PDA

View Full Version : detailing: some 8 hours later

Scottie
9th June 2008, 10:25 PM
I finished detailing my car by hand no PC for me I'm afraid not that Allan would let me near the car even if we had one.:eyes up::eyes up:

I actually completed the job tonight as I ran out of time yesterday to do the interior and the inside of the windows.

Anyway this is the first time from scratch that I've done my car. Got to say I ache my shoulders and wrists are awful.:blush:

We have our set products that we use for hand polishing (6 years of trying just about every product out there) we eventually settled on what base products Allan preferred to use some time ago, from a my point of view I would say the Glaze was the hardest to remove I really struggled and Allan had to do the final buff for me.

Now Allan likes to try all the different waxes out there and that's pretty much what we only buy nowadays.

So on my car yesterday I tried.

Zymol Concours
Race Glaze 55
AutoGlym HD Wax
CG 50/50

Now I know from reading detailing world about which wax is durable beads well etc etc
but again from my point of view ease of use and finish
has to go to CG 50/50
HD wax is good but 50/50 has it beat for removal.
55 is good
Zymol is hard work.

Will I detail the car again myself .... not likely..... The thing that got me was I had not finished polishing the car and you could see the dust starting to settle on the car :argh::argh: and that was the car inside. I had to run the wool duster over the car all the time to remove the dust before I continued to work on the paint. Finally after one trip I thought whats the point :ragin: oh well at least the cars protected.

Craig
9th June 2008, 11:18 PM
all that work and nae photties ? :eyes up::frown:

now you know what Allan goes thro all the time with detailing the cars.. :rolleyes: I hope you appreciate his efforts more.. :thumbs up:

Scottie
9th June 2008, 11:30 PM
didn't have time for pics started my new job today.:thumbs up:

He did have a good look over my car at every stage to check my work and point out any missed bits:eyes up: at the end he had to admit it was finished to his standards.:thud: although he kept bringing up that he had to sort out taking the glaze off.:thud:

AndyP & Lenore
9th June 2008, 11:38 PM
Looks good Fi. You can really see the work that went into it and the shine on your car now it's fini.....

Oh wait. No we can't, 'cost there's no PHOTO'S!!!:frown:

Sounds like you had two hard working days though. The end result always gives you a sense of satisfaction though, doesn't it.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Scottie
9th June 2008, 11:49 PM
I don't have the strength in my finger to press the button to take a picture, they are that sore.:shut up: However I just wanted to give another
persons POV as to which products are easiest to use. So often we hear about how well the products work and look at the reflection on my car

but not how easy they are to apply or remove.

TBH with all the dust lying on the car you can't see any of the hard work that went into the car:ragin: needs a wash already:frown:

AndyP & Lenore
10th June 2008, 12:07 AM
I don't have the strength in my finger to press the button to take a picture, they are that sore.:shut up: However I just wanted to give another
persons POV as to which products are easiest to use. So often we hear about how well the products work and look at the reflection on my car

but not how easy they are to apply or remove.

TBH with all the dust lying on the car you can't see any of the hard work that went into the car:ragin: needs a wash already:frown:

I know what you mean Fi.;)

I found the Menzerna had very little dust and the blackfire leaves absolutely no dust at all.

A.

Scottie
10th June 2008, 07:36 AM
I know what you mean Fi.;)

I found the Menzerna had very little dust and the blackfire leaves absolutely no dust at all.

A.
:confused::confused:

I was talking about the dust in the air, none of the products I used gave of any dust residue.:D

illegalhunter
10th June 2008, 09:27 AM
All that typing & no pics , come on Fi your desperate to show us.

AndyP & Lenore
10th June 2008, 09:39 AM
:confused::confused:

I was talking about the dust in the air, none of the products I used gave of any dust residue.:D

Ah.:blush:

Oops.:thud:

Ok.;bigwave:

ianking
10th June 2008, 09:40 AM
Fi

If you find any polish, glaze, wax, sealant difficult to take off just give it a wee spritz with detailing spray.

Scottie
10th June 2008, 06:01 PM
Fi

If you find any polish, glaze, wax, sealant difficult to take off just give it a wee spritz with detailing spray.

Yip I remember you saying that is what you used with the Zymol but by the time I can back round with some Allan was on the case.:thumbs up: