PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Rides 16th June

mini saltire
11th June 2008, 05:10 PM
In aid of my Great North Run Charity 'The Multiple Sclerosis Society' Me and Vic Covey are putting in the passenger seats into our race cars and taking people round Knockhill at high pace in our race prepared Mini Coopers.

The cost is £25 per ride (I should probably rephrase that but never mind!!:blush:) and that gets you an out lap, 2 flying laps and an in lap.
Limited numbers so first post first served. (I already have a few people so there may only be 10 slots)
6pm till 8pm 16th June @ Knockhill
Get posting.... I promise to have it on 2 wheels over Duffes....unless you are really heavy!!:smilewinkgrin:

1. Craig Davies
2. Mini William
3. Mini William's Dad
4. Allan

MINI William
11th June 2008, 06:15 PM
put me and my dad (brian) down please :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
11th June 2008, 07:32 PM
Mark, is there anyone else on track that night? Or is it just you and Vic?

A.

Scottie
11th June 2008, 07:33 PM
put Allan down please.:cool:

mini saltire
11th June 2008, 08:28 PM
Mark, is there anyone else on track that night? Or is it just you and Vic?

A.

Nope some more expensive exoctica...:cool: Just me and Vic doing passenger rides though.

Scottie
13th June 2008, 06:17 PM
Is that happening??? not many interested it would seem.

MINI William
15th June 2008, 07:54 PM
what time tomorrow??

Craig
15th June 2008, 08:55 PM
From speaking to Mark it is defo happening. He has others already booked for passenger rides, we are the extras. ;)

From the info I would suggest you arrive by around 17:15hrs as you have to be signed in for 17:30hrs and gives you a chance to have a look round the cars... :thumbs up:

also I can get that wee job done for you hopefully William. :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
15th June 2008, 09:29 PM
Ok well all going well Allan will be there.:thumbs up:

However his mum was taken to hospital sat morning with suspected heart attack so just depends.

mini saltire
16th June 2008, 08:23 AM
Hi folks,

Sorry I was away all weekend. It is defo going ahead as per Craig's instructions.

see you tonight

Mark

MINI William
16th June 2008, 11:08 AM
i never relised it was this early i will be late as my dad doesn't finish work untill 4.30.
Craig just found out im not bringing my car :argh:

mini saltire
16th June 2008, 12:33 PM
i never relised it was this early i will be late as my dad doesn't finish work untill 4.30.

There is no problem about being a bit late as you just need to sign a disclaimer when you get there to be passenger. So don't worry!! Please come and find me in the pits though so I know you are there!!

Cheers,

Mark

Craig
16th June 2008, 04:13 PM

can't be helped William. I will give you the bulbs anyway ;)

MINI William
16th June 2008, 09:04 PM
thanks to Mark & Vic me and my dad had a rly gd time.good guys:thumbs up::thumbs up:. another gd NMS event as per:smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
16th June 2008, 09:14 PM
:thumbs up: Top dollar to both Mark & Vic

Craig
16th June 2008, 09:21 PM
That was AWESOME tonight....

I remember you saying Mark that you would take it easy for the first lap and when we went down Duffus "easy" I thought... "mmm wonder how quick the next time will be 'cos that was quite quick".....

then we got round on your "flying" lap... my thoughts as we went into Duffus were....

"HOLY *** MARK, THAT'S QUICK, JESUS ***** IF YOU DON'T WATCH WITH ALL THIS WEIGHT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE WE WILL TURN THE ******* THING OVER :eek::eek:

Got used to it more the second time, but it is just amazing how quick you can go into corners and the car just sticks, also the breaking was stunning. :thumbs up: Even with the extra weight.. :blush:

Top Stuff Mark and I would recommend this to anyone. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Scottie
16th June 2008, 09:33 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-608.jpg

and then this car Craig knows the make but I can't remember. It could move

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-602.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-607.jpg

but for me the best sounding car on the night has to go to the

Audi S4.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
16th June 2008, 09:36 PM
That is an Ultima GTR... the flames out the back of it was cracking.. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

mini saltire
17th June 2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all your kind comments guys. Vic and I really enjoyed taking you round. It is great that you get an insight into what we have to do get the most from these cars.

I raised £225 for the charity last night so thank you also for that. For those that missed out, I will be doing another one later on in the year.

They are talking about giving out success ballast next year.... are you busy Craig??;)

Gismo
17th June 2008, 08:09 AM
For those that missed out, I will be doing another one later on in the yearMaybe you'll arrange a date for when i'm home :thumbs up: looks like i missed a good night

Craig
17th June 2008, 04:02 PM
They are talking about giving out success ballast next year.... are you busy Craig??;)

:thud: :eyes up: :ragin:

there is success ballast and there is taking 3 seconds off a lap... ;):thumbs up: