13 PM
I use a panasonic, or rather I would if a) Nik and his pals will let me use (my) camera and b) I could remember how to use it. I've had it, or I would have had it if - refer to (a) - for five years now so I guess it must fall into the same category as A&Ps ;bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2008, 08:33 PM
.... so I guess it must fall into the same category as A&Ps ;bigwave:

A & ..... "L's"? Perchance?

A.

Sheilz
16th June 2008, 09:01 PM
A & ..... "L's"? Perchance?

A.

Ooops! Sorry! ;bigwave: