PDA

View Full Version : Britain DOES have talent after all.

AndyP & Lenore
1st June 2008, 12:19 AM
And it's not in the shape of a dancing dog.:eyes up: As entertaining as Gin was, I'm glad she didn't win.:blush:

However, there's only one thing I can say about the eventual winner: Shockerooney!:eek:

Honestly I thought Escala were gonna walk off with the prize. They were soooo good in their semi final.:thud:

But, let's not take anything away from George. What a fantastic dancer he is. Well done that young lad. His life is changed forever.:thumbs up:;)

A.:D

The Dogfather
1st June 2008, 02:57 AM
I saw the dog, I thought 'wow clever dog and owner with too much time on her hands'. However, Elliott's decided to spend a little less time writing his novel in order take up dancing. Which is nice.:Whistle:

And it's not in the shape of a dancing dog.:eyes up: As entertaining as Gin was, I'm glad she didn't win.:blush:

However, there's only one thing I can say about the eventual winner: Shockerooney!:eek:

Honestly I thought Escala were gonna walk off with the prize. They were soooo good in their semi final.:thud:

But, let's not take anything away from George. What a fantastic dancer he is. Well done that young lad. His life is changed forever.:thumbs up:;)

A.:D

euan
1st June 2008, 07:29 AM
I feel a bit sorry for Escala really, they only had one night to practice a new routine - granted they would know the music but still. And they were all hot ;-)

Fair play to the kid though, he was superb.

Scottie
1st June 2008, 07:40 AM
I couldn't take to George the lad that won. Just something about the way he handle himself when being interviewed by Ant @ Dec after his dance both at the semi and the final.

I thought the two young opera singers were great, the young girl well she has so got it made now ain't she.

Sheilz
2nd June 2008, 12:15 AM
I couldn't take to George the lad that won. Just something about the way he handle himself when being interviewed by Ant @ Dec after his dance both at the semi and the final.

I thought the two young opera singers were great, the young girl well she has so got it made now ain't she.

Heartily agree. If the world was watching George as the best talent in Britain then I think they would assume Britain was devoid of talent. Wasnt too impressed with the manic arm swinging and and while the kid can dance I think you could find most dance schools would have someone who could have done the same or better and keep time to the music which George didn't. Signature was way better. They were very very entertaining. Judging by the drool on Munro's chin Escala were very hot and fab musicians. The two youngsters singing I think will have great futures ahead of them though the laddie may not have so many chances ahead of him once his voice breaks.
I think the public voted for George out of sympathy for his determination and struggle to get there rather than for what he did.

mini saltire
4th June 2008, 08:18 AM
I understand that George can dance (a bit) but his dumb-struck look covering his mouth and inability to talk whilst being interviewed is the best move he pulled all night. Just a shame you can't teach a dog to do that trick :yes nod:.

Anyway, I dance like that at every wedding where I drink to much.:laugh:

Mini Ecosse
4th June 2008, 12:48 PM
Anyway, I dance like that at every wedding where I drink to much.:laugh:

Would that be before racing at Croft:hand::Whistle::Whistle:
Stephen

monkimagic
4th June 2008, 03:36 PM
Hats off to the lad, he did good and for those 4 girls and everyone else....they will all do OK out of it, but I reckoned the winner was well deserved.

Big Gordy
4th June 2008, 03:57 PM
You are all indeed a very sad bunch:frown:

Burple
4th June 2008, 04:06 PM
If the world was watching Britain's Got Talent as the best talent in Britain then I think they would assume Britain was full of Fame-Hungry attention whores.

There y'go.. fixed that for ya :thumbs up:;):D:D
The ones with real talent aren't the people out there screwing the life out of someone else's hard work like a drunk and emotional karaoke singer for the desperation of their 15 mins of fame. They're the ones writing their own music, their own songs and seeking their own inspiration from the world around them..

Yeah.. so the Escala girls were pretty hot.. :cool::smilewinkgrin: but the fact remains that they're still using someone else's hard work to pimp themselves out to the media..

Look at it another way, If I'd been writing a PhD thesis for a doctorate, and basically used all of someone else's published paper, you wouldn't think that so cool would you? :p;):popcorn:

AndyP & Lenore
4th June 2008, 11:34 PM
There y'go.. fixed that for ya :thumbs up:;):D:D
The ones with real talent aren't the people out there screwing the life out of someone else's hard work like a drunk and emotional karaoke singer for the desperation of their 15 mins of fame. They're the ones writing their own music, their own songs and seeking their own inspiration from the world around them..

Yeah.. so the Escala girls were pretty hot.. :cool::smilewinkgrin: but the fact remains that they're still using someone else's hard work to pimp themselves out to the media..

Look at it another way, If I'd been writing a PhD thesis for a doctorate, and basically used all of someone else's published paper, you wouldn't think that so cool would you? :p;):popcorn:

So using that analogy, only people who write their own music/lyrics are talented.:confused:

Just because some of the acts on this programme presented their own rendition of other work, does not mean they are "Fame-hungry attention ******".

I'm not arguing that folk who DO write their own material are NOT talented. But surely the measure of someones talent is his/her ability to entertain, rather than purely their ability to write?

Let's not get confused, the programme is cheap, easy to make, trash-tv. It's just good fun trash tv. And I guess you'd agree, as you obviously watched it.:thud:;bigwave::popcorn:

A.:yes nod:

Sheilz
5th June 2008, 11:46 AM
So using that analogy, only people who write their own music/lyrics are talented.:confused:

Just because some of the acts on this programme presented their own rendition of other work, does not mean they are "Fame-hungry attention ******".

I'm not arguing that folk who DO write their own material are NOT talented. But surely the measure of someones talent is his/her ability to entertain, rather than purely their ability to write?

Let's not get confused, the programme is cheap, easy to make, trash-tv. It's just good fun trash tv. And I guess you'd agree, as you obviously watched it.:thud:;bigwave::popcorn:

Burple, your a cheeky beggar :hand:

It is trash tv at its best but you've no idea the mockery I have to endure to get peace to watch this kind of stuff. At all other times its heavy duty documentaries and boring stuff like that which is de rigeur in this establishment. I live with the head of television's equivalent to the gestapo :nag:. Sneak peaks at Corrie are moments to be savoured and managing three episodes of BGT has been the pinnacle of success in the battle for the remote :thumbs up:;bigwave:

Burple
6th June 2008, 10:32 AM

No.. they're the ones who have enough talent to devote a TV program to. There are *plenty* of pubs who do karaoke for the rest of the wannabes.

well why are they doing it?

That's the whole point. It's Trash tv. Cheap and easy to make. It's getting far too easy to chuck some nobody up on a stage and let them pretend to be famous, then call it 'entertainment'. I can think of nothing worse than having to sit through that mindless drivel.
I did have the misfortune to see 10 mins of one show. I'm not denying that some of the people on the show have some talent - the Escala girls for example.. ;) I just find it embarrasing that this is all the TV companies have to offer as 'prime time' viewing. Even worse is BBC1's Saturday night 'prime time'. 'Allo 'Allo ffs!!! seriously! That's over 20 years old now. :argh:
..that's what we're paying license fees for. 20 year old recycled shows. and tat karaoke.

Not to mention losing another 4 Channels over the summer to 24-7 coverage of *more* scum locked in a box. :eyes up::frown:

Makes me all thre more glad I have the priveledge to watch Nat Geo and History channels etc. Must be saying something when the only real alternative viewing is watching lions disemboweling some other poor creature while have my dinner! :D
And as much as I hate too much football on the telly, Euro 2008 will be a welcome relief from 'reality tv'.:thumbs up:

Burple
6th June 2008, 10:41 AM
Burple, your a cheeky beggar :hand:

Why yes.. thank you :thumbs up::D:p

It is trash tv at its best but you've no idea the mockery I have to endure to get peace to watch this kind of stuff. At all other times its heavy duty documentaries and boring stuff like that which is de rigeur in this establishment. I live with the head of television's equivalent to the gestapo :nag:. Sneak peaks at Corrie are moments to be savoured and managing three episodes of BGT has been the pinnacle of success in the battle for the remote :thumbs up:;bigwave:

Just try to look at it as your family trying to save your brain cells from themselves.. :p:D
I'm not saying anyone's wrong for watching, but there's just so much of this crap on at the moment, passing itself off as entertainment. I mean really. Prime Time slots given over to Karaoke? Ballroom Dancing? Dancing on ICE? auditions for musicals? Don't even get me started on the absolute antichrist of entertainment that is Big Brother...

Looks like I'm going to have to turn into one of those funny-voiced letter writers on 'Points of View'. :argh::computer::laugh:

Big Gordy
6th June 2008, 10:45 AM
I vote for Euan to be head of the beeb:yes nod: Couldn't have put it better myself:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
6th June 2008, 10:46 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to turn into one of those funny-voiced letter writers on 'Points of View'. :argh::computer::laugh:

No just use your normal voice:moonie: Its much the same really:laugh:;bigwave: