PDA

View Full Version : Monday off and 9 hours later

ianking
3rd June 2008, 06:48 PM
Been detailing some fairly boring standard stuff lately so not been posting any details up.

Thought you guys might be interested in this range rover as it is black and the paint hardness/quality is very similar to the black of the mini.

I got it 95% correct but I was hard pushed as I needed to get it back to the owner for 6pm and could only get it started at 9 am.

I used the Zymol Concours as the last stage protectant that I bought for a nice price from Scottiecoop. :D I had only used it on my dads TT before which is a light colour and also gave 1 coat to my classic but it is normally always clean and sparkly.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=72817

Any comments good or constructive are welcome.

weefossy
3rd June 2008, 06:56 PM
Ian, that is awesome work. Why buy a new car when you can change it like that.:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
3rd June 2008, 07:16 PM
Ian, that is awesome work. Why buy a new car when you can change it like that.:thumbs up:

Because the ashtrays are full with sweet wrappers?

Looks good Ian.

Craig
3rd June 2008, 07:21 PM
Superb Job Ian, don't know how you can do that in a day, but it helps having all the products... makes it A LOT easier... ;):thumbs up:

N12 JLK
3rd June 2008, 08:13 PM
Well done. They must have been well chuffed with the result.

euan
3rd June 2008, 08:35 PM
That looks awesome! Can't believe the difference!

Scottie
3rd June 2008, 08:48 PM
Looks good Ian.

What do you think of the Zymol then??

I have you tried it on your own car over sealant yet.??

ianking
3rd June 2008, 09:55 PM
Fi

Not tried it on my own car yet.
To be honest my car is a state at the mo.
Not had a chance to do it decent for ages now. Wont get a chance until next month either.

From what I found on the range rover and my old mans TT it leaves a good finish, very deep. Beeds well on the Audi although its quite hard to remove. Needs a wee spritz of detailing spray to help remove it.

illegalhunter
3rd June 2008, 10:04 PM
Great job Ian

Scottie
3rd June 2008, 10:05 PM
Fi

Not tried it on my own car yet.
To be honest my car is a state at the mo.
Not had a chance to do it decent for ages now. Wont get a chance until next month either.

From what I found on the range rover and my old mans TT it leaves a good finish, very deep. Beeds well on the Audi although its quite hard to remove. Needs a wee spritz of detailing spray to help remove it.

yip I thought you might say that.

The bugger is if you put to much on and think it's all removed only to go out the next morning and see the wax lines from the dew on the car.:argh:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd June 2008, 11:34 PM
Absolutely stunning. Well done young man. Really living up to your user title now.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

A.:D

Gismo
4th June 2008, 06:29 AM
Well, what can i say :eek: 9 hours to wash a car.
I have to admit and admire your dedication when it comes to this detailing lark :thumbs up:
An amazing transformation, excellent job and the owners must be scared to drive it away