PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling

macblob
17th March 2004, 05:49 AM
Thinking about getting rid of my wee coop......but what to buy?

Not to sure if im going to stick with the MINI due to loads of warranty work early on with the one ive got and lots of stories of continuing warranty issues even on 2004 build cars.
If only BMW would get there fingers out and sort the silly wee niggly problems.

Actually found myself at a honda dealer today looking at a type R civic....... time will tell I suppose!

Julz
17th March 2004, 05:53 AM
Oh my good gracious NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I tell you NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, get an S, you won't regret it!!:p:):D

macblob
17th March 2004, 06:06 AM
Cant afford an S , was looking at a yr old type R with 8000 on the clock, for £13995.
Cooper prices for 200bhp as standard......not made my mind up yet though , it all depends on what I can get for my cooper

KenL
17th March 2004, 06:08 AM
Civic Type-R is a good car, extremely fast, doesn't have the personality of a MINI and not problem free.

My mate from work has one and has had no end of probs with tracking and it pulling to the right.

Have you had an insurance quote? They are group 18 or something scary.

macblob
17th March 2004, 06:22 AM
Yeah did an online quote thingy with direct line this afternoon

£770 fully comp with a £150 excess. group 17 insurance hehehe

monkimagic
17th March 2004, 08:36 AM
Oh man, stick with whats best, MINI. The MINI has got it all when other cars are wrong on so many levels.

Monki

minidriver#1
17th March 2004, 08:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Thinking about getting rid of my wee coop......but what to buy?

Not to sure if im going to stick with the MINI due to loads of warranty work early on with the one ive got and lots of stories of continuing warranty issues even on 2004 build cars.
If only BMW would get there fingers out and sort the silly wee niggly problems.

Actually found myself at a honda dealer today looking at a type R civic....... time will tell I suppose!

i did the same thing today! lol. but stickin with the mini of course.

Julz
17th March 2004, 04:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Civic Type-R is a good car, extremely fast

Not against a mini with a BBR conversion though!! Proud momment of mine, overtaking a Type R as it was trying to race me!!:p:D

Big Col
17th March 2004, 04:57 PM
<blinks> How much bhp does the BBR give you Julz???? Sheesh! Wish I coulda seen the guy in the type-R's face as, when he's being overtaken, he looks to the right at the person overtaking him in a fat MINI and sees this wickle blond with her nose peeping over the steering wheel zinging by him. ;):D

Willie M
17th March 2004, 05:05 PM
Whilst the MINI is still not quite fault free I know for certain that you would find a massive improvement over the earlier cars MacB. Stouffer was like night and day compared to our first MINI and I believe with Chunk, the build quality has even stepped up that little bit more.

It'd be worth having a word with Wul to get his take on his new '04 model compared to his last car.

Must say I do admire the Type R but in a word Brian, DON'T DO IT :eek: If you leave the MINI scene we'll track you down and give you a damn good slap :blackeye::blackeye::D

Julz
17th March 2004, 05:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
<blinks> How much bhp does the BBR give you Julz???? Sheesh! Wish I coulda seen the guy in the type-R's face as, when he's being overtaken, he looks to the right at the person overtaking him in a fat MINI and sees this wickle blond with her nose peeping over the steering wheel zinging by him. ;):D

I've only got 220, but quite a whack of torque!! The guy had been racing me for weeks and I couldn't wait to blast him, he hasn't tried again since!!
p.s., just stripy blonde (and orange), shortly to return back to stripy blonde and pink!!;):D

KenL
17th March 2004, 05:31 PM

Yeah did an online quote thingy with direct line this afternoon

£770 fully comp with a £150 excess. group 17 insurance hehehe

Not toooooooooooo bad Brian for a young whipper snapper like yourself?

Did you drive it? I get a lift in one regularly and it really is a nice car. A bit stripped and noisy though in terms of the engine but then it is designed like that.

Never heard one rattle from the trim though, it seems very well put together.

KenL
17th March 2004, 05:33 PM

Cant afford an S , was looking at a yr old type R with 8000 on the clock, for £13995.
Cooper prices for 200bhp as standard......not made my mind up yet though , it all depends on what I can get for my cooper

There is a guy on MINI2 selling a year old S for £13200 or something. He is down south and "may" be finding it difficult to sell as it doesn't have AC - neither does a Type-R though unless you pay a £1250 premium :eek:

macblob
17th March 2004, 06:17 PM
Thats not bad, im not arsed about air con as ive never had it and im definately not paying 700 quid or more for it lol.

I thought the insurance quote was pretty reasonable too, was pretty shocked actually, maybe its cause im 30 now :disapprove:

Still not sure what im going to do , might still end up just going for a new cooper again :D

Duncan Stewart
17th March 2004, 06:23 PM
What a decision to make Brian ! :eek: The Civic Type R is my favourite car outside the Mini range. But no matter how I look at it I still want to stick with my Mini - hope you come to the same decision and we still see you on the runs :D. A standard Cooper is under £13K remember and a silly low insurance group and very low depreciation.

KenL
17th March 2004, 06:24 PM

Still not sure what im going to do , might still end up just going for a new cooper again :D

That sounds like a better plan :)

Wul
17th March 2004, 06:46 PM
MACBLOB - DO NOT BUY A CIVIC TYPE R!!

My mates has just sold one for the following reasons:

1. The noise inside the car is intolerable - road noise from the tyres, engine noise due to no sound proofing round the engine bay (designed this as KenL says).
2. No traction control(not even an option) - 200bhp through the front tyres = eats tyres VERY quickly due to incessant wheelspin.
3. Tyres - brdgestone potenza are the only option i think due to a funny sizing. Very expensive!
4. Bellybuttons - everyone has them - how many silver type R's are there floating around - at least the MINI can be personalised.
5. And finally - it has the gearstick from a citroen 2CV - it comes out the dashboard!!!

As willieM says the 04 build quality is a lot better - my car has a few tiny rattles - but compared to the 02 coop it is Chalk and cheese (touch wood!) and as for other problems - only time will tell, but the signs are good so far!

The mini has character - the type R doesn't - other considerations could be the focus ST170 or new ashtray GXI or pug 206 GTI or Clio 172 thingy - but again all these cars have no personaltiy against the MINI.

Or why not try for an 03/53 plate MCS - in a few months they'll all be in the same price range?

Steve74
17th March 2004, 06:58 PM
When I bought my MCS this year I looked at so many other cars - the Civic type R, Lotus Elise, VX220, Z4 and 3 series Coupe. None of the cars compared in drive to the MCS. I got back in my car last night after a few days in a Cooper and although that car handles well and is nice the MCS is just in a different leauge from the other cars. The Elise and VX220 were every fast and scray but too much of a crash bang wallop type of ride. The Z4 was really cool to look at and had a nice engine but no character in my opinion. Ok so you may have to live with some faults but I've been surprised at how my dealer has made up for the problems I had early on. The car now feels bullet proof!! There are good deals on the type R at Chathams but it does look like an MPV!! The mini is soooo much cooler! There's one in Top Marques (not mine borrowed it...) for £13,995 fully loaded with 15,000 miles in dark silver...

macblob
17th March 2004, 07:28 PM
Thats a not bad price Steve, I might need to look into some yr old mcs and see whats about.

Half the point of changing the cooper was so that id still be in warranty tlc etc, so dont want one more than a yr old otherwise ill be in the same situation again with a yr. Mind you if the build quality of the original cars hadnt been so suspect I would have been quite happy to hold on to my cooper for longer

Linda M
17th March 2004, 08:46 PM
BRIAN :eek: But then variety is the spice of life :clown: Good idea to have a look about at yr old mcs, take your time :) Mindyou I've only got Daisy til I've saved enough for an Aston Martin, might be a while though :clown::D

Starky
17th March 2004, 09:32 PM
Check out the service costs for the Honda, they're horrendous.

Willie M
17th March 2004, 09:43 PM
I know the dilema you're going through Brian, I was there myself a few months ago mulling over R32's & RS Focus's and the like. Ultimately the MINI won out :approve: I just couldn't leave this wonderful little car.

Besides. Don't you dare think you're getting to come on the run next year in anything other than a MINI ya wee blighter ;):D:p:clown: , unless of course some kind soul takes you in as a passenger :p

macblob
17th March 2004, 10:04 PM
Dunno if ull have room in ur car wiff all da hos wille :p

Big Col
17th March 2004, 10:19 PM
I wish you had the pink in at the time Julz! You should keep a ribbon in the car for just such an occasion. ;)

Tahra
18th March 2004, 02:08 AM
Cant comment at all on an R ( though had a shot of an S2000 great fun - though I think the insurance would be similar to a small mortgage ) BUT just to emphasize what Mr Moffat said - the new MINIs are totally different beasties. It's really what sold us when we test drove the S; it just felt much more solid - it was the car we thought we were buying the first time. J was just saying that he was a bit worried that we hadn't taken it back to the garage for anything. Hand on heart nothing has gone wrong with it.... however Im now going to rush out and hug some wood cos I know that was tempting fate !:eek:

Tahra
18th March 2004, 02:12 AM
and another thing - 13 odd K sounds a pretty good (fair)price for an MCS. A small local garage has one on its forecourt, a Chili'd, gunmetal with extra window tints and the steering wheel stereo control. Its a year old with 10 thousand on the clock and theyre asking 16.5K !!!!! Thats more than we paid for ours five months ago.

broken_brian
18th March 2004, 02:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

MACBLOB - DO NOT BUY A CIVIC TYPE R!!

My mates has just sold one for the following reasons:

1. The noise inside the car is intolerable - road noise from the tyres, engine noise due to no sound proofing round the engine bay (designed this as KenL says).
2. No traction control(not even an option) - 200bhp through the front tyres = eats tyres VERY quickly due to incessant wheelspin.

Or why not try for an 03/53 plate MCS - in a few months they'll all be in the same price range?

sounds just like my classic although i only have about 65 bhp i can have a set of front tyres last 6 months but at £25 a go its not that expensive plus the type r cant go round cornes as fast as me :D go for the coop s it is a far nicer car to look at plus you would not have to admit to owning a honda. or u could just swap your coop for my classic :D:D

Wul
18th March 2004, 05:10 AM
macblob - quick theres an MCS on ebay at £9k+ with no reserve - its a 52 plate i'm sure!

ELFMAN
18th March 2004, 07:20 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree that the CTR is a good car, but did you read the latest 'Evo' group test? I quote:
Steering: "Numb to the point of general anasthesia...” also "A paucity of composure below 60mph..” it didn't shine, despite being improved and upgraded over the one you're looking at.

I reckon that, fantastic engine aside, it's just another fairly characterless hatch and you'd get fed up when all the fun's above 6,000rpm. 80% of the time you'd be way out of the powerband which is the whole reason for that engine. I got rid of my (highly) tuned 106GTI for that very reason. When you were “going for it”, nothing could touch it - it was SO quick especially at about 90mph in fourth (!) - but that was the problem, the “fun” zone was too narrow. So 80% of the time I had to put up with the shortcomings which made it brilliant 20% of the time.

With the MINI, it's brilliant 70% of the time, and you can do things to make up the difference without spoiling it. I really enjoyed my COOP for two years with its teething troubles at the beginning. Even with the wee niggles of my new 'S', I wouldn't swap it for anything..... well maybe a TVR 350C..... or a date with Bjork (or someone who looks vaguely like her.......)

Really think before you buy something else, you may regret it more than you think, and we'd hate to lose you to the “Backwards Bunnet” brigade. Just think how crap you'd feel the first time Julz blew you into the weeds.....or weeded you into the blues.

If you're going to go for something non-MINI, check out a Clio Cup - less bucks, more bang, with enough clout to see off a CTR on a good (i.e. challenging) road. I rest my case for the defence M'lud. I'll get me cloak and wig.........

macblob
18th March 2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all the coments and info, it has certainly given me more things to think about before making a decision

Cheers all

Steve74
18th March 2004, 06:26 PM
If you dont mind LHD and shipping :D

This is a very cool MCS at a very reasonable price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467269357&category=31861

Monsta Mo Mini
18th March 2004, 08:27 PM
OK - I'm going to enter the fold here aswell as I'm soon to face a similiar dilema.

As some of you may know, I'll be needing more spacious transport in the not too distant future. At the moment I'll have the cooper until next March at which point it's decision time!

We're going to get a 'family' runaround as a second car at the moment. We're not to bothered about what that will be as long as it's safe, reliable and not too expensive - open to suggestions here...

As for the replacement for the cooper, I've already looked at the RX8 - lovely car but not the most economical for every day commuting . A 3 series compact , CTR, Alfa and A3 have also been considered but nothing seems to come close to the MINI for pure smile factor.......AAAAAARRRRRGH!

I know what your going through Brian. You don't have the same restrictions as me...GO FOR THE MINI!!!!!! (while you can!)

Mini Martyn
18th March 2004, 09:31 PM
All i say is no dont do it!!!!

The best mistake i ever made was buying my Coop S!!

macblob
18th March 2004, 09:45 PM
MMMM Go for the RX8 Calum, thats what id have if I had a spare 20k, anyone wanna lend or give me 6 grand or so? :D

Quik_Mini
18th March 2004, 10:05 PM
Keep the mini :) and if you are getting bored with a cooper, put a cooper s engine in it, who cares about warranty hehehe.

As for family car, can get an A4 Estate pretty cheap and they are lovely looking cars. But if you were going to drift from the Mini as well, I would say S3 mmm 4wd hehe and yes I do like Audis'

Wul
19th March 2004, 12:05 AM
QM - my brother had an old Audi 90 Quattro - there is absolutely nothing sounds as good as the 5 cylinder quattro on full tilt:D

Duncan Stewart
19th March 2004, 03:31 AM
If power is not your first concern why not get a brand new Cooper or One. I drove a One recently at speed and it's just as much fun as my Cooper although the higher gearing makes it feel odd - over 90 in 3rd! That way you have the full 3 years of warranty and dirt cheap (TLC) servicing and still part of the Mini squad! :D
Calum - get a Mini! - buy a roof rack ;)

Starky
19th March 2004, 03:53 AM
If i had to give up the S, the only car i'd go for just now would be Nissan's 350Z, a stupendous piece of kit for a really silly price, a working man's porche, n goes like stink.

Big Gordy
19th March 2004, 04:25 AM
MMM have you seen the service intervals for the RX8 :eek: I think you have to have an oil service every 8000 miles or something daft :(
There's a bloke at our work got one, very nice from certain angles but ugle from others :dead: Only MY opinion mind you ;) Like Starky I like the 350Z :D Harks back to the old 240/260Z days (not 280Z it was a tub of lard made for the Americans - sorry Linda ;)) I've got a A4 1.9TDi lined up for my next family transport only problem is I'll have to wait another 2 years as my mates only had it a year :p:D:approve:

Willie M
19th March 2004, 04:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Calum - get a Mini! - buy a roof rack ;)
:D Or a wee trailer to tow behind it. Anyway, Shirley managed to do a fair bit of last years Heartbeat Run sitting in the back of the MINI. I'm sure she'd happily travel there all the time ;):p

turbotaxi
26th March 2004, 06:25 PM
Brian,

Sorry to jump on this one a bit late but the ONLY car you should be considering is the vRS!!

You know it makes sense............

Cheers
Hugh

KenL
29th March 2004, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by turbotaxi

Brian,

Sorry to jump on this one a bit late but the ONLY car you should be considering is the vRS!!

You know it makes sense............

Cheers
Hugh

Wot's a vRS :p

Duncan Stewart
29th March 2004, 05:47 PM
Isn't it the Skoda version of a Golf GTi?

turbotaxi
29th March 2004, 07:56 PM
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...................

Try; www.briskoda.net for more info,

Cheers
Hugh

Big Gordy
29th March 2004, 09:56 PM
My mate with the garage has just bought a vRS last week and he says its superb :cool: He traded in his civic for it :p 130bhp and 40+ miles to the gallon can't be bad and he says it drives better plus has a better build quality than any of the new British built type R civics he's come across :DAND it doesn't look like a bread van :p:D:approve:

turbotaxi
30th March 2004, 12:30 AM
Sounds like he's got a Fabia vRS, they can easily be re-mapped up to 180BHP and are meant to be lots of fun. I've got the Octavia vRS and would recommend it to anyone. If you can see past the image, jokes etc, it's a great car that goes/stops and handles so much better than cars in its price range and it's even better with a couple of 'tweaks' here and there if you know what I mean..,....

Cheers
Hugh

KenL
30th March 2004, 04:47 AM
Agreed TurboTaxi - Skoda's are good cars if a bit boring looking.

Seat also make good cars these days - the "hot" Leons look pretty good.

Not as stylish or fun as a MINI of course.

turbotaxi
30th March 2004, 05:00 PM
Of course, I really like the Mini but last week I 'built' my own Coopers 'S' on the Mini website and to have all the features my car has got it was over 18K and that was without the 'S'works upgrade or metallic paint!! Lovely motors but a bit on the expensive side.........

