PDA

View Full Version : Northern MINI now open for business!!!!!

The Dogfather
28th May 2008, 02:37 PM
Northern MINI now open for business!!!!! Just in case you missed the title :nag:

First I'd like to thank Bazthemod for sorting out the frontpage picture, great work young 'un. And he's not finished there so you'll have to keep popping back :argh: to see more of his work.

We've also got the first NMS/NM run sorted as well, yes we've hijacked :Whistle: the Borders Run and hopefully there'll be an English invasion in the Borders come September.

Feel free to pop south and post, all are welcome. Its not true that Alan will deduct a post from NMS for every post on NM. He said it would be 10. :moonie:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=61

Draft Logo still subject to change :rolleyes:

Gismo
28th May 2008, 02:43 PM
Draft Logo subject to change :rolleyes:You should have a poll :rolleyes::D
Seriously, good luck in your new venture and no stealing my Admin guys :hand:

The Dogfather
28th May 2008, 02:45 PM
You should have a poll :rolleyes::D
Seriously, good luck in your new venture and no stealing my Admin guys :hand:

Who'd have em! <I jest, I jest>

Scottie
28th May 2008, 03:09 PM
well done you:thumbs up: Forums are pretty easy to get going must be I have 3 well 4 actually.:D

post a link when you have it up and running

Burple
28th May 2008, 04:39 PM
Heh.. Nice one Paul!
You know you're gonna have a lot of 'North of the Border' members right?? :D:D

:thumbs up:

Craig
28th May 2008, 05:38 PM
Well Done Paul for taking the plunge.... :thumbs up:

Do you pay more than Bonnie Scotland ? :moonie::D

The Dogfather
28th May 2008, 06:33 PM
well done you:thumbs up: Forums are pretty easy to get going must be I have 3 well 4 actually.:D

post a link when you have it up and running

It'll be www.northernmini.co.uk I know who to come to for advice now (as well as BS and Popcornholio)

Well Done Paul for taking the plunge.... :thumbs up:

Do you pay more than Bonnie Scotland ? :moonie::D

Yes, three times as much. :moonie: Alan's got deep pockets I hear :D

Heh.. Nice one Paul!
You know you're gonna have a lot of 'North of the Border' members right?? :D:D
:thumbs up:

That'll be great, although I'm hoping to bring a few Northerners to NMS in return

Bumble
28th May 2008, 08:24 PM
well done ... i'm sure it wont be long before we have joint runs!

Colin
28th May 2008, 10:09 PM
All the best with the new site Paul. :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
1st June 2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the kind words, here's a quick update.

The domain name has finally been setup and a holding page created. The site should go fully online on 7.06.2008.

I've acquired the voluntary services of a young(pup) graphics artist who's helping me give the site a proper identity. (thanks Mate) This allows me to focus on getting some content on the boards. I've also been in touch with a NMSer about the possibility of a joint run, but this would be dependent on numbers.

I'm not expecting the site to be busy from the off but hopefully things will pick up over the first few months. Feel free to pop across the border on the 7th to have a look round.

monkimagic
1st June 2008, 04:45 PM
Well done Paul.....:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
5th June 2008, 11:46 AM
Northern MINI now open for business!!!!! Just in case you missed the title :nag:

First I'd like to thank Bazthemod for sorting out the frontpage picture, great work young 'un. And he's not finished there so you'll have to keep popping back :argh: to see more of his work.

We've also got the first NMS/NM run sorted as well, yes we've hijacked :Whistle: the Borders Run and hopefully there'll be an English invasion in the Borders come September.

Feel free to pop south and post, all are welcome. Its not true that Alan will deduct a post from NMS for every post on NM. He said it would be 10. :moonie:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=61

Draft Logo still subject to change :rolleyes:

Gismo
5th June 2008, 11:57 AM
We've got the first NMS/NM run sorted as well, yes we've hijacked :Whistle: the Borders Run and hopefully there'll be an English invasion in the Borders come September.Maybe the run organiser will change your username on the run attendance :Whistle:
Hope to see some southern MINI's in attendance :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
5th June 2008, 02:16 PM
Woohoo! :thumbs up: <gets back to my crayons> :p

Scottie
5th June 2008, 03:43 PM
looks very good Paul. A job well done and now 2 sites that I can post on better get started:computer:

illegalhunter
5th June 2008, 07:30 PM
Nice site who did the st up for you Dogfather?

The Dogfather
5th June 2008, 07:57 PM
I set the forums up.

However the brilliant frontpage image of the MINI is Bazthemod's work. There's more to follow from Baz as well.

stoney
5th June 2008, 08:43 PM
i need the email sent to actvte my user name again i del it by accedent

Burple
5th June 2008, 11:07 PM
well done ... i'm sure it wont be long before we have joint runs!

Eww... ;) It's bad enough having the runs by yourself!!! :D:laugh::Whistle:

The Dogfather
17th June 2008, 08:19 PM
Just hit 50 members, 51 if you include Crombers who I think took a wrong turning a Hamilton :D

RyanK
17th June 2008, 09:39 PM
Well done for getting this started. Seems to have went down a treat with the members on Mini2.

Well done to Baz aswell, the front page looks very cool!

The Dogfather
17th June 2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks Ryan. Now up to 54, Alan will be pissed most are NMSers :laugh:

Scottie
17th June 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks Ryan. Now up to 54, Alan will be pissed most are NMSers :laugh:

you laugh. I have both sites in my bookmark and so far your site has been more active than NMS of late. H'mm maybe I'll set up a mini forum for Central scotland peeps.:laugh::popcorn:

Gismo
18th June 2008, 02:31 AM
Thanks Ryan. Now up to 54, Alan will be pissed most are NMSers :laugh:Not as such :Whistle: but, with most forums, folks come and go, it's keeping them there that's the key, potentially once you're site settles down the NMSers may dwindle away, or not as the case may be :p

you laugh. I have both sites in my bookmark and so far your site has been more active than NMS of late. H'mm maybe I'll set up a mini forum for Central scotland peeps.:laugh::popcorn:I can confirm that NMS has shown a noticable reduction in the statistics since Paul's site started :yes nod:

The Dogfather
18th June 2008, 05:52 AM
That's only cause I'm not posting as often on here now :D

The Dogfather
18th June 2008, 06:25 AM
Alan, I think you may see a few Englanders posting on here soon, especially on he run up to Andy's run