PDA

View Full Version : I may have to give this away

monkimagic
12th June 2008, 12:42 AM
No one has even phoned about our mota! 5 weeks in Scotads, Gumtree, UK Car ads and 1 week in the paper with a full colour photo and not one call!

:argh:

http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/96/24665896.html

Anyone got any suggestions before I end up down at the dealers?

FergusM
12th June 2008, 08:43 AM
Keeping on reading on mini2 that people are also having trouble shifting cars... sounds like the market is just very slow and that the "credit crunch" is making people wary to swap things like cars.

Have you tried pistonheads ? And of course Autotrader ? ...2 places I always look.

Craig
12th June 2008, 10:16 AM
Monki,

you will find it really hard to sell at the moment as I think most car dealers are. The market is just really slow.

If you get to the point where you are just going to sell it to a dealer, don't sell it to a MINI dealer, go to a local independant and they will normally give you more as their overheads are lower. (This has worked in the past..;)) To give you an example, If you look at what a car like yours is going for on a MINI forecourt, then take £2k off it and you will be offered something around that figure.. :argh::frown:

Best of luck. :thumbs up:

AeroJonny
12th June 2008, 12:45 PM
I'd only echo what Fergus said, I sold my Cooper on Pistonheads and bought its replacement on Autotrader! :D

ianking
12th June 2008, 01:45 PM
My mate is an independant dealer and sold a very similar spec car last week with similar miles and same age.

He sold it with warranty etc for only £7495 so looks like they are comming down in price.

JCWmini
12th June 2008, 05:33 PM
You will do well to get £5.5k from a dealer maybe £6.5k private at most.

The market is dead right now, prices are rock bottom. Finance is harder to get too.

The Bull
13th June 2008, 02:10 PM
I know you have to add a bit for the sunroof and chili pack but Parkers say about £6.5K for a "private good" 53 Cooper.

Credit crunch is the pits. I'm having big troubles trying to sell my house just now.

I hope you get it shifted for decent coin.