SEAT's are nice too but in my opinion having spoke to both SEAT and Skoda owners, many SEAT's don't seem as well built (rattles, niggly problems etc). I know that might sound silly coming from a Skoda owner but I do know of a couple of people who have chipped in their SEAT's to buy a Skoda!

Cheers
Hugh

KenL
30th March 2004, 05:54 PM
The MINI will hold it's value better than a Skoda - check out the depreciation index in something like What Car.

turbotaxi
30th March 2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah, that's a fair point but (no offence) I don't really buy cars thinking of the depreciation value. If you are happy with the car and it does what it 'says on the tin' then I am happy. Not saying all MINI's have terrible build quality but I do know a few folk who have had nothing but trouble with them since they got them. My car ('52 plate vRS now on 21K mileage) has been back for a warranty claim once in it's life which was sorted out very quickly, this gives me more reassurance than the depreciation value.

Just my 2p's worth though.

Cheers
Hugh

macblob
27th April 2004, 12:41 AM
Well im afraid to say my wee MINI maybe leaving within the next month.

Only a couple of things to sort out, one of them being a test drive of the new motor :D

Got offered a cracking deal by a dealer in leeds for trade in so presuming all goes well with a test drive ill be moving on along with ken.

Will keep you informed of the latest when and if it happens lol.

Ps . if i sell it can i get a lift on future runs? pleeeeeeese

Gismo
27th April 2004, 01:42 AM
Ps . if i sell it can i get a lift on future runs? pleeeeeeeseNope :evil::blackeye::p:):D

KenL
27th April 2004, 05:50 AM
Leeds !!!

Please tell us more.

macblob
27th April 2004, 06:59 AM
Aye Leeds.

Seat dealers that sponsors a seat forum based web site. JCT600 seat dealer in Leeds.
Doing a deal through the seat entusiasts web site for a grand of list price for the leon cupra.
So gave them a wee call today and they have agreed 10,420 on my coop subject to seeing it, so overall deal works out pretty well.

Going to Ireland on wednesday for a week so will be trying to sort something out next week / week after

Willie M
27th April 2004, 03:38 PM
Congrats Brian, hope the deal goes through for you but VERY sorry to see you moving on :( Obviously Alan ain't going to give you a lift in future but I'm sure if you're nice to us, some kind soul may oblige ;)

Enjoy the Ireland break and do let us know how you get on.

KenL
27th April 2004, 04:20 PM
That looks a good deal Brian especially considering they are knocking £1k off list on the Seat as well.

macblob
27th April 2004, 06:32 PM
Cheers guys , ill let u know how i get on in the next couple of weeks

GAJ
27th April 2004, 06:54 PM
All the best with the new car Brian. I might give you a lift on the odd run. If you ask nicely.:p

You might be too busy on Seat runs though.:clown:

macblob
7th May 2004, 02:53 AM
Well, hopefully going to do a deal with seat dealer in Edinburgh on Saturday all things being well.

They have agreed to match the price the garage in Leeds was offering me, and it will save a long drive down to leeds.

They also have a new cupra in stock in the correct colour :D

So if the deal goes to plan, may have a new baby by a week tomorrow or around then.

Ill keep you posted.

Ohhh aye btw ive throughly enjoyed my time with the mini and especially all the MINI runs , events etc..........been a damm good giggle and im sure ill continue to check out the forums and annoy u all as much as ever.

Wul
7th May 2004, 03:43 PM
Good news Macblob - and don't be a stranger - hope you've noted the local run/go-karts which you are welcome to attend! :)

macblob
13th May 2004, 01:54 AM
New car is ordered, may have it in the next week or two with a bit of luck.

Need to travel down to leeds to complete deal , and pick up the new motor.

Gismo
13th May 2004, 02:04 AM
Nice one brian, enjoy the car and the many runs and social gatherings that go with the Seat scene 8)

macblob
13th May 2004, 02:36 AM
lol, not to sure there will be many runs , but have found a good seat forum , been helpful in info so far and where i discovered the garage that im dealing with.

Very sorry to be getting rid of the wee MINI is many ways but also looking forward to a wee change and 180bhp :D

KenL
13th May 2004, 05:55 AM
Hope all goes well Brian

I am allowed to wave at you from my VW :D

Wul
13th May 2004, 06:07 AM
Are Seat and VW not cousins anyway? 8)

3GGG
13th May 2004, 06:29 AM

New car is ordered, may have it in the next week or two with a bit of luck.

