PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices

Scottie
8th June 2008, 12:13 AM
I see the dollar price per barrel has reached a record high of $139. I wonder where it will stop!! Where will it be at the end of the year $180? $190? scary e'hh

AndyP & Lenore
8th June 2008, 12:27 AM
Very scary Fi.:eek:

As much as we don't do high mileage in any (one) of our cars, with all the MINI runs and events on, across all the cars we are really starting to notice the increase cost.:ragin:

I seem to remember it was about a year ago there was a big hoo-ha because the price had just tipped £1/l at the pumps. It dropped after that for a couple of months, down to about 90p again. But it seems to have rocketed up to £1.20/L!!

One thing I've noticed is that if you were used to stopping the pump exactly on the £ before, sometimes that's no longer possible, because at £1.20/L each 0.01L is more than 1p. So every 0.05L the pump registers increases the cost by 2p! So if you are sitting at £29.99 and you are dripping it in to get it to £30 to avoid taking coppers in to pay, inevitably, it will tip forward to £30.01!!!:frown:

A.

Gismo
8th June 2008, 02:22 AM
One thing I've noticed is that if you were used to stopping the pump exactly on the £ before, sometimes that's no longer possible, because at £1.20/L each 0.01L is more than 1p. So every 0.05L the pump registers increases the cost by 2p! So if you are sitting at £29.99 and you are dripping it in to get it to £30 to avoid taking coppers in to pay, inevitably, it will tip forward to £30.01!!!:frown:

A.You really need to get out more :eek: :rolleyes:

t18tav
8th June 2008, 02:48 AM
I cant belive the cost of fuel i got close to £50 in my tank last time i filled up:argh::argh: IN a MINI:ragin::thud:

illegalhunter
8th June 2008, 06:05 AM
Its never going back down , we reached peak oil a while ago. $200 barrel is on the way fallowed by recesion

AndyP & Lenore
8th June 2008, 10:55 AM
You really need to get out more :eek: :rolleyes:

I know.:blush: Spent too long on :computer:

A.:moonie:

euan
8th June 2008, 01:15 PM
Very scary Fi.:eek:

As much as we don't do high mileage in any (one) of our cars, with all the MINI runs and events on, across all the cars we are really starting to notice the increase cost.:ragin:

I seem to remember it was about a year ago there was a big hoo-ha because the price had just tipped £1/l at the pumps. It dropped after that for a couple of months, down to about 90p again. But it seems to have rocketed up to £1.20/L!!

A.

Andy - use plastic - no coppers needed! If I paid cash every time I filled up the car I'd need a MUCH bigger wallet!

AndyP & Lenore
8th June 2008, 01:35 PM
Andy - use plastic - no coppers needed! If I paid cash every time I filled up the car I'd need a MUCH bigger wallet!

I do usually. It's just ocasionally when I only want to stick a tenner in, it's difficult to get it to stop on the £10 mark.:frown:

A.:D

N12 JLK
8th June 2008, 08:12 PM
after armageddon there will be plenty fuel for our cars, pity there will be no one around to use them:thud:

Crombers
9th June 2008, 08:27 AM
I cant belive the cost of fuel i got close to £50 in my tank last time i filled up:argh::argh: IN a MINI:ragin::thud:

I managed £53.10 last night (45.57L @ 113.9p) :ragin::frown::argh:

The Dogfather
9th June 2008, 11:58 AM
I think it will start to impact on used car values soon, anything less that 30mpg and you could see the vaules drop.

euan
9th June 2008, 12:20 PM
Already is, people just are not interested in taking in 4x4's anymore as par ex. The VW dealer we spoke to when we got the Polo was saying they had a few people in looking at getting rid of their ones and the values meant it just wasn't doable.

My car is on the borderline of 30MPG, and it's on the borderline (the right side in both cases) of the 215 co2 band, so it should be ok, but it takes people who understand all these to look at the value of individual cars and not brand them all together, so all 3 series BMW's are expensive to run is not strictly the case.

As soon as BMW nail the efficient dynamics on the 6 pot engines, they'll sell in vast numbers as they'll get great figures on CO2 and MPG.

Mini Martyn
9th June 2008, 12:21 PM
30mpg, whats that, i am lucky if i get 20mpg, fancy a change but an Audi A8 3l tdi dont think would be any better!! lmao

Gismo
9th June 2008, 12:34 PM
With the cost of our MINI's being the way they are, i'm not convinced that the majority of owners really take into consideration the actual running costs involved prior to purchase :computer:

Please note the careful use of "majority" cause i'm sure there will be a few who have done so.

I'm expecting a bit of a flaming here so fire away :shut up:

euan
9th June 2008, 01:50 PM
With the cost of our MINI's being the way they are, i'm not convinced that the majority of owners really take into consideration the actual running costs involved prior to purchase :computer:

Please note the careful use of "majority" cause i'm sure there will be a few who have done so.

I'm expecting a bit of a flaming here so fire away :shut up:

I would tend to agree with you, but I think attitudes are changing and people will start to ask. Mini are well placed with the new cars, much better MPG than the previous model and lower C02, but I was always surprised how bad my S was on fuel.

The Dogfather
9th June 2008, 02:23 PM
That's what sold me on my R56, it's cheaper to run than my old Cooper.

gauldrymini
9th June 2008, 04:25 PM
Fuel prices what a sickener:ragin:...I always:thud: when I fill up the Edition 30 one reason it may get sold yet...on the plus side more than happy with the R56 Cooper getting around an average 48mpg!!!:thumbs up:

Andrew

Scottie
9th June 2008, 06:46 PM
well when you fill the car costing £80 and only get 60 odd litres it makes you wonder.

The manufacturers are getting clever though take BMW with the E70 they have the Co2 down low enough to fall into a lower band than the previous E53 with much better MPG

Forbes
11th June 2008, 08:40 PM
Yesterday i had to pay 121.9p a litre and it cost me £55 to fill up in Glasgow. Think its about 111.9p at my local station. Still way more than when i passed my test a year and a half ago

Laineee
11th June 2008, 09:25 PM
more than happy with the R56 Cooper getting around an average 48mpg!!!:thumbs up:

Andrew

:confused: How do you manage that?? I barely get 43mpg in mine! :ragin::argh:

euan
12th June 2008, 08:48 AM
I use Petrolprices.com, they send you a weekly email with the 5 lowest cost petrol stations near your post code. While that in itself is useful, I keep them so I can see what the change has been - it's scary! It's gone up 5p a litre in 3 weeks.

Anyway, useful web site!

FergusM
12th June 2008, 08:50 AM
I am glad I am getting 30+ mpg out my R56 S...I tkink it is great mpg for such a quick car, especially as I tend to not hang around.

Though to be honest mpg never came into it when I bought it, I only do 7k miles a year so not badly impacted by the increase in cost. I do notice it but does not changethe way I drive or use of the car.

gauldrymini
12th June 2008, 12:31 PM
:confused: How do you manage that?? I barely get 43mpg in mine! :ragin::argh:

Laineee

I took the lead boot off my right foot:laugh:... no seriously don't tend to thrash the wee thing too much, have used super unleaded (but can get costly)

Andrew

The Dogfather
13th June 2008, 09:56 AM
Big protest on the M6, could cause problems with the Lakes Weekender