Sorry to hear you are leaving us Macblob:( , enjoy the new car when it comes.:p

Swopping the Mac for a PC next? :evil:;):D

macblob
13th May 2004, 06:41 AM
hell no, no windoze machines in my hoose, apart from my xbox :D

And ill give ya a wave ken , audi, vw, seat, skoda are all cousins......theres a weekend vag group meet at the end onf this month 29th -30th in biggar.

Might check it out if ive got the car by then........dont think it will be the same as the MINI meets though :disapprove:

Willie M
13th May 2004, 04:04 PM
All the best Brian, always enjoyed your company any time we met up.
Hope you'll still stop by here from time to time.

KenL
13th May 2004, 04:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Are Seat and VW not cousins anyway? 8)

No, VW is the daddy ;)

KenL
13th May 2004, 04:05 PM
Brian - what websites/forums have you been looking at?

macblob
13th May 2004, 04:44 PM
the main one that ive been looking at is

http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk

and

http://www.seatcupra.net/

Havent really checked the second one out that much , but registered with the 1st one :D

Think there are some of those VW owners on those forums too

Duncan Stewart
13th May 2004, 04:44 PM
What have you done Brian! :( :eek: ;) Still the Seat is a great car and hope we will still see you along on some mini runs as a passenger. Post some pics when you get the car.

macblob
16th May 2004, 07:39 AM
Well sad to say the deed is done.

Said goodbye to my wee blue beasty today :(

But got a bigger platinum grey beasty to play in.

Had a couple of hundred miles journey back from Leeds in the Cupra.
Liking it so far I must admit, ill post some picies when I take some, maybe tomorrow.
Car doesnt have quite the gokart handling of the MINI, noticed that especially round roundabouts etc.
Having said this the handling is still pretty empressive, with good ride quality.....and dammm compared to my cooper this thing shifts, was keeping it below 4000 revs and was still scaring myself :). 3 figures at 4000 revs in 6th gear....nice.
I will still be kicking around NMS if thats ok with everyone and would love to still come along on a few runs as a map reader or whatever.
Cheers ya mad MINI bunch
Ohhh aye can I be removed from any future runs that Im on lists for , Ta.....canny really come on MINI runs in a Leon can I? :p

Willie M
17th May 2004, 02:18 AM

canny really come on MINI runs in a Leon can I? :p
NO. You bl**dy well can't :p
You know you'll always be welcome as a navigator or passenger though Brian, can you read a map? ;)
All the best with the new car, see you around.

GAJ
17th May 2004, 03:46 AM
Look forward to seeing it Brian.

KenL
17th May 2004, 07:09 AM
Nice one Brian.

macblob
18th May 2004, 07:07 AM
Here are a few piccys of the new motor :D

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/33889.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/33891.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/33892.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/macblob/33893.jpg

Willie M
18th May 2004, 03:15 PM
Very nice Brian, gotta say I like that colour :approve:;)

KenL
18th May 2004, 04:22 PM
Very nice Brian. My golf will be coming in a similar colour called "Steel Grey"

Wul
18th May 2004, 04:48 PM
Very nice Brian - how did the insurance compare to the coop?

macblob
18th May 2004, 04:51 PM
Cheers guys, think it looks pretty groovy for a 5 door motor :D

macblob
18th May 2004, 04:56 PM
Insurance is group 16 on the cupra compared to group 8 on the cooper.

I got fully comp through elephant for £579 with protected no claims based on m/30yrs old, 5 yrs no claims, car kept on the street and an sp30
ohh aye thats with a £150 excess and £50 for glass claims
:D

Thought it was pretty damm good as I was paying about £500 for the cooper as they charged me extra for the air filter etc.

GAJ
18th May 2004, 04:57 PM
Very nice!

Monsta Mo Mini
18th May 2004, 07:21 PM
...that's got me thinking....

KenL
18th May 2004, 08:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Are you working on www.newLEONscotland.co.uk then :p:D

duncan
18th May 2004, 08:22 PM

I get a Server not responding for that site ;):p

Wul
18th May 2004, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

I get a Server not responding for that site ;):p

Maybe it's having bandwidth problems cos' of all the hits it's getting!

then again maybe not!:p:evil:;)

macblob
18th May 2004, 09:21 PM
Calum if you want a wee spin in the cupra gimme a shout, might help you rule it out or convince you to buy one.

Either way its easier than having to arrange a test drive